Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
Hatsune Miku
IIdoneus
WaLKA
ResIsBestStat
jaythibodeau
Leet
Encore
Reaperfan
Noob-of-Artorias
Elite Knight
Kiva the wanderer
Seignar
Rainraey
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Argetlam350
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
BLA1NE
KomradDakka
Darkson
sinisterapathy
WarriorOfSunlight
Serious_Much
Garl_Vinland
befowler
Katakato
Forum Pirate
Imarreteet23
vixder/pennywise
Sunbro4evar
DxV04
Uparkaam
jsd201
Zakkia
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ViralEnsign_
RaSoul
nsane32
skarekrow13
berkut
PlasticandRage
bloodpixel
Tolvo
Digitalyzed
The Once-Ler
49 posters

What games are you playing now or soon? Current and upcoming games

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

What games are you playing now or soon?  Current and upcoming games - Page 4 Empty Re: What games are you playing now or soon? Current and upcoming games

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:26 am

Oh god don't say that, you're going to depress me over that machine.

Prostration
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

What games are you playing now or soon?  Current and upcoming games - Page 4 Empty Re: What games are you playing now or soon? Current and upcoming games

Post by Katakato Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:29 am

Serious_Much wrote:

Gaming needs more imagination.

Sadly we are having non of that...

Again, cheers for From Software for making a imaginative game like Demon's/Dark Souls big grin
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:46 am

I just started Braid again and played Portal 2 last week, so I can´t complain about the lack of mindbending games right now.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Katakato wrote:I think that the biggest beef i had with Fallout 3 is that i consider Fallout 1 & 2 one of my favorite games of all times and Bethesda moved away from the wining formula Black Isle made.

To me it's actually the same deal what's happening with Syndicate now, it was a tactical game & now it's a FPS.

Ok, so Fallout 3 in not a FPS but it sure plays like one.

I miss the isometric age sad

I loved Fallout/F2 as well. I'm old enough to have played Wasteland and the Fallouts as they all came out. Each has its glories, but Fallout is probably the finest pure game in the entire list. I actually really like Fallout 3, but you're right it is quite different and a very typical Bethesda type sandbox game. I did like the fact that it pulled off the post-apoc world well, plus I live in the DC area and I have to tell you that being able to go into your own bombed out Metro station in the game is pretty darn awesome.

New Vegas was just ok, I thought the cornball theme was annoying and most of the changes not really anything but a reskin of Fallout 3. Some of the tweaks were actual improvements, such as putting damage threshold back in and going easy on the monster leveling, but it wasn't enough. I also hate Caesar's Legion as a storyline element and find it stupid and totally out of place. Supposedly the next game is focused on the Legion which makes it hard for me to get excited. Wasteland 2 will be my baby instead; I gave a fair amount to the kickstarter project and am going to dedicate an NPC to a deceased friend.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Don't understand judging any game based on how it compares to others. Enjoy it or don't, that simple.

I understand comparing them but I don't dislike ssx blur because I enjoyed 3 more, I dislike blur because its a worthless pile of broken wonkyness pretending to be a game.

If i disliked things because I liked others better, I'd sit at home eating lemons and watching Eureka 7 for the rest of my life.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Currently playing Guild Wars and Final Fantasy 14. I'll probably be getting Dragons Dogma when it's out too.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:44 am

The Witcher 2...had since it came out got the extra content yesterday(fo free!!cheers ) and started playing again...i forgot how good this game was. Anybody else play this game?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:54 am

Damnit...Has the Witcher 2 come to PS3 yet?
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:58 am

Tried Witcher 1 but had a lousy PC atm, never tried it again even after i got a bitter rig because there was talk of a 3rd installment for consoles.

Sadly it never came (at least i think it didn't) so i never played it.
    Herd only the best about the game.

Will i miss much if i play Witcher 2 without playing the 1st one ?

Think it only came out for the PC & Xbox 360.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

No i never played the first one. You may be a bit lost on some parts of it but it all falls in to place.

It is currently only on PC and xbox there are rumors of a PS3 version in the works though.

