Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
vageta31
Rin
Green__Eagle
Dr. Demento
Tolvo
SlakeMoth
befowler
bloodpixel
BLA1NE
RANT
WyrmHero
15 posters

I hate NG+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I hate NG+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I hate NG+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Sometimes Centipede Demon seems like a brute in NG+infinity, but not every time, so maybe what I've seen as increased ferocity is just the normal varied ai, but it's magnified due to the increased damage. Like how sometimes Ornstein, whether it's NG or NG+infinity, will just go at you relentlessly from the get-go, and other times he's relatively mellow.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:08 pm

i agree i would say playing ng+++ at sl120 is about the same as a low level playthrough if not harder. theres a video on sansviedotcom's yt channel that has some Japanese player defeating 4kings at sl1 in ng++++++
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPjREX9V2ek
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:13 pm

My character 'smash' would like to say hi all the way from NG + x 7
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:13 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:i agree i would say playing ng+++ at sl120 is about the same as a low level playthrough if not harder. theres a video on sansviedotcom's yt channel that has some Japanese player defeating 4kings at sl1 in ng++++++
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPjREX9V2ek

well ther a difference between skill n having no life n the time
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:21 pm

^^^ someones jealous
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:28 pm

not realy k find the drs pve to be much less challenging than the one of ds i also like player made challenges but in my oppinion waisting so much time is a step too far
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:My character 'smash' would like to say hi all the way from NG + x 7

Hmm, what SL is he, might I ask? 120?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:36 pm

some people are just really good. im sure it didnt take that person nearly as long as you assume it did. they probably planned from day 1 of getting the game to have a save where they go as far as possible at sl1. i can actually open the kiln at sl1 in about two days(a weekend).

idk maybe i took it personal cause you said they had no life when i have spent close to 900hrs with this game. with the amount of posts you have and the fact your on dark souls forum im guessing you have spent a decent amount of time playing also.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:48 pm

2 days is a lot by my counter :shock:
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:50 pm

yeaa... ok im done but seriously? you think beating a difficult rpg at the lowest possible level in 2 days seems like a lot of time?
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:57 pm

yes...i dont play games a lot i only play games that i like a lot drs being at the top...2 days all together is a long time and as sometimes i might stay on my console for 6+ hours i still would have brakes to take a breather and go on the net... i value gaming but not more than social life and my own health
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Taking a break from gaming to go on the net, huh? Do you put on a tie?

@FPN, beating Dark Souls at sl 1 is GODLY, however long it takes. I haven't tried it yet. Not sure I could do it.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:03 pm

i didebt mean it like that :| n yeh i have a collection of ties i give them names n take them on walks
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:13 pm

doing it the first time is tuff but honestly its not as hard as you would expect. lots of people assume you cant use heavy armor or good weapons. heres a good setup for sl1 you can get most the gear early on too.
    basically you just put all your souls into upgrading that stuff(luckily stone armor is already max upgrade)

http://tinyurl.com/7xa9rfm

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:45 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:doing it the first time is tuff but honestly its not as hard as you would expect. lots of people assume you cant use heavy armor or good weapons. heres a good setup for sl1 you can get most the gear early on too.
    basically you just put all your souls into upgrading that stuff(luckily stone armor is already max upgrade)

Stone anything? Where's your sense of fashion? Also at SL 1 mite as well abuse tearstone ring & crown of dusk. Also whats the point of Great Combustion just use a normal pyrohand with power within. Combined with everything else your 30 soul arrows will pretty much kill any boss. Also mite want to consider the ring that ups sorcery.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:46 pm

201. I don't care much for limitation. I draw people to my world for PvP, not wait for me to come to them. if I am not PvEing, I will usually fight them myself. In PvE, my heavy cleric armor, balder shield, and hammer and sword are my main tools of conquering the depths of Lordran.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Oo1Zer0 wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:doing it the first time is tuff but honestly its not as hard as you would expect. lots of people assume you cant use heavy armor or good weapons. heres a good setup for sl1 you can get most the gear early on too.

Stone anything? Where's your sense of fashion? Also at SL 1 mite as well abuse tearstone ring & crown of dusk. Also whats the point of Great Combustion just use a normal pyrohand with power within. Combined with everything else your 30 soul arrows will pretty much kill any boss. Also mite want to consider the ring that ups sorcery.

