Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Yesuurd
callipygias
ViralEnsign_
lextune
Blade of The Sun
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ErrJon6661
RANT
Tolvo
billy_bayonet
14 posters

sl1 darkwraith

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

sl1 darkwraith Empty sl1 darkwraith

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:27 pm

do you people think its noobish or such to be a level one dark wraith and invade everywhere?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

sl1 darkwraith Empty Re: sl1 darkwraith

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 pm

The issue is you'll be invading a lot of new players, so it is considered griefing by most.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:31 pm

hmm see ive manage to kill 4 kings at level 1 i invaded in the Burg and there was a guy in giant armour who ya no WOG and BS and when i killed him with the hand axe he messaged me calling me a noob.....a hand axe for christ sake!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:32 pm

That person might have been an anti-griefer, or a Griefer waiting to invade. I'll admit, things get so confusing at those levels. If you are using gear that is appropriate for low levels to be fighting I won't say it's the nicest thing, but it's not griefing.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:34 pm

he had BKGA when i parried that and knocked him down he spammed wrath of god......and im the noob?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:35 pm

i dont think it is griefing if youre using gear no more than +5, but i dont hink its fair that you will be invading people on their first run of the game which will mean there is gonna be a huge skill difference. i noticed on my sl4 hunter that there isnt as much twinks as before, i invaded a couple of times and those were all people on thier first run and they didnt know what they were doing, a guy bowed and then pointed to the enemies as if he wanted to to help him, i think he thought i was a white phantom lol.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:36 pm

No, but as I said he might have been an anti-griefer, so he might have assumed you were a griefer. It's undercover cops trying to fight criminals, but they don't know who the criminals are basically. That's the best way I can describe it while terribly tired. Someone back me up in here and explain this in a way that makes sense.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 pm

i know what anti-griefers are, i dont think i was doing anything that would be classed as griefing, magic hand axe+5 and pyro for back up i dont go round backstabbing unless they majorly leave themselves open......he was BS fishing constantly and when he realised i could out parry him WOGed me.....that aint anti-griefing thats being an arse
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Anti-griefers are people no better than griefers. They do the exact same thing as griefers, they obtain good equipment at low levels except instead of invading at these levels they often host and put down white summon signs.

Two things are happening here.

While they host, they often use the same "cheap" "noobish" or "unfair" tactics that the griefers use, such as having a lightning bandits knife, spamming pyromancy or using spells like WoG. There's really not a problem here as they only ruin the experience of low level invaders (who ruin the experience of low level players for the most part) but they are guilty of exactly what they aim to stop.

Second, they often help other players in these area's. So now you've got a sl 12 noob going against the gargoyles with a dude thats wearing +10 knights armor wielding a lightning claymore. Essentially making a experience of the game, not an experience at all.

Griefing started this, but anti-griefing despite what many will say is for the most part just as bad.

I do invade at low levels at times with characters around sl 20 or 30. I often have two weapons on me (I invade nude so upgraded armor is no issue here). One weapon is at the appropriate level for the area, the other is lightning +5 for when I run into players with upgraded equipment.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:16 pm

yeah seems like it i just hope your forum guys dont think im being a "noob" or using cheap tactics like i said i dont BS unless they majorly balls up and quite often i parry
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:41 pm

if you can get to the kiln you will find many peopleto invade who are stronger than you but frankly suck. plus even if you die they only get like 360 souls, go out and annoy some farmers! seriously, the level difference isn't that big of a deal if you have similar level equipment but are more skilled with dodges,bs's and parries.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:44 pm

yeah see if i can beat the other bosses im imagining there aint many peopel to summon for the high level bosses when your level one!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 pm

you'd be surprised, many people are doing low level runs of the game so you might get lucky! if not solaire will be your friend! also you've already handeled the only boss thatshould be really hard at lvl 1... nito dies to pyro, bed of chaos is just a run dodge die fest, and seath is only tough ifyou're after the tail, and if the centipede demon gives you trouble you could temporarily join the chaos cov for the short cut.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:54 pm

It's frowned upon because of the area you invade. if you invade at the Burg you are likely to be paired with people whom just started their first play through more than someone who is an appropriate opponent. For instance, I try not use any souls until after the gargoyle fight. I actually try not to upgrade anything until after the butterfly. So, in short it's greifing. The burg is also a terrible place to invade and you will be called a noob a lot because there is too many places to fall back on enemies rather than having an honorable battle. I can't tell you how many times someone has waited until I engaged the buffed mob before the bell or the tower knight in the pulpit.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Invading at low levels in the Burg is griefing.

That is just a fact, and it is not even a difficult one to understand.

You want to impress people with your low level darkwraith? Go invade in Anor, or the Ruins, or New Londo, or any other post-Anor area.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:36 pm

But what if you anti Gried with weapons that are available to you at such levels? I hit the burg and the parish running dual +5 Uchi's one from my game and one I traded with another player for a balder chest piece.

Then I run a Divine +3 Great Scythe which I picked up from the catacombs because I'm a gravelord. Am I being unbelievably lame? (Serious question.) I also won't kill enemies using base starting gear or the drake sword. or that i get out my spear.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:39 pm

see i dont get why peopel on here are basicly calling me a griefer......if i was using uber kiler weapons maybe....jeez takes me bout 2 parries to kill a decentlly armed player
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:48 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:yeah seems like it i just hope your forum guys dont think im being a "noob" or using cheap tactics like i said i dont BS unless they majorly balls up and quite often i parry
    If you're invading new players then I think it pretty much sucks. I could give a rat's *** about what words like noob and griefer mean. I understand it's part of the game, and I realize it takes all kinds to make up the world, which means there will always be those who want to pick on the weak.

It's like if a guy wanted to learn how to box, so he goes to a class for it, and professional boxers kick the s*** out of him his first day. But it's like I said, it's all part of Dark Souls. If that's what butters your bean, enjoy.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:50 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:see i dont get why peopel on here are basicly calling me a griefer..

Because you are invading at low levels, (below 25 or so), in the Burg.

That is the definition of griefing, lol.

The begrudging "respect" you had to have for the level 1 DW went away after the BB glitch.

Now, if someone gets invaded at very low levels, 99% of people assume you beat the Kings at a "normal" level, bought 99 cracked eyes and glitched them to a new toon.

....you say you didn't glitch, (although your skepticism about "beating other bosses at level 1 without help" seems pretty suspicious), but even the legit level 1's are still griefing. There is just no other way to look at it.

Embrace it, get over it, or stop doing it....those are really your only choices. All are fine, by the way, you paid for the game after all.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:52 pm

bb glitch?
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:52 pm

If you use unupgraded weaps and no glitches I wouldn't judge you.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:55 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:bb glitch?

....and it's the first time you've ever heard of it huh?

LOL.

Now you are just trying too hard.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:42 pm

ive heard it mentioned but i dont actually no what it is?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Yesuurd wrote:If you use unupgraded weaps and no glitches I wouldn't judge you.

i use magic handaxe+5 cause aside from shields people dont really tend to have decent magic defense. crest shield +3 a pyromancer flame+5 from queelannaaaanananan howeva you pronounce it
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:57 pm

were not supposed to disclose the exacts but the effect is to give someone end game gear at the start of the game, think of a lvl 4 with lightining weapons and blk knight armor one shotting everyone in the burg, kudo's for an honest lvl1 dw, but its hard to tell the difference anymore, btw what armor are you using?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:44 pm