If your not sure your PC can run check here it will tell if you just meet the min or recomended specs and its quite specific. good site..*edit* i just wanted to add that site is pretty awesome actually it will you if you can pretty much every game out in recent years...you may be suprised what your pc can do. I know i have been.

I can only run the game on low settings to gett a good fps but it still looks really good on low.
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:22 am

No biggy i own a lot of consoles including Xbox360 so i rarely play anything on a PC.

It always seemed to me like a console game, to bad there is no Witcher 1 on the consoles.

P.S. has anyone ever played Oni ? It's also one of my absolute favorite games of all time, to bad Bungie has ALL it's resources focused on Halo sad

Think ill play it today for the 9000 time, it's the king & queen of "modern" beat'em ups.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:07 pm

I don't wanna read through all the pages now. silly

Has "Hawken" already been mentioned? Just saying, I'm really looking forward to this one.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Darkson wrote:I don't wanna read through all the pages now. silly

Has "Hawken" already been mentioned? Just saying, I'm really looking forward to this one.

No it has not been mentioned. Will have to read up on that one
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:22 pm

I just picked up "the orange box" collection last night solely for Portal. I plan to lep portal ahead of everything else and may play it to finish this weekend. It just looks fun and I want to try portal 2 eventually.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Portal is good fun!

That reminds me...they released some free DLC with more co-op awhile back and i never got around to playing it. Time for some portal.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Hawken is being developed by a small indie team and will be a free-to-play mech combat FPS game, online multiplayer only, as far as I know.

Just some quick videos:

HAWKEN March Gameplay (Extended Version)

earlier gameplay (but awesome and clear, watch!)

latest (cinematic) trailer

Current website: http://www.hawkengame.com

But http://playhawken.com/ seems to be their 'new' website - you can also sign up for the beta there.

I'm really looking forward to this game! bounce
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:20 pm

This topic should get going again. It's not like we stopped playing games.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:02 pm

MASS EFFECT 3 and so far it is the perfect conclusion to the franchise. Allies dying, tough descisions that never leave you satisfied that what you did was right, a tough respect system that means you have to go out of your way to get friendly with your men, a streamlined combat, armour, and upgrades system..... I couldnt have asked for more!
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:11 pm

I approve.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Deus Ex Human Revolution. I'm not too big on shooters off of the PC, but the story, stealth elements, and great story of this game always manages to get me to do another playthrough...Though the boss fights, ug. I'm tempted to buy the DLC for this game actually, meaning Dark Souls and HR will be the only games I've felt were worth the DLC haha.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Tolvo wrote:Deus Ex Human Revolution. I'm not too big on shooters off of the PC, but the story, stealth elements, and great story of this game always manages to get me to do another playthrough...Though the boss fights, ug. I'm tempted to buy the DLC for this game actually, meaning Dark Souls and HR will be the only games I've felt were worth the DLC haha.

I have to agree with the stealth thing. That was awesome!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Making a full stealth character and going into a boss fight, damnit why did they have to outsource the boss design!
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Last time on games with Garl, I had been playing Shadow of the Colossus and now I've moved on to Play Asura's Wrath, Soul Calibur 5 and Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.
    Tune in next time to find out what I'll play next!
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Garl_Vinland wrote:This topic should get going again. It's not like we stopped playing games.

Good call. Due to a lack of time this summer I have not played much at all.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Boy have I strayed from the list I originally posted. I played a second Platinum in Demons Souls when I thought they were going to pull the plug. Then I played a base vitality sl30 cap of Dark Souls. I have been so busy the past 6 weeks that I have hardly turned on my ps3 (that is about to change though:) I played the original Portal (which I loved) and got Portal 2 a little ways back which I am going to start soon. I have actually been playing a DS more than anything else because I can take it with me and pause anytime. I am just about to finish SMT: Devil Survivor and have ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I picked up P4 Arena yesterday and am going to play it, Catherine, and Portal 2 concurrently I think for ps3 now that my travels are over for a while. I WILL be getting Devil Survivor 2 at some point too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:29 pm