Introduce Yourself!

    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Houston. TX

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Samurainova on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 pm

    I never did this when i first joined so here it goes.

    ( Me, in real life)
    Hi, my name is Sam Uraia Nova, but i sometimes go by Sam Matte due to some complex family arrangements. I am an adopted child, and the reason i was put in the orphanage is still unclear. I hope that one day i can get enough money to travel to my birthplace and find my parents. I am the only gamer among my friends, because my love for gaming is not the most socially acceptable thing at my school, mostly with the girls. I recently had to break up with my girlfriend of two years because my ethnicity was not considered to be "Built for Success" so to speak by her parents views, so between hanging with friends and meeting new people, i've decided to pick up on my favorite game as a hobby happy

    (Introduction)
    Up to date, Dark Souls is clearly my favorite game I've ever played for many many reasons, and i enjoy the community very much. I am still young and quite new to socializing with people online. I find that talking with people tends to relieve a lot of the tension, mainly because i feel that their is a lot you can tell about a person by their voice.

    (My Posts)
    Keep in mind, i am not afraid to voice my opinion. I do not mind being -rep'd for saying what needs to be said, but i will still try to avoid any unnecessary conflict, and will not fight fire with fire. I am open to all viewpoints whether it be negative or positive, so don't feel threatened to criticize my posts and give healthy suggestions to shape me into a better poster, and know that constructive criticism will not be met by anger. at least not by me.

    (How i Started Playing Dark Souls)
    I started playing Dark Souls as a birthday present from a friend, before he passed away. I truly got hooked into this game when i started pvping, and even though i got brutally mawled in every way imaginable, i couldn't give up for the same reason i couldn't give up for the storyline.

    (Why i am who i am)
    After about one-hundred hours in, i encountered my first a freebie. I couldn't believe it, some random person giving out free titanite slabs and all kinds of other goodies to me. And for what reason? Just because i bowed to him and sent him a good game message. Could you believe it? From that day on i was inspired by that person. I couldn't distinguish what he was wearing, but i knew for a fact that he was wearing Ornstiens armor. That beautiful Ornsteins armor, something about it just tells you that the person wearing it has suffered countless hardship, but deep within the details of each curve, is the soul of a pure hearted knight. That is why it is my favorite armor in the game.

    ( My Master)
    That same person ended up becoming my mentor. He told me all about his hopes and dreams, that one day all souls players could peacefully co-exist, and that he wouldn't have to mule items into the game to teach gankers and hackers a lesson. Even though muling items was a hack, i dont find it at the same level as modding stats or using unlimited health. Keep in mind this was back during the Dragonhead glitch and bottomless Box glitch era, so such things were not nearly as frowned upon. His dreams still live on with me into this day. For some reason, my mentor eventually turned into a scrub, sending meaningless hate mail and becoming a complete douche. One day, i eventually had to fight him in the Kiln where we met, and he lost eight times. I've never seen him since. Despite what he eventually ended up as, the mentor i originally met and befriended still lingers with me whenever i meet new people, and til this day i give honorable players rewards, and send good game message and bows, hoping that even if it be little, i'm making a small differance in leading other players down a better path.

    ( My clan)
    Eventually, about 600 hours in, i felt that i had gained a large mastery of the game. I had met all kinds of different players, found my own niche, and had helped countless players where they could also help many to come. I had learned alot of the dark souls lore through my own studies..and many of EpicNameBro's videos...lol I had alot of players and friends that i cherished, and believed in me whenever i needed help. At the time, their seemed to be an endless amount of gankers and hackers that needed to be dealt with. Eventually, the beloved clan i had been with decided it would go multiplatform. This clan taught me the ropes of dealing with hackers, and had an unparalleled knowledge of them themselves. I cant disclose any furthur information on them. Eventually, they chose me to be the leader of the clan on the xbox 360 platform, so i did just that. I eventually recruited many many friends, and people who wanted to make a change in the dark souls community. The Clan is known as " The Last Hope" We try our best to educate others on the different things hackers can do, and how to defend against them. We also teach them tactics on dealing with gankers. My clan still lives on with me until this day, and even though the differance may be small, i wouldn't feel right without trying to do something to clean up those who choose to scum up the pvp realm of this beloved game. Their is now a new leader of my clan, one i have chosen who is more suited to lead than i am. I am still revered as it's creator, and have large influence over them.

