Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Flubious
justwant2play
ted1023
Deadmeat95
Liff Daddy
Carphil
Scudman_Slayer
RaSoul
strangejoy
LOLRagezzz
Yesuurd
Doelker
lextune
x_-WarMachine-_-
aceluby
jjshowal
20 posters

Have you no chivalry?

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Have you no chivalry? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you no chivalry?

Post by ted1023 Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:22 pm

justwant2play wrote:I never bow when I invade someone's playthrough. Nor do I bow at an invader when I am doing a playthrough myself. If he/she bows when I'm trying to get my business done he/she should expect to be backstabbed in the middle of that gesturing.

This is why I do it from a distance.. lol..I never know if the invader is looking for a duel or a straight up anything goes fight. I have had plenty of invader just come at me while bowing.. I never got upset over it.. hell its a game and they're trying to win. When they do bow, the fight seems more of an acheivement if you win.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Always bow at a distance otherwise ur just setting urself up to get taken advantage of.
    Flubious
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Flubious Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:18 pm

I bow for any 1v1 fight. When I see 2 or more, I just start fighting.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:29 pm

I always bow, then they bow, then I bow again....with poison arrows.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 pm

chiv·al·ry

 /ˈʃɪvHave you no chivalry? - Page 2 ThinspəlHave you no chivalry? - Page 2 Thinspri/ Have you no chivalry? - Page 2 Dictionary_questionbutton_default Show Spelled[shiv-uhHave you no chivalry? - Page 2 Thinspl-ree] Have you no chivalry? - Page 2 Dictionary_questionbutton_default Show IPA
    noun, plural -ries for 6.

1. the sum of the ideal qualifications of a knight, including courtesy, generosity, valor, and dexterity in arms.
    2. the rules and customs of medieval knighthood.
    3. the medieval system or institution of knighthood.
    4. a group of knights.
    5. gallant warriors or gentlemen: fair ladies and noble chivalry.
    6. Archaic . a chivalrous act; gallant deed.
      chivalry. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved January 25, 2012, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chivalry
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:37 pm

strangejoy wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:Also, "whell what is it" or celebrating after you have killed someone 3v1 to your favor doesn't piss me off
    it makes me laugh at how pathetic you are, especially in full havles while I am not even wearing armor, how many idiots do that is amazing...

Indeed. It's surprising how common this sort of behavior is. I also often get the down point when I've just fallen to a duo or trio of campers. For 1v1, people occassionally also give idiotic gestures. Last night I was fighting in the forest against someone clearly overleveled for about 10 minutes. I kept backstabbing him, and scoring random hits, and he kept flasking. He had full havels (except the head), mask of the mother, and it seemed like his hp was approaching 2,500 given how little the bar was dropping after succesful attacks. After about 8-10 flasks, I just stepped back and did the facepalm, then let him kill me. I got around five "well what is it" gestures after the fight. Pathetic.

To you guys its pathetic, to him its not. Who's right or wrong?
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:58 pm

I was in the PWoA tower looking for duels and had two good honest fights with a dude I summoned in. He just beat me the first two times but third time I had the upper hand...... Til he decided to pivot backstab me. So I just decided not to fight back and just let him kill me to make a point. But he wouldn't . I just stood there motionless for about 20 mins with him running around, gesturing trying to get my attention. The he just stood next to me. I dropped a dung pie to hopefully get the message across and he dropped something for me but I wouldnt pick it up. Then this 2nd guy invaded but wouldnt attack me either. So 1st guy decides to kick me under the raised pillar so he could jump on my head. Everytime he did this I just ran back to the middle and did nothing. Then I decided to go streaking so took off all my gear and just ran around naked punching them. The 2nd guy took his gear off too and we all had a big fist fight. Then I got bored and streaked all the way to the bridge and suicided off, with one of the other guys following me off. Pacifism is funny! big grin
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:14 pm

BARZOHD- wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:Also, "whell what is it" or celebrating after you have killed someone 3v1 to your favor doesn't piss me off
    it makes me laugh at how pathetic you are, especially in full havles while I am not even wearing armor, how many idiots do that is amazing...

Indeed. It's surprising how common this sort of behavior is. I also often get the down point when I've just fallen to a duo or trio of campers. For 1v1, people occassionally also give idiotic gestures. Last night I was fighting in the forest against someone clearly overleveled for about 10 minutes. I kept backstabbing him, and scoring random hits, and he kept flasking. He had full havels (except the head), mask of the mother, and it seemed like his hp was approaching 2,500 given how little the bar was dropping after succesful attacks. After about 8-10 flasks, I just stepped back and did the facepalm, then let him kill me. I got around five "well what is it" gestures after the fight. Pathetic.

To you guys its pathetic, to him its not. Who's right or wrong?

Um, was that you? tongue In all seriousness, people come to the forest to fight. If you want to wander around with an extremely high sl/high hp/high poise character that flasks every time he's injured (and tanks your hits while you're flasking), you're free to do so. But there is no skill involved in such a play style. If I made an SL500 for my 15 month old, I'm sure she could periodically press the O button (flask) while getting wailed on. If the "well what's up" gesture means "I'm at least as good as a 15 month old," then gesturing after getting thoroughly thrashed is not pathetic. However, I think most people can agree that the gesture conveys a player's beleif that they're awesome, or at least much more skilled then their opponent. In that case, bragging about your ability to mash a few buttons is pathetic. There is no way around that.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:19 pm

question strangejoy

do you find joy to be strange?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Bowing is an unwritten rule, after all... For a while, it seemed most people went along and did it. Now it seems most people are trying to reverse the unwritten rule and just not bow anymore.

When I invade, I rarely ever bow anymore. I will if the host does first, and from a far enough distance that he wasn't just baiting me. Otherwise I'll just walk toward them slowly--that's all I do now anyways! Walk slowly until I get a riposte, or die trying...

For duels, though, I'm split. Unwritten rule or not, you're supposed to bow for a duel. If I get rushed while bowing at the kiln, you can bet I'll be pissed. If I get rushed during an invasion, it was my fault, but if I get rushed during a duel, then that's a pathetic opponent who should gtfo of the kiln.

Last edited by BLA1NE on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:24 pm

BARZOHD- wrote:question strangejoy

It's a play on "Strangelove," ala Dr. Strangelove. Joy as a general matter isn't strange, but the joy I bring is extremely strange.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:26 pm

strangejoy wrote:
    BARZOHD- wrote:question strangejoy

It's a play on "Strangelove," ala Dr. Strangelove. Joy as a general matter isn't strange, but the joy I bring is extremely strange.

Im starting to see that lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 am