Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

build suggestions?

djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

build suggestions? Empty build suggestions?

Post by djgq42 Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 pm

i am creating a theme based build for the first time, a samurai (original, i know). high dex/ faith (for slb) and trying to keep my weapons to katanas and maybe the shotel. is it worth it upping my str to use the murakumo? how about for armor as i am more concerned with looks anyway. i know that i want to use the summoner's leggings but haven't found a suitable piece for the torso. i would like to use this toon for pvp eventually so i plan on keeping the sl to a max of 125. any and all suggestions about anything related would be appreciated!

my potential stats:

w/ murakumo: http://tinyurl.com/6twnfe3

without: http://tinyurl.com/6sojmh6
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

build suggestions? Empty Re: build suggestions?

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:47 pm

black cleric coat with murakumo = badass

For a samurai, the Bandit's starting clothes works very good
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Carphil wrote:black cleric coat with murakumo = badass
    i had actually considered that but the look is more sephiroth and less traditional that what i am aiming for.
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:57 pm

What would this build be for?
    I'd suggest higher End for the Murakumo build, Swinging that beast takes up a lot of stamina.

I've got a level 120 Fth/Dex build for the Murakumo, It's a pvp char but his stats are :http://tinyurl.com/74x6sxd
    He doesn't have DMB yet, but with SLB and a +15 Murakumo the damage is just nuts with the R2 attack.

As far as chest armors go, I'm not sure what would look decent with the channelers bottoms. Maybe the Dingy top? and as far as weapons go it's up to you. Murakumo has Dead Angling, High Damage, but a slower attack speed stunlock potential can make up for that. Katanas have some good damage with great dex scaling and the added bleeding damage. Really it's a question of Speed and mobility on attacks. You don't have to settle for either or though, you can always make both. There are after all 10 save slots =]
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Karn wrote:What would this build be for?
    I'd suggest higher End for the Murakumo build, Swinging that beast takes up a lot of stamina.

I've got a level 120 Fth/Dex build for the Murakumo, It's a pvp char but his stats are :http://tinyurl.com/74x6sxd
    He doesn't have DMB yet, but with SLB and a +15 Murakumo the damage is just nuts with the R2 attack.

As far as chest armors go, I'm not sure what would look decent with the channelers bottoms. Maybe the Dingy top? and as far as weapons go it's up to you. Murakumo has Dead Angling, High Damage, but a slower attack speed stunlock potential can make up for that. Katanas have some good damage with great dex scaling and the added bleeding damage. Really it's a question of Speed and mobility on attacks. You don't have to settle for either or though, you can always make both. There are after all 10 save slots =]

one of the things that i like about the murakumo is that it scales with dex. i like to have a quick weapon (katana) and one capable of stunlock to switch to according to the situation.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:34 pm

If it's one of the classic armoured samuri, then why not use ornsteins chest piece and other parts of the armour if you want. It resembles the plate armour used by samuri the most in my opinion.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:If it's one of the classic armoured samuri, then why not use ornsteins chest piece and other parts of the armour if you want. It resembles the plate armour used by samuri the most in my opinion.

that's an excellent suggestion, thank you (+1).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:35 am