    ( Conclusion)
    Whelp, that's pretty much me. I now live in what i considered " Retirement" on the Dark Souls forums, asking fellow players their opinions on the things i wondered about while i was playing dark souls. I am in multiple clans, and spend a little time dueling them, teaching my ways, and them teaching me theirs. I still feel their is alot to learn from the Dark Souls Community, and while i may not be fighting others as much as i once was, i still love the game as much as i ever did, as well as the people who play it happy

    P.S. I have played a total of 1024 hours, 18 minutes, and 17 seconds. My total souls count is 738,556,131 across all of my characters. ( No, i didnt use the dragonhead glitch...lol)

    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by The Letter X on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:49 pm

    Samurainova wrote:I never did this when i first joined so here it goes.

    ( Me, in real life)
    Hi, my name is Sam Uraia Nova, but i sometimes go by Sam Matte due to some complex family arrangements. I am an adopted child, and the reason i was put in the orphanage is still unclear. I hope that one day i can get enough money to travel to my birthplace and find my parents. I am the only gamer among my friends, because my love for gaming is not the most socially acceptable thing at my school, mostly with the girls. I recently had to break up with my girlfriend of two years because my ethnicity was not considered to be "Built for Success" so to speak by her parents views, so between hanging with friends and meeting new people, i've decided to pick up on my favorite game as a hobby happy

    (Introduction)
    Up to date, Dark Souls is clearly my favorite game I've ever played for many many reasons, and i enjoy the community very much. I am still young and quite new to socializing with people online. I find that talking with people tends to relieve a lot of the tension, mainly because i feel that their is a lot you can tell about a person by their voice.

    (My Posts)
    Keep in mind, i am not afraid to voice my opinion. I do not mind being -rep'd for saying what needs to be said, but i will still try to avoid any unnecessary conflict, and will not fight fire with fire. I am open to all viewpoints whether it be negative or positive, so don't feel threatened to criticize my posts and give healthy suggestions to shape me into a better poster, and know that constructive criticism will not be met by anger. at least not by me.

    (How i Started Playing Dark Souls)
    I started playing Dark Souls as a birthday present from a friend, before he passed away. I truly got hooked into this game when i started pvping, and even though i got brutally mawled in every way imaginable, i couldn't give up for the same reason i couldn't give up for the storyline.

    (Why i am who i am)
    After about one-hundred hours in, i encountered my first a freebie. I couldn't believe it, some random person giving out free titanite slabs and all kinds of other goodies to me. And for what reason? Just because i bowed to him and sent him a good game message. Could you believe it? From that day on i was inspired by that person. I couldn't distinguish what he was wearing, but i knew for a fact that he was wearing Ornstiens armor. That beautiful Ornsteins armor, something about it just tells you that the person wearing it has suffered countless hardship, but deep within the details of each curve, is the soul of a pure hearted knight. That is why it is my favorite armor in the game.

    ( My Master)
    That same person ended up becoming my mentor. He told me all about his hopes and dreams, that one day all souls players could peacefully co-exist, and that he wouldn't have to mule items into the game to teach gankers and hackers a lesson. Even though muling items was a hack, i dont find it at the same level as modding stats or using unlimited health. Keep in mind this was back during the Dragonhead glitch and bottomless Box glitch era, so such things were not nearly as frowned upon. His dreams still live on with me into this day. For some reason, my mentor eventually turned into a scrub, sending meaningless hate mail and becoming a complete douche. One day, i eventually had to fight him in the Kiln where we met, and he lost eight times. I've never seen him since. Despite what he eventually ended up as, the mentor i originally met and befriended still lingers with me whenever i meet new people, and til this day i give honorable players rewards, and send good game message and bows, hoping that even if it be little, i'm making a small differance in leading other players down a better path.

    ( My clan)
    Eventually, about 600 hours in, i felt that i had gained a large mastery of the game. I had met all kinds of different players, found my own niche, and had helped countless players where they could also help many to come. I had learned alot of the dark souls lore through my own studies..and many of EpicNameBro's videos...lol I had alot of players and friends that i cherished, and believed in me whenever i needed help. At the time, their seemed to be an endless amount of gankers and hackers that needed to be dealt with. Eventually, the beloved clan i had been with decided it would go multiplatform. This clan taught me the ropes of dealing with hackers, and had an unparalleled knowledge of them themselves. I cant disclose any furthur information on them. Eventually, they chose me to be the leader of the clan on the xbox 360 platform, so i did just that. I eventually recruited many many friends, and people who wanted to make a change in the dark souls community. The Clan is known as " The Last Hope" We try our best to educate others on the different things hackers can do, and how to defend against them. We also teach them tactics on dealing with gankers. My clan still lives on with me until this day, and even though the differance may be small, i wouldn't feel right without trying to do something to clean up those who choose to scum up the pvp realm of this beloved game. Their is now a new leader of my clan, one i have chosen who is more suited to lead than i am. I am still revered as it's creator, and have large influence over them.

