Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
ViralEnsign_
raecor14
Forum Pirate
TakenoKatana
Yog
Carphil
nsane32
DxV04
WyrmHero
Blade of The Sun
Tolvo
bmurn
20 posters

Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon?

SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon?

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 am

Sorry I started to invade as I was typing so I kind of rushed a bit. I apologize. Seriously though I checked with my invadee and I know my sl so I'm just reporting the facts I have found.

Forum that would make sense.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon?

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:27 am

Lextune is I believe the one to call on for these numbers, he's done a lot of SL testing especially in regards to Souls gained, anyone know if he still posts?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:29 am

Yes, Lextune still posts.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:31 am

Then he'd be the person to ask about specific numbers.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:33 am

I haven't seen him since I joined.

And as Dough tells it the unlimited downward invasion has limits too as determined by severity of sin.

Look I'm just reporting my data. I want to remove the thought that all DMs do is invade down when I invade up or same just as often as down.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 am

He was on just a day or two ago, Serious and I were talking to him in Wade's "Have to patch Dark Souls" thread.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:38 am

Do we have a thread on this somewhere by any chance?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 am

I don't think it is wise to create an agenda like that, it can cause even more issues for the image of the DM.

I actually do like invading down as them, it allows me to teach PvP to newer players easily, and deal with any sort of griefers with my levels with ease. Similar to how I would GL at low levels with weak gear so people can get a PvP experience without me just destroying them. It isn't about denying the dark, it's about trying to find the light.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:41 am

I made a Blade of the darkmoon lautrec of carim cosplay, with a few adjustments. is that ironic?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:42 am

DM's invade down. This is known. Why are you trying to erase that fact?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:46 am

I just want it to be well known that we don't just invade down as many seem to believe. I'm not going to force DM crap down people's throats but I do want the facts to be known. That combine with the Deliverance in which we enforce an honor policy and gear restrictions. We also have some level restrictions that Zack needs to add to the op in order to ensure fairness. I want to improve our rep and I think that at least getting some basic facts down would help a bit.

I'm not trying to erase the fact that we invade down, just to make sure that the fact that we invade up as well isn't forgotten. People's basis for complaints against us always seems to be that we "invade down because we can't fight our own levels" or something of the such. I just want all the facts to be known. Is it wrong for me to want this?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:50 am

No, I guess not. I applaud your passion. It's just that on the balance of several months of playing this games, a good number of DM's have left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure you are different, however.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:51 am

There are DM that do that, the thing you need to do is point out that not all DM do. Just denying an aspect of a group will lead to people questioning them even more, us Forest Hunters for example.

A complaint people have about us is that, "Forest Hunters will also gank hosts! They fight really cheap!"

Rather than saying, "No we don't," which is an outright lie we just state the facts.

"Yeah, a lot of Forest Hunters will give in to some of their impulses because they are so used to the terrible experiences they've had while invading, so they always assume hosts are up to something shady."

We then offer ways to get around that, and general advise. It is about educating others on the good and bad parts of your group, not just what you want to be known. That only hurts everyone in the long run.

There are DM that invade down just so they have a level advantage, yes. But you should try to show there are others that don't, rather than just denying it like that.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:51 am

He's not. He's saying that most of his (mine as well for the record) invasions are within 10-15 sls in either direction. We don't spend all of our time invading people incapable of defending themselves, nor would we want to. We'd bb and wraith at sl 20 if that was the goal.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:57 am

Thats not my intent but perhaps I'm communicating it that way. Okay let me try to clearly state my goal: I want to make it clear that we can invade up as well as down. I want to prove that not all DMs are just blue Darkwraiths picking on low level players. I want to restore some respect to our cov through creating a group of honorable DMs. I want to prove we are not all as bad as our rep makes us seem.

I accept that we do invade down. I accept that some DMs join to exloit this. I accept that some DMs play dirty.

I wan't the truth which means the I seek the good and accept the bad.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Ah it always comes down to communications, understood. Just remember if you want to improve a representation, you should be a bit more careful with your wording and realize how it might appear what you are saying sometimes. That's alright though, it's just a part of being human trying to get others to understand exactly your meaning. Something I know which often angers Forum haha.

A little tip, you seem to have a bit against Dark Wraiths, but they are fellow invaders just like you. You might not, but some of your wording suggests you view DW in the negative, so if you are looking to improve the appearance of your group representing your fellow invaders well will also help in your relations.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:08 pm

I have mixed feelings in regards to DWs. I know they have good and bad members as we do; those who play fair and those who don't. I know in essence the only difference between us is our tool of invasion and color of phantom. However I feel like the DMs should have held themselves to a higher standard of honor than them as the DMs are a counter to DWs in a way. This isn't so though so in reality we really aren't that different. Don't think that means I'm going to stop bantering with the Darkstalkers though.silly

Edit: I guess I should mention that I do have a bit of distaste for DWs but I have been trying to get past it. I got griefed a lot when I first started so I guess it kinda stuck with me. The best I can do is accept that many players may have had similar experiences with DMs invading down. Therefore we are back to not being so different.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Just always remember to Network. big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Lol. I dislike that wraiths are generally accepted, with individuals being thought of as pricks if they earn it, where people tend to assume DMs are all pricks, and often fail to recognise those who arn't.

Its frustrating.

Lore wise, we are supposed to be the good guys after all, even if you believe the gods are wrong, we're supposed to harm only those who harm others. Thats a noble goal, even if you believe we're misguided.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Actually lore wise Darkmoon are the destroyers of humanity, while Dark Wraith are the preservers of humanity. SO I guess it depends on your view of humanity.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Huh I think better than I communicate. I have a bad habit of trying to express my thoughts without organizing them which causes all kinds of trouble. Communication isn't my strong suit but I have been trying to improve it.

I guess what Forum said is kind of true too; I really hat how we are all thrown into one group of assumption. The lore has two interpretations depending on whether you buy Kaathe's story or not.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 pm

The only thing I really think people should remember is a DM can only invade you if you have Sin. Typically new players do not have Sin. A simple trip to Oswald, and no more DM. A lot of the hate comes from the fact that most BB, and that passes your sin meaning SL whatever DM's will invade them. So in low level areas, DM's are mostly invading BB'ers.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:28 pm

As I said, you may believe we're misguided, but to activly hunt those who kill others is a good thing. In my mind the dws do bad things for a debatably good reason. The dms, the good things, for a debatably good reason.

(good as in most benificial)

Also, right on tolvo, glad someone else reached that conclusion.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Tolvo wrote:Typically new players do not have Sin. A simple trip to Oswald, and no more DM.

How many true newbies really know about Oswald and what he does, though?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:30 pm

I was meaning more so that they don't have sin for new players, and for veterans Oswald is right there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 am