Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Need help with weapons / ascension please...

Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Need help with weapons / ascension please... Empty Need help with weapons / ascension please...

Post by Tokidd Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:39 am

Hello!

I was hoping some of the knowlegdeable members on the forum here could help me out with choosing a good weapon for future upgrades. I've studied the weapons section of this forum and experimented a fair bit in the game, but I've realized that if you aren't careful with your titanite, you can waste it on a weapon that may onto be suitable down the road. I'm now a level 70 character in Anor Londo, and my Drake sword is pretty much maxed out. I' be been using the Lightning Spear at +3 a fair bit, but I'm regretting the titanite chunk wastage.

My character is a warrior with 24 in both dex and strength. I've decided to stay away from heavy weapons because I like to be fast moving and get in multiple hits quickly. The problem is that , in studying the weapons section, I can't find a sword that matches the Drake Sword in damage until it has been upgraded into the divine/occult/fire/lightning realm. This means that I pretty much have to pick my poison now and start making the investments little by little. As far as divine weapons go, I've invested a bit in the Astora straight sword, and I won't be able to make fire weapons for a while yet. Which light weapon do you suggest I start investing in now for the highest damage points? I would ideally like something that will be useful reasonably soon and not take until the end of the game to exceed 300 damage points. I'm also confused about titanite and how much of the rarer forms is available in the game, but I'll save that question for another time. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my post.

Peace

Tokidd
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Need help with weapons / ascension please... Empty Re: Need help with weapons / ascension please...

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 am

Well lightning is a standard way of making weapons deal high damage without high stat scaling, so people typically use those with smaller weapons. If you are interested in Int or Faith, both can provide buffs which turn light weapons into nightmares. The Balder Side Sword is a very decent small weapon with good range, fast attacks, and two types of damage, Slash/thrust. As well you can lead targets with your R2 of the weapon, and if upgraded normally it can be buffed to deal great damage in bursts. Chaos is another option, but you will need a +5 Fire weapon, and the Chaos Ember found near where the Ceaseless Discharge stands. Chaos Weapons outdamage lightning when you have 10 Humanity active, otherwise they'll deal less damage. With smaller weapons a lot of them don't scale too high, so in some ways Elementals are a bit better of an investment unless you are going for buffed weapons. As well that is always a way to increase AR if you aren't going for any type of magic, buying Charcoal Resin to flame but them.

In regards to titanite Chunks, in the Kiln you can farm every type of Chunk, there are Black Knights there, and each one carries a single type of chunk with a 100% drop rate. Slabs though for +15/+10/+5 max upgrade, those are harder to obtain and will require farming in certain areas. You can find what enemies drop them on the wiki.

I hope this helps.
    Nimidar
    Nimidar

Need help with weapons / ascension please... Empty Re: Need help with weapons / ascension please...

Post by Nimidar Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:35 am

I am playing a dex build atm and using quick weapons. I have a lightning Uchigatana+4, A Laito+10(going to +15) and a queelags furyswoord +4 and the Uchigatana and furysword kicks ***. I am about lvl 70 something aswell.

I am regretting that i did'nt make a washing pole lightning instead of the uchigatana tho =) But i can really recomend the katanas if u want quick attacks. Plus they have the bleed effect wich rocks on some bosses =)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:36 am

What you look liek you need is a claymore. Its got a C in both str and dex so your scores will help scale the damage up nicely. Its good a good moveset too which is important if you're going into pvp. +15 with a buff will give you an amazing amount of damage. It is a bit of a heavy weapon though I believe its one of the faster ones.
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:09 am

Thank you for all the responses!

I keep seeing this term "buff" everywhere. What exactly does it mean?

Right now I have most of the materials to have a +5 Quelaag Fury Sword, so I'm going to go for it. I have also heard a lot about the Uchigatana, but I don't want to kill the undead merchant and must wait a little still. I'm going to look into the other suggestions made, but if anyone else has either suggestions or information about weapon ascension I would love to hear it. The Wiki does have plenty of information about this topic, but sometimes it's difficult for me to figure out exactly what it all means, or rather what it amounts to - in other words, which weapons should I be focusing on. There is a lot of data on the wiki, but it's a lot to process and not always easy to understand. Sometimes hearing it explained by veteran players helps make sense of all the data from the wiki.

Peace

Tokidd
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:46 am

The Undead Merchant you want to keep alive for invasions, he's the only source of Talismans. You can join the forest hunters and talk to Shiva by Alvina, then head to Btown and buy Katanas from him, including the uchigatana.

Buffing is adding an effect to your weapon. So, if you have charcoal resin and a +15 Claymore, you can use the Resin on it to add Fire Damage, if you have a spell like Sunlight Blade, you can cast the spell giving it a high damage lightning effect. The highest damage done possible with weapons is via Scaling and buffing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 12:30 am