    ( Conclusion)
    Whelp, that's pretty much me. I now live in what i considered " Retirement" on the Dark Souls forums, asking fellow players their opinions on the things i wondered about while i was playing dark souls. I am in multiple clans, and spend a little time dueling them, teaching my ways, and them teaching me theirs. I still feel their is alot to learn from the Dark Souls Community, and while i may not be fighting others as much as i once was, i still love the game as much as i ever did, as well as the people who play it happy

    P.S. I have played a total of 1024 hours, 18 minutes, and 17 seconds. My total souls count is 738,556,131 across all of my characters. ( No, i didnt use the dragonhead glitch...lol)


    I'm glad I got to learn more about you - it was nice getting some insight and background about you.


    _________________
    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 6fFzucz
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Houston. TX

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Samurainova on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 pm

    Did you ever introduce yourself letter? Id like to learn more about you to happy

    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by The Letter X on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 pm

    I did introduce myself, but not nearly as in-depth as you. I don't think anyone has really given such an introduction.

    I may give a re-introduction of myself sooner or later, but there's not much that I have to say in the first place.


    _________________
    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 6fFzucz
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 232
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-11
    Location : Mare Tranquillitatis

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Gambs_the_Grey on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:44 am

    Only that X is complete legend. Has helped me no end and for this I am eternally grateful.

    Until next time Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 3149687655
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 26
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Ashran on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 pm

    Samurainova wrote:I never did this when i first joined so here it goes: le awesome text


    Dude, i almost cried reading your text. Not crying a lot, but a tear almost fell of my eyes.
    Your story is amazing, i wish to know more about yourself. I think you are one of the users that keeps making good topics and im overwhelmed by your sense of honor.

    Prayer You can have my sword, Nova-sama.



    _________________
    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 TT4aX

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    Kyliax
    Kyliax

    Posts : 11
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : Netherlands

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Kyliax on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:00 pm

    So I figured it's time for an introduction after I made this account a month ago, but still haven't used yet.

    You can call me Kylia and in my normal day-to-day life I'm a medical student. I love science, gaming and.. then some more gaming. Last summer I picked up Demon's Souls while looking for a good game to play over the vacation and it was just lovely. When we finally had the money we bought the PTD edition and all was fine until a few weeks ago haha.

    The reason I haven't used the forums as much as I'd like is because I died a horrible death on my sunbro character(sadly, 'sunsis' doesn't have the same ring to it) in Great Hollow , losing 49 humanity and some souls during the progress and ever since I've found it difficult to pick my game back up. I know I will eventually, because I love that toon to bits, but with other games that I have yet to finish and sharing a PS3 between two people, it's not easy./

    Oh well, here's for an overdue introduction. Hello DkS community!
    Cachorrao
    Cachorrao
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 31
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-06
    Location : Brazil

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Cachorrao on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:05 am

    Hey whats up all?
    I'm Bruno, from BRAZIL - ACRE, 19 years old, just quit the college and start to dedicate my all life in Mixed Martials Arts (MMA) maybe someday someone here will hear about me? Maybe, BRUNO ''BIGDOG'' MARINHO. Why BIGDOG? This only my wife know's happy

    i was looking in local websites for some help with Dark Souls, but all i found is nothing. Just videos and something else, to be honesty i have a bad english, but i know what i reading but sometimes i dont know what i writing haha, but i guess y'all will understand (i hope). So i choose to enter here and learn with the ones whos really know about.

    I'm here to learn more about DARK SOULS, make some friends to play online someday.


    _________________
    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmvzo0Vl3uL-lqch5HdBzaHCqaetK3X4ExMZ7hplIZfLrWW9f1Hw
    voodoomonkey616
    voodoomonkey616
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-06
    Location : Irishman in Tennessee

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by voodoomonkey616 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 pm

    Hello DkS community!

