Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
WyrmHero
RANT
BLA1NE
callipygias
Buggy Virus
Chaos Spectre
10 posters

Black Knight Weapons are so strong

Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Black Knight Weapons are so strong Empty Black Knight Weapons are so strong

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Its kinda upsetting. Even reading through the wiki, it seems not a single greatsword can match the Black Knight Sword. I really wanted to use a greatsword (not an ultra greatsword) with the build I'm using and be able to use charcoal resin on it, but thats a sacrifice of a lot of damage it seems. I know some have better scaling, but nothing seems to be more powerful in the category than the black knight sword.

Anybody got any hints on something I could use that could use resin and still be better than the black knight sword?
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Black Knight Weapons are so strong Empty Re: Black Knight Weapons are so strong

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Scaling beats base stats pretty quickly, it's surprising.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Definitely, which is the main reason I keep sticking with the Black Knight sword cause its scaling gives it way more damage than any other weapon I've upgraded in the greatsword category
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:49 pm

BK weapons are great, but if you don't like them don't use them. No biggie. Most of the time in PvE you can make due with pretty much any weapon you equip.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Its not that I don't like them, I really enjoy using them, its just that for the build that I'm using, I realy want to be able to use pine resin to give it that extra effect.

Its a cosplay build based on Regnier from Kingdom Under Fire
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 am

Well, there's more to weapons than just AR! Moveset and range are arguably more important than AR.

If you want to use resins, though, that only leaves you 3 options: the bastard sword, claymore, and manserpent greatsword.

I hate to be parroting the noob-tube of Dark Souls, but I'm pretty sure the claymore has more range than the BKS. And a better moveset, too, with better R2s.

But look at those 3 and see which one you like better.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:32 am

According to Mugen Monkey, the Bastard sword maxed out is better than the BKS. Glad my friend showed me that.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:39 am

^Yeah but you can't 100% trust that site when it comes to attack ratings. Also, like I said, range and moveset are more important than a few more points AR. I think the bastard sword is shorter, isn't it? Also, it doesn't have a thrusting R2. Whether you want a slashing only or slash/ thrust weapon is up to you, but it's worth considering much more than a few points more or less AR.

Edit: my bad, I thought you said the claymore, but you said BKS... Still a valid point, though!
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:55 am

Yeah, I see what your saying. I just generally want something strong in the greatsword category that can use the resin. i'll check claymore as well later
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:02 am

imo msgs is the best gs in the game, try it with slb/dmb/gmw and it's so much better than the bkgs, even with no buff it's still really strong(maybe stronger than the bkgs?) it might be a little shorter but it packs a punch, its one one my fave weapons in the game. a riposte can do more than 1k of damage when buffed.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 am

Use the one you like the most. I love my GLGS, even if it's scaling is bad and can't be buffed. But it's so damn stylish.

Edit: Plan a build around the weapon. The build I'm using looks like a low level Chaos Murakumo build (with lots of Vit and almost base stats).
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:39 am

In the long un what does 100 damage matter is your opponent either can't hit you, break your guard, or is already dead because you riposted their ***??

I don't think I'll ever use a Black Knight weapon, the ugly things that they are.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:32 am

Ha, funny^. I think the Black Knight swords are among the coolest looking in the game; that burnt, weathered look they have. I don't use them because I prefer quicker swords, but as far as looks go they're among my favorites.
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:18 am

Black knight weapons are great until you reach higher levels, then other weapons start becoming way more effective, other than the axe, which has a way different playstyle than other greataxes.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:21 am

@OP
    at 50 str my BKS does 511, while my Man Serpent Greatsword at +15 does 526 and is buffable.
    SmittyRomps
    SmittyRomps
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SmittyRomps Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Yeah man serpents slightly better on AR but the its a prefence on moveset. Msgs R2 is an overhead swing while the black knight is a straight forward stab
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:29 pm

SmittyRomps wrote:Yeah man serpents slightly better on AR but the its a prefence on moveset. Msgs R2 is an overhead swing while the black knight is a straight forward stab

msgs 2h r2 can dead angle imo it's better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:50 am