Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
reim0027
Jorund
billy_bayonet
JoeBroski09
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Yarxov
User
GkMrBane
ARSP
SlakeMoth
Dubscythe
Whknight
Forum Pirate
cloudyeki
Carphil
JohnnyHarpoon
KomradDakka
Rynn
TehInfamousAmos
sinisterapathy
TheGoddessSendell
befowler
Darkson
Maneater_Mildred
Zechk
Digitalyzed
bloodpixel
Quarik
meridam99
DoughGuy
Imarreteet23
Serious_Much
berkut
Reaperfan
Tolvo
PlasticandRage
skarekrow13
Wade_Wilson
42 posters

The "let it out" thread.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

The "let it out" thread. - Page 20 Empty Re: The "let it out" thread.

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 23, 2012 4:13 pm

That's intriguing but not my cup of tea. Been looking at a few artists and found a few who could lend a pauldron a 3d feel. Otherwise you're right. It could look silly.

It's to "let it out" so I think that could fit in here
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 23, 2012 4:15 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Well, at least he is prepared when he actually every uses it, eh? Makes it good for getting lost in the train.

lol

LOL

I have 8 tattoos now. I love them. I was actually tattooing for the little while that I was out in SD. All I can say is: make sure you really like what you get, because once you get it it isn't going anywhere. I definitely have one I regret getting. It was a spur of the moment thing and I dislike myself a little bit every time I see it. I'm not saying don't get a tattoo, just make sure you plan it out and love it first.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Wed May 23, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed May 23, 2012 4:16 pm

I've realised how much I love Natalia the last few days even more... I actually would do anything for her, I couldn't bear to lose her. It makes me so happy that she said yes to the question.

Thanks guys for the good time.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Any time, Amos. hope we helped in Some Way... or at least they did. I'm just known for the humour, I guess

lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 23, 2012 4:24 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Acidic_Cook wrote:Well, at least he is prepared when he actually every uses it, eh? Makes it good for getting lost in the train.

lol

LOL

I have 8 tattoos now. I love them. I was actually tattooing for the little while that I was out in SD. All I can say is: make sure you really like what you get, because once you get it it isn't going anywhere. I definitely have one I regret getting. It was a spur of the moment thing and I dislike myself a little bit every time I see it. I'm not saying don't get a tattoo, just make sure you plan it out and love it first.

That's why the plan has been going for over a year now, Plastic. I know full well what to do, I have learned to do things right myself. I am, after all, a man of sparks. lol , My username sticks well with me, and I can say that I can have a change of my given name, as I dislike it; given a name defies freedom of choice. Since it is just a title, and I can choose whatever I like, perhaps I will finally change my name. Of course, Benny Cook will seem good when I become Dr.

lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Dr. Benny Cook does have a nice ring. You probably saw the rationale behind my name in the introduce yourself thread Acidic so I feel pretty awesome after you said that since I'm named after someone who took the liberty to say "f off" to his given name.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 23, 2012 4:29 pm

I always loved simplicity when complexity is not at all needed. My name fits me well, it does. It seems to show sincerity, plotting, and humour.

lol

Of course, you won't see me with a scalpel, I am not that type of person. I prefer the study of the mind more, than to fix people physically... perhaps help them mentally. I always loved puzzles of complexity. Probably the reason why I prefer to not let simple things to become complex, so I can always do my work of study.

EDIT: And yes, I did. I posted some time after you, of course, heh.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed May 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:I always loved simplicity when complexity is not at all needed. My name fits me well, it does. It seems to show sincerity, plotting, and humour.

lol

Of course, you won't see me with a scalpel, I am not that type of person. I prefer the study of the mind more, than to fix people physically... perhaps help them mentally. I always loved puzzles of complexity. Probably the reason why I prefer to not let simple things to become complex, so I can always do my work of study.

EDIT: And yes, I did. I posted some time after you, of course, heh.

I've always found pleasure in similar practices myself. I'm studying general Biology, pathogenic and carcinogenic agents and the human genome, and advanced forensics, but I'm also doing psychology and have worked many years of my life towards developing my skills in social engineering. The human mind is a fascinating thing I find, and I think I would quite enjoy a job in psychiatry, though I'd be happy in surgery too.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Social Engineering... something I may not add to define psychology as a whole, as it is usually the mind of one individual, while more than one is usually more so known for sociology. But, I digress.

I started it since I was in my early childhood of 7, where I was ever so fascinated with people and their thoughts, as well as mind. I thought of telepathy, the dreams, and all forms as such. it always fascinated me, and I keep it ever so close to my heart. it helps me with my more advance, aged study of philosophy, since I had at the beginning of my birth... not the form that I live in, but me.

I have yet to solve all, and I refuse to say that anyone that I looked for, both family, peers, teachers... anyone in the thought of philosophy, the study of wisdom, was ever right about everything, and few were of anything. I was given the curse of being born with no memory, other than my instinct. When I came to this world, I was given utter confusion in both emotion and logic. Again, I digress. That is a story for another day, perhaps.