    I'm voodoomonkey616 (known in the real world as Francis). By day I'm a research scientist (biochemistry if you're interested). I'm originally from Ireland, but now live and work in Memphis, Tennessee.

    I first got into DkS maybe a couple of months ago, and have not stopped playing it since. The depth there is to the game is amazing. Thus far, the furthest I've reached in the game is Anor Londo, and had my *** handed to me many times in PvP sad

    I've already learnt a lot about the game from the wiki and forums, and look forward to sharing some of my experiences with everyone....and maybe one day even be able to help out others happy
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by densetsushun on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:41 pm

    voodoomonkey616 wrote:By day I'm a research scientist (biochemistry if you're interested).
    This already makes you epic.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 229
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 28
    Location : Walking away with your cookie jar

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by TheAshenPhantom on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:31 pm

    Samurainova wrote:I never did this when i first joined so here it goes.

    ( Me, in real life)
    Hi, my name is Sam Uraia Nova, but i sometimes go by Sam Matte due to some complex family arrangements. I am an adopted child, and the reason i was put in the orphanage is still unclear. I hope that one day i can get enough money to travel to my birthplace and find my parents. I am the only gamer among my friends, because my love for gaming is not the most socially acceptable thing at my school, mostly with the girls. I recently had to break up with my girlfriend of two years because my ethnicity was not considered to be "Built for Success" so to speak by her parents views, so between hanging with friends and meeting new people, i've decided to pick up on my favorite game as a hobby happy

    (Introduction)
    Up to date, Dark Souls is clearly my favorite game I've ever played for many many reasons, and i enjoy the community very much. I am still young and quite new to socializing with people online. I find that talking with people tends to relieve a lot of the tension, mainly because i feel that their is a lot you can tell about a person by their voice.

    (My Posts)
    Keep in mind, i am not afraid to voice my opinion. I do not mind being -rep'd for saying what needs to be said, but i will still try to avoid any unnecessary conflict, and will not fight fire with fire. I am open to all viewpoints whether it be negative or positive, so don't feel threatened to criticize my posts and give healthy suggestions to shape me into a better poster, and know that constructive criticism will not be met by anger. at least not by me.

    (How i Started Playing Dark Souls)
    I started playing Dark Souls as a birthday present from a friend, before he passed away. I truly got hooked into this game when i started pvping, and even though i got brutally mawled in every way imaginable, i couldn't give up for the same reason i couldn't give up for the storyline.

    (Why i am who i am)
    After about one-hundred hours in, i encountered my first a freebie. I couldn't believe it, some random person giving out free titanite slabs and all kinds of other goodies to me. And for what reason? Just because i bowed to him and sent him a good game message. Could you believe it? From that day on i was inspired by that person. I couldn't distinguish what he was wearing, but i knew for a fact that he was wearing Ornstiens armor. That beautiful Ornsteins armor, something about it just tells you that the person wearing it has suffered countless hardship, but deep within the details of each curve, is the soul of a pure hearted knight. That is why it is my favorite armor in the game.

    ( My Master)
    That same person ended up becoming my mentor. He told me all about his hopes and dreams, that one day all souls players could peacefully co-exist, and that he wouldn't have to mule items into the game to teach gankers and hackers a lesson. Even though muling items was a hack, i dont find it at the same level as modding stats or using unlimited health. Keep in mind this was back during the Dragonhead glitch and bottomless Box glitch era, so such things were not nearly as frowned upon. His dreams still live on with me into this day. For some reason, my mentor eventually turned into a scrub, sending meaningless hate mail and becoming a complete douche. One day, i eventually had to fight him in the Kiln where we met, and he lost eight times. I've never seen him since. Despite what he eventually ended up as, the mentor i originally met and befriended still lingers with me whenever i meet new people, and til this day i give honorable players rewards, and send good game message and bows, hoping that even if it be little, i'm making a small differance in leading other players down a better path.