I hate NG+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 3358384175the point isnt to make it as easy as possible. hyper mode is powerful and also weak, its just not my style. that set up is for a pure melee playthrough at sl1. the pyro is mainly to make it easier to do the 4kings and s&o fight solo. doing a sl1 playthrough solo and doing one with summons is a massive difference. also whats wrong with stone set? i guess for pve poise isnt as important but for fights like 4kings it can be. 4kings is one of the hardest fights cause you have to give up a ring slot.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:201. I don't care much for limitation.
    I'm surprised more people don't post about doing this. All you have to do to get pvp is go human, and it's so great to be able to change from full Smough cosplay to a dex assassin or whatever at a whim, and still be just as effective.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:07 pm

^^^ i admit i have been tempted to go above 120 but honestly i dont see that being fun besides the fact you can use whatever gear you want and still have it be effective. since all the invaders are lower level wheres the challenge?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah, if you're mainly pvp I guess you'd want to stay capped. But if you're doing pve and occasionally want a little pvp it works. And the challenge is simply using less upgraded weapons. If I have time I'll usually switch to a partially-upgraded Estoc. Still easier than it would otherwise be, though. And as I've said elsewhere the occasional elite player will eat my face regardless of sl.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Low level playthroughs are great because they make you better at the game. Without realizing it you are actually relying on a crutch to beat the game at higher levels. My 2nd playthrough of the game was with an SL 1 character. I loaded up on heavy armor to tank 4 kings, Nito and Gwyn. I relied on a +5 ascended pyro glove in order to do most of my damage. I wore a mother's mask, dwgr and rofap at all times and relied on high damage elemental weapons. And in the end I really learned nothing more about the game mechanics that I hadn't learned when I beat it at a higher level the first time.

My 2nd low level playthrough was with an sl 5 knight(starting level). I used no armor, no shield, no magic/pyro, no summons and didn't allow myself to use any elemental weapons. After beating the game that way my skill had improved drastically because I had to learn to dodge literally everything and not rely on an OP weapon/spell to do it for me.

My latest challenge run was with an sl 3 sorcerer base only allowing vitality and endurance(8/8) and without using any health/stamina or burden increasing items. I just beat the 4 kings two nights ago while cursed and at less than 50 hps the whole fight in order to take advantage of the red tearstone ring. I did it with a simple +10 fire dagger and they never touched me once. I even had time to kill between after the 3rd and 4th king.

When you can complete a low level challenge, especially with added restrictions, then NG+ and beyond become a lot less difficult. If you rely on high levels and maxed out gear to beat NG then things will only get worse from then on. Since boss damage scales with your level, having high vitality just means you take more damage when you get hit. Those that rely on heavy armor and haven't learned to dodge will have a hard time. Those that have learned to dodge and not rely on armor will breeze through it since they likely will get hit very little in the first place.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:33 pm

callipygias wrote:Yeah, if you're mainly pvp I guess you'd want to stay capped. But if you're doing pve and occasionally want a little pvp it works. And the challenge is simply using less upgraded weapons. If I have time I'll usually switch to a partially-upgraded Estoc. Still easier than it would otherwise be, though. And as I've said elsewhere the occasional elite player will eat my face regardless of sl.

I think most serious pvp'ers simply have different characters for pvp and pve. They use pve to get their character how they want them then essentially stop playing the game and focus on just pvp. When they want to do pve they likely do it on another character that is meant for it.

At least that's what I do. My pvp builds only get used when I actively pvp. I never take them farther than NG unless I want to be invaded in low level areas so I get into NG+. With BB glitch there really is no reason to go farther unless it's purely for pve purposes.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:43 pm

vageta31 wrote: I just beat the 4 kings two nights ago while cursed and at less than 50 hps the whole fight in order to take advantage of the red tearstone ring.
    You Red Tearstone'd the Kings at 8 vit? That's just plain insane. And btw, it goes without saying that they didn't touch you. They must not've even breathed on you.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:45 pm

callipygias wrote:
    vageta31 wrote: I just beat the 4 kings two nights ago while cursed and at less than 50 hps the whole fight in order to take advantage of the red tearstone ring.
    You Red Tearstone'd the Kings at 8 vit? That's just plain insane. And btw, it goes without saying that they didn't touch you. They must not've even breathed on you.

Hmm when you put it like that I guess it makes it pretty obvious haha. If I had brushed up against one I'd have been dead.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:25 pm

vageta did none of them do that homing soul mass attack? and if so did you run or block with a high magic defense shield?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:06 am