I hate Aristotle,a s he says that seeing is believing, and his forms of morals and ethics is disagree with wholly. I also hate Plato, as he says that information comes instinctively in thought, and his ethics and morals prefer the ideals of a computer... an ever simplistic and corruptible creature, that has no will to survive if it can not solve.

So, I have studied for a long, long time... even if I am young, I seem to have solved much. Yet, I still seek more... this world is ever so bitter and cruel, and yet ever so sweet and sour, with knowledge.

Of course, in my heart, I always keep this in mind, when I can not both have knowledge and understanding of something:

'It is better to understand and not know, than to know and not understand.'

I hope that helps you as much as it helped me in my search, my goal.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 23, 2012 4:52 pm

The only "philosopher" I ever found that I agree generally is Marcus Aurelius. It's most likely because he didn't set out to be a philosopher, just a guy who wrote what he thought.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed May 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Philosophy has been a big factor in my life for years now, and though it is an issue and topic with many, many questions and problems, I believe there is still so mcuh we do not know about the universe. While my knowledge on philosophers themselves is not so big (That knowledge is generally found through classes on the matter, and I do not wish to offend anyone, but I see little point myself to taking philosophy as one of my subjects), I do like to ponder over some of the larger questions, such as the cliche "Is there a god or divine creator?", "If so, is it a Deist or Theist based being?" and of course the, to some, depressing topic of "Do we really exist, and if not, then where does 'I think therefore I am' leave us? But I also enjoy the theories of why we are here, if re-incarnation is a reality, and the closely related eggshell theory. Many things are to be learnt about us as a species from philosophy, we just need to look in the right places.

Science will take us to the stars, philosophy will tell us why we went.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm

So I'm a little frustrated here. I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with something like this, and can maybe give me a little coaching on what I can/should do here. I'm moving on Friday, to a new apartment in the same town, and so in the last few days I've been preparing for the move and tying up some loose ends. So I called my cable company yesterday to have my internet service transferred to my new address on Friday and they told me that they can't transfer my service because the last tenant in that apartment, who I know for a fact moved out 2 weeks ago, hasn't discontinued or transferred his internet service, which happens to be through the same provider, yet. So they told me to contact my landlord, who happens to be the same landlord of the apartment I'm in now, who I've been renting from for years, and explain to them that they need to get in touch with this guy and tell him he needs to do something about his service, then call me and tell me, so I can call my internet service provider back and have my service transferred. So I called my landlord and they called him and left him a message days ago, and he hasn't called them back or done anything. So my service provider is telling me there's nothing they can do until his bill is far enough past due that they would be justified in shutting it off, which would take 6 weeks, that is unless he calls and cancels it. Does this strike anyone else as being a little backwards? That they wont just transfer my service over anyway? I kind of don't know what to do here. I need my internet. I don't have cable. I watch Netflix. I don't know what the right move is here.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 23, 2012 5:22 pm

lol

Very good. Although your age is older than mine, I must concur. I do indeed think that philosophy should be a case that is meant for YOU to study alone, in which I have done since the beginning. Even thou i ask for help, their ideals are ever so... small. Their description of man is relative, always never describing humanity as it is: The Whole. Man is evil, yet many do not see it that way. Man is of harmony and Peace, yet many do not follow this as well. I prefer to be a realist, and not to fantasize about things... so only two words come to mind when describing humanity, both human nature and the whole (in which man describes... all of them): Choice and Variety.

I shall be going to university for me studies in Psychology, as I will be doing my Philosophy as I always prefer to do it... alone.

I think the only thing I disagree with you, is science being the foot to the stars. It is secondary to what is leading the science, after all. Without man, science would not exist, neither would anything that we have...

Although I do agree that man should reach to the stars. it is time for man to have a better chance of it being immortal from extinction, and splintering, migration, and other forms would be the best way to give humanity immortality of its own.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed May 23, 2012 5:32 pm

And amen to that (In the case that there is in fact a higher power who can hear and acknowledge our praise winking). When people ask me for my reasoning behind ideals and other such things, I commonly get lost in my own speech of the "human condition". I believe with all my heart that we could be and do so much more than we, as a population and a species, do. Violence, prejudice, hatred and so on are all things that belong in the past, before we united as a people and became the dominant species on this planet. How could we ever become so intelligent yet still resort to physical violence over petty disagreements? I have quite a few goals in life, and one of them, if I ever have time (A lot of which would be required), is to become Prime Minister of Great Britain, and to lead the country into a new age in which power is nearly limitless, and work is available for all. I could also do without the damn EU telling us what we can and can't do, especially when it involves our own borders and immigration laws *grumble*.

On another note, just out of interest, if you done the Myers Briggs test, what did you get?