    ( My clan)
    Eventually, about 600 hours in, i felt that i had gained a large mastery of the game. I had met all kinds of different players, found my own niche, and had helped countless players where they could also help many to come. I had learned alot of the dark souls lore through my own studies..and many of EpicNameBro's videos...lol I had alot of players and friends that i cherished, and believed in me whenever i needed help. At the time, their seemed to be an endless amount of gankers and hackers that needed to be dealt with. Eventually, the beloved clan i had been with decided it would go multiplatform. This clan taught me the ropes of dealing with hackers, and had an unparalleled knowledge of them themselves. I cant disclose any furthur information on them. Eventually, they chose me to be the leader of the clan on the xbox 360 platform, so i did just that. I eventually recruited many many friends, and people who wanted to make a change in the dark souls community. The Clan is known as " The Last Hope" We try our best to educate others on the different things hackers can do, and how to defend against them. We also teach them tactics on dealing with gankers. My clan still lives on with me until this day, and even though the differance may be small, i wouldn't feel right without trying to do something to clean up those who choose to scum up the pvp realm of this beloved game. Their is now a new leader of my clan, one i have chosen who is more suited to lead than i am. I am still revered as it's creator, and have large influence over them.

    ( Conclusion)
    Whelp, that's pretty much me. I now live in what i considered " Retirement" on the Dark Souls forums, asking fellow players their opinions on the things i wondered about while i was playing dark souls. I am in multiple clans, and spend a little time dueling them, teaching my ways, and them teaching me theirs. I still feel their is alot to learn from the Dark Souls Community, and while i may not be fighting others as much as i once was, i still love the game as much as i ever did, as well as the people who play it happy

    P.S. I have played a total of 1024 hours, 18 minutes, and 17 seconds. My total souls count is 738,556,131 across all of my characters. ( No, i didnt use the dragonhead glitch...lol)

    It was interesting to learn more about you. The thing about you ex kinda gave me pause for a moment, I myself don't see how ones ethnicity can determine if they'll be successful or not. I was born to a cherokee mother and a Irish father grew up in what was the projects of hometown. saw violence and many hateful things done because of "ethnicity" I over came that, got a job working as scientist at Oak Ridge National labs when I was 17 and am on my way to beginning my life as a sailor for the U.S. Navy. I was glad to see that you have a positive out look and that your willing to speak your mind, that's always a good thing as people are usually afraid that they may offend someone. In anycase, hope you still have fun with the game and continue to have fun in the community. Good Hunting! Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 1361424789


    _________________
    Train is coming with the shiney cars, it's comfy seats and wheels of stars, so hush my little ones have no fear, the man in the moon is the engineer~

    PSN: GunGravePhantom

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Tumblr_m1glia3slw1rn9ge0o1_500
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Houston. TX

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Samurainova on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:08 am

    TheAshenPhantom wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:I never did this when i first joined so here it goes.

    ( Me, in real life)
    Hi, my name is Sam Uraia Nova, but i sometimes go by Sam Matte due to some complex family arrangements. I am an adopted child, and the reason i was put in the orphanage is still unclear. I hope that one day i can get enough money to travel to my birthplace and find my parents. I am the only gamer among my friends, because my love for gaming is not the most socially acceptable thing at my school, mostly with the girls. I recently had to break up with my girlfriend of two years because my ethnicity was not considered to be "Built for Success" so to speak by her parents views, so between hanging with friends and meeting new people, i've decided to pick up on my favorite game as a hobby happy

    (Introduction)
    Up to date, Dark Souls is clearly my favorite game I've ever played for many many reasons, and i enjoy the community very much. I am still young and quite new to socializing with people online. I find that talking with people tends to relieve a lot of the tension, mainly because i feel that their is a lot you can tell about a person by their voice.

    (My Posts)
    Keep in mind, i am not afraid to voice my opinion. I do not mind being -rep'd for saying what needs to be said, but i will still try to avoid any unnecessary conflict, and will not fight fire with fire. I am open to all viewpoints whether it be negative or positive, so don't feel threatened to criticize my posts and give healthy suggestions to shape me into a better poster, and know that constructive criticism will not be met by anger. at least not by me.

    (How i Started Playing Dark Souls)
    I started playing Dark Souls as a birthday present from a friend, before he passed away. I truly got hooked into this game when i started pvping, and even though i got brutally mawled in every way imaginable, i couldn't give up for the same reason i couldn't give up for the storyline.

    (Why i am who i am)
    After about one-hundred hours in, i encountered my first a freebie. I couldn't believe it, some random person giving out free titanite slabs and all kinds of other goodies to me. And for what reason? Just because i bowed to him and sent him a good game message. Could you believe it? From that day on i was inspired by that person. I couldn't distinguish what he was wearing, but i knew for a fact that he was wearing Ornstiens armor. That beautiful Ornsteins armor, something about it just tells you that the person wearing it has suffered countless hardship, but deep within the details of each curve, is the soul of a pure hearted knight. That is why it is my favorite armor in the game.

    ( My Master)
    That same person ended up becoming my mentor. He told me all about his hopes and dreams, that one day all souls players could peacefully co-exist, and that he wouldn't have to mule items into the game to teach gankers and hackers a lesson. Even though muling items was a hack, i dont find it at the same level as modding stats or using unlimited health. Keep in mind this was back during the Dragonhead glitch and bottomless Box glitch era, so such things were not nearly as frowned upon. His dreams still live on with me into this day. For some reason, my mentor eventually turned into a scrub, sending meaningless hate mail and becoming a complete douche. One day, i eventually had to fight him in the Kiln where we met, and he lost eight times. I've never seen him since. Despite what he eventually ended up as, the mentor i originally met and befriended still lingers with me whenever i meet new people, and til this day i give honorable players rewards, and send good game message and bows, hoping that even if it be little, i'm making a small differance in leading other players down a better path.

    ( My clan)
    Eventually, about 600 hours in, i felt that i had gained a large mastery of the game. I had met all kinds of different players, found my own niche, and had helped countless players where they could also help many to come. I had learned alot of the dark souls lore through my own studies..and many of EpicNameBro's videos...lol I had alot of players and friends that i cherished, and believed in me whenever i needed help. At the time, their seemed to be an endless amount of gankers and hackers that needed to be dealt with. Eventually, the beloved clan i had been with decided it would go multiplatform. This clan taught me the ropes of dealing with hackers, and had an unparalleled knowledge of them themselves. I cant disclose any furthur information on them. Eventually, they chose me to be the leader of the clan on the xbox 360 platform, so i did just that. I eventually recruited many many friends, and people who wanted to make a change in the dark souls community. The Clan is known as " The Last Hope" We try our best to educate others on the different things hackers can do, and how to defend against them. We also teach them tactics on dealing with gankers. My clan still lives on with me until this day, and even though the differance may be small, i wouldn't feel right without trying to do something to clean up those who choose to scum up the pvp realm of this beloved game. Their is now a new leader of my clan, one i have chosen who is more suited to lead than i am. I am still revered as it's creator, and have large influence over them.

    ( Conclusion)
    Whelp, that's pretty much me. I now live in what i considered " Retirement" on the Dark Souls forums, asking fellow players their opinions on the things i wondered about while i was playing dark souls. I am in multiple clans, and spend a little time dueling them, teaching my ways, and them teaching me theirs. I still feel their is alot to learn from the Dark Souls Community, and while i may not be fighting others as much as i once was, i still love the game as much as i ever did, as well as the people who play it happy

    P.S. I have played a total of 1024 hours, 18 minutes, and 17 seconds. My total souls count is 738,556,131 across all of my characters. ( No, i didnt use the dragonhead glitch...lol)

    It was interesting to learn more about you. The thing about you ex kinda gave me pause for a moment, I myself don't see how ones ethnicity can determine if they'll be successful or not. I was born to a cherokee mother and a Irish father grew up in what was the projects of hometown. saw violence and many hateful things done because of "ethnicity" I over came that, got a job working as scientist at Oak Ridge National labs when I was 17 and am on my way to beginning my life as a sailor for the U.S. Navy. I was glad to see that you have a positive out look and that your willing to speak your mind, that's always a good thing as people are usually afraid that they may offend someone. In anycase, hope you still have fun with the game and continue to have fun in the community. Good Hunting! Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 1361424789

    Awesoome! I was glad to learn about you happy The thing about the ethnicity was that their family was from a very odd hispanic background. Where women stay homes, took care, of kids etc. They didn't have much of a voice and that alone kind of made me mad. But, we aren't all alike so I kept an open mind. And respected his culture. He however, didn't respect mind. He was always trying to make my ex break up with me and go for a white kid with blue eyes.....because apparently they are built for success" What???" I don't know it was weird, it really raised my awareness of all the bias and prejudice. You hear people throwing the word "Racist" around just because of a stereotype, but ithey don't REALLY knoww the true feeling of descriminatiion. Heck, I don't even know its full threat, but I know it got between me and a loved one, so now I'm much more aware.

    voodoomonkey616
    voodoomonkey616
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-06
    Location : Irishman in Tennessee

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by voodoomonkey616 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 pm

    densetsushun wrote:
    voodoomonkey616 wrote:By day I'm a research scientist (biochemistry if you're interested).
    This already makes you epic.