^That applies to everyone reading^
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed May 23, 2012 5:36 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:So I'm a little frustrated here. I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with something like this, and can maybe give me a little coaching on what I can/should do here. I'm moving on Friday, to a new apartment in the same town, and so in the last few days I've been preparing for the move and tying up some loose ends. So I called my cable company yesterday to have my internet service transferred to my new address on Friday and they told me that they can't transfer my service because the last tenant in that apartment, who I know for a fact moved out 2 weeks ago, hasn't discontinued or transferred his internet service, which happens to be through the same provider, yet. So they told me to contact my landlord, who happens to be the same landlord of the apartment I'm in now, who I've been renting from for years, and explain to them that they need to get in touch with this guy and tell him he needs to do something about his service, then call me and tell me, so I can call my internet service provider back and have my service transferred. So I called my landlord and they called him and left him a message days ago, and he hasn't called them back or done anything. So my service provider is telling me there's nothing they can do until his bill is far enough past due that they would be justified in shutting it off, which would take 6 weeks, that is unless he calls and cancels it. Does this strike anyone else as being a little backwards? That they wont just transfer my service over anyway? I kind of don't know what to do here. I need my internet. I don't have cable. I watch Netflix. I don't know what the right move is here.

Assuming we live in the same country you should try this. Sprint sells a mobile wifi hotspot so that may be able to keep you connected at least temporarily and I think that you can actually connect your laptop to a satellite so you will have internet no matter where you are I will shop around a bit and I will PM you on where you can get the equipment/ instructions/ whatever you never know when you will need satellite internet! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 23, 2012 5:39 pm

I actually have a Sprint smartphone that I can use as a wifi hotspot, but the connection is only ever strong enough for me to do really basic things online. Any streaming or online gaming would be totally out of the question. I just find it to be a bit ridiculous that I'm expected to continue paying for my internet service while they refuse to supply me with it, and if I cancel it and then reconnect it when they cancel his, I'll have to pay close to $100 reinstall fee. They *** you at the drive-through man. They *** you.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 23, 2012 5:49 pm

I have seen the test, and I refused to pick either or for each question; I prefer to be open in both reality and mentality, thinking and feeling, senses and intuition, judging and perceiving. Depending on what i am studying for my search, I always side with both or either or in each one of these things. It is a test i can not oblige to.

As for unification... lol, I prefer for man to do as they choose to do, and for variety to exist. unification of many forms can have its ways of becoming the ideal creatures known as the swarm. Their form is spectacular, as I think of these mythical creatures of what can be achieved biologically, as well as growth and expansion... the essence of these creatures functioning as one gives me worry for what man will become.

It is best for man to take the right steps first, and those are ones that are not too chaotic in which almost all, if not all, can not predict (which is the definition of chaos, the unpredictable). It is always best for those to plan ahead for the right path for man, and not do the extreme... take note of everyone involved with the change.

To plan ahead is good, and at these times it works well. Of course,w hen it comes to the ideals roads of me, my plans are very broad... and usually what I do is not part of any plan, just what I do for the life I exist in.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed May 23, 2012 5:53 pm

I love you guys. I doesn't matter that you'se are just strangers over the internet. You're the few people I can openly talk to and the few people I actually care about.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 23, 2012 5:55 pm

I feel so loved.

lol
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed May 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:I love you guys. I doesn't matter that you'se are just strangers over the internet. You're the few people I can openly talk to and the few people I actually care about.

You know, many people have said that to me, whether they were offloading problems onto me in the hopes I could help them out of an emotional hole, or just asking for my general advice on a matter, but somehow that means a lot more from you. See, there are very few people in my life who I can have an intelligent conversation with (Maybe 2 or 3 people in real life), and it's hard to find friends who have an open mind and a capacity to learn, and so knowing someone else who may or may not have faced problems I had to face in the past, makes me value someone so much more.

Thank you Wade, and though I may be presumptious to speak for all of us, we love you too.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed May 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:I love you guys. I doesn't matter that you'se are just strangers over the internet. You're the few people I can openly talk to and the few people I actually care about.

You know, many people have said that to me, whether they were offloading problems onto me in the hopes I could help them out of an emotional hole, or just asking for my general advice on a matter, but somehow that means a lot more from you. See, there are very few people in my life who I can have an intelligent conversation with (Maybe 2 or 3 people in real life), and it's hard to find friends who have an open mind and a capacity to learn, and so knowing someone else who may or may not have faced problems I had to face in the past, makes me value someone so much more.

Thank you Wade, and though I may be presumptious to speak for all of us, we love you too.

What is this madness? Why are my cheeks wet...?

I'm glad that you think highly of me.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed May 23, 2012 6:19 pm

I could never think any less of someone as pleasant to speak to as you are. But enough of the flattery for now, before I start getting corny. I'm pretty sure half of my lines only work on girls anyway, so this could get awkward.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed May 23, 2012 6:23 pm

^^ Try me sir. I'm sure I wouldn't be awkward. Nah but love all you guys from this thread....
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Aw, i only love two. One of em is me.

lol

But I like you nonetheless. Why would I have sticked around so much, eh?

lol
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed May 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Sometimes we have nowehere else to go but the internet, and that is when a community really must come together, for you cannot talk to people through facial expression, through gesture, or through understanding emotions clear to anyone talking face to face. Overcoming these boundaries, and still tolerating and caring for others, is a show of true goodwill in a community.

Anyway, I'm out for the night guys. See you all tomorrow (Though I find I'm having to spend less time on here, so I'll have to try harder to keep up with all these posts).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:16 am