    big grin

    Why thank you very much! Proper Bow

    It's really not as exciting as you might imagine happy


    _________________
    XBL: VoodooMonkey616
    Kyliax
    Kyliax

    Posts : 11
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : Netherlands

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Kyliax on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:33 pm

    voodoomonkey616 wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    voodoomonkey616 wrote:By day I'm a research scientist (biochemistry if you're interested).
    This already makes you epic.

    big grin

    Why thank you very much! Proper Bow

    It's really not as exciting as you might imagine happy

    Anything for science is awesome! So yeah, you're epic.
    voodoomonkey616
    voodoomonkey616
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-06
    Location : Irishman in Tennessee

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by voodoomonkey616 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:49 pm

    Kyliax wrote:
    voodoomonkey616 wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    voodoomonkey616 wrote:By day I'm a research scientist (biochemistry if you're interested).
    This already makes you epic.

    big grin

    Why thank you very much! Proper Bow

    It's really not as exciting as you might imagine happy

    Anything for science is awesome! So yeah, you're epic.

    Haha, I've never been called epic before cheers Thank you very much! I appreciate the complement happy


    _________________
    XBL: VoodooMonkey616
    avatar
    cheyneboy
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 27
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-09-25

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by cheyneboy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:41 pm

    Hi there, I'm cheyneboy in the forum which actually is my son's nickname. I've been gaming for more years than most of you are old. BTW Bob is my name. Started gaming in the good old Amiga days. I love Dark Souls and am on NG+. Not that good of player but Played Skyrim on master to level 67. I'm 64 years old retired living in So. Calif. Take care all
    avatar
    Ostrava34
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 52
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-02-14
    Age : 32
    Location : Currently wandering Lordran

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Introductions

    Post by Ostrava34 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 am

    Greetings!


    I am Ostrava, Fitz in real life. I have a degree in Entrepreneurship and am currently helping with the family business. I've been a console gamer most of my life but also love anime, manga and all things fantasy fiction. I'm a big fan of From Software games - namely Armored Core, Demons and Dark Souls. I'm looking for friends on PSN to Coop, PVP or exchange game information and items with. Though I've been playing Dark Souls for quite some time, I've only recently tried playing it online.

    My PSN ID is Fitzpatrick34. One can never have too many friends.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 29
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:38 am

    Hello there Fitz, hope you enjoy your stay. happy

    EDIT: EVERYONE enjoy your stays, This is not just about Fitzi. silly

    avatar
    Ostrava34
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 52
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-02-14
    Age : 32
    Location : Currently wandering Lordran

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Ostrava34 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:55 am

    @whatdoesthependantdo?, thanks. Great to be here.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Houston. TX

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Samurainova on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:06 am

    Seems their is new people every day happy

    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by skarekrow13 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:13 am

    Yeeeeeeessssss.....yeeeeessssses.....join usssssssss......







    Spoiler:
    Not creepy not creepy, welcome everyone

    avatar
    Storm_Fleshcloak

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-14

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Storm_Fleshcloak on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:56 pm

    Hello all, I'm Storm_Fleshcloak and I'm an alcoholic, I've been playing the Souls series since a while after Demon's Souls came out, but I never bothered beating Demon's Souls, which I plan on doing after a while. My main character in Dark Souls is a 78 Deprived Sunbro.

    I'm using a Ltng. Gargoyle's Halberd, Greatshield of Artorias and Havel's Armor, I also started a Sorcerer recently and it's at 26 right now. I figured I'd join the forum simply because I love the Souls series and I wanted to talk to more people about it since only a few friends and I ever discuss it. My PSN is Daspip and I'm sure I'll see you all around the forum or in Demon's/Dark Souls. Later!


    Last edited by Storm_Fleshcloak on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixin an error.)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 29
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 am

    Welcome, and best of luck to you in dealing with your alcoholism. Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 1330857165

    avatar
    Storm_Fleshcloak

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-14

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Storm_Fleshcloak on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:39 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Welcome, and best of luck to you in dealing with your alcoholism. Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 1330857165
    I'm not really an alcoholic, it was meant as humor. While I was typing my introduction it made me think of AA because of the way I introduced myself. My mother is an alcoholic though. :\
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Houston. TX

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Samurainova on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:27 am

    As long as it doesn't effect your dark souls skills.


    Sponsored content

    Introduce Yourself! - Page 35 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Community Articles

      Current date/time is Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:27 am