Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 7 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Yog Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:05 am

Tolvo : That story just made my day! Way to go sir! I wish I could have seen the looks on their faces when you BSed them all. I bet there was at least one shattered controller.

Quarik : 40 dex, SLB, +15 Bandit's knife. They'll know exactly what you're up to if they see it though.

Also Dark Moon Blade Has some stats and comparison on weapon buffs. Got it from Tolvo's resource thread.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:12 am

I figured it would be the most powerful because of the exclusivity, but that would really limit my invasion chances in the forest. I was a DMB for a while though, and dealing 800+ damage with random hits from my scythe was... interesting.

Is at 50 fth and 50 int using Darkmoon Talisman and Logan's Catalyst, is SLB or CMW stronger?

Do you think it could work to drop an RSS at the stairs in the forest, then pull out my hardest hitting weapon, buff it, and insta-kill bs the host after he has his attention on another hunter? Maybe throw in a little WoG spam or Fire Tempest for the kicks? I could even buy the Giant's set and dress the part...
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:24 am

If the numbers I've read on this wiki are correct then with those specifications SLB will add 406.8 dmg, and CMW will add 330.4 dmg.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:24 am

I think the RSS would work well. The only flaw is that the next time they may be expecting you. I'm not sure many campers would want to invite you back but you never know. I did some quick tests between CMW and Lemon blade and typically speaking you're better with lemon power.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:29 am

It might not work twice, but at least it'll discourage them from summoning Dark Spirits.

I shall return with stories. Maybe not as good as Tolvo's, but still good.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:45 am

Hey skare, quick question. Does your cat get jealous of Alvina? Every time I'm invading my cat tries to ruin it by clawing my leg.

Oh revenge is best served extra toasted. I kept invading this tool who couldn't take a 1 on 1 for the life of him. Every time I killed his phantom he'd run away, summon and heal. So after having to deal with him for the 6th time invading I just ignored his sunbro and kamikazed him with tempest. Took him with me in a blaze of glory.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:59 am

I hope it's not a Bon Jovi Blaze of Glory.......

My cat actually lives with my sister now but he would likely try to interrupt somehow. He was a pretty disruptive force for a cat. Since I took the night off of invading I'll share a cat story that is kinda like a forest invasion assuming you use your imagination.....

I got that cat when I was with my first wife. She already had a little gray kitty named Marzipan. We got that beast, named Shiro, because he was showing off in his cage at the vet's. Anyway.....the cats were definitely split between us with him being fiercely loyal to me (forest hunter). Our bedroom (the forest) had two doors (like the forest), one of which was glass panes (not like the forest). Anyway, my cat always slept at my feet and hers was in the room somewhere usually. Marzipan, when she wanted out, would stand on her hind legs and hammer the glass with her fronts which sounded like a damn drum. One night I was super tired and didn't feel like taking two steps to the door in the middle of the night. I snapped my fingers and pointed at her to say "cut it OUT!" Alvina can confirm this.....apparently that's translated by some cats to mean "KILL"

Shiro jumped off the bed (invaded as a dark spirit). This is important to note.....he probably weighed three times more than Marzipan (had better poise and stability). He grabbed her by the back of the neck with his much larger mouth and literally threw her across the room (WoC, Wrath of Cats). Then......as if that wasn't enough he waited there for about five minutes until she went sulking into a corner. Then came back to bed and fell right asleep.

And all this proves I'm getting tired. Good night all and hopefully you got a chuckle out of "Skarekrow's Feline Tales of Intrigue."
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:04 am

Pretty great Skare.

So it turns out that either I have terrible luck or gankers are wising up, cuz I didn't get anyone that was convinced I was a fellow ganker. I even dressed up in giant's. I was using my glass cannon setup for that, as I needed to OHKO anything. So, SLB+PW+HR+Crown of Dusk+Mura.

After no luck with that for ~30 minutes, I went back to invading via the Hunters. Didn't change my loadout in the least. Deal 2400 to full giants on a bs, and stacked 1689 damage with 2 hits on a guy in silver knight gear. That's 3300 with all of my stamina, and it doesn't dip into negatives so I can do another swing in a moment. And I don't even have RoFaP yet. It's worth nothing that the guy I two-shotted could have had anywhere from 850-1690 hp, and I only have 1544. I'm lucky that gankers don't buff.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:29 am

Tolvo wrote:Stopping by when I can with my cold, as it really hurts me in the forest so I've been staying out of it mostly when I've been sick. But I thought I should share a funny story. So, I invaded and was met with three phantoms, whom which i kept away from. They got close to me, and bowed to me. So I was a bit confused, but didn't attack them. Then I got a message. Broke you are going to get a kick out of this.

"Hey, want to help us? If reds invade you'll get souls, but if you take up a slot we can kill the jackasses, and you won't have to die. So, care to take up a slot, and live? If it's a dark wraith though you can help us kill them. We don't want to sitting back leaving the retards alone."

So I send him a message agreeing...

So I equip my trusty Chaos +5 Halerd, Switch to PW, my +0 pyro glove, hornets ring. And a red invades. I cast PW, run and BS...The gold phantom. Then the White Phantom, then the host. All died in one hit, and the red bowed to me. So I got a message about how I was a douche and a traitor.

My reply?

"Oh my apologies. You see, I was told to help you kill the jackasses, so I did. I don't see what the issue was?"

OMG - now that was legendary cheers . I cannot believe these campers are resorting to such tactics. Oh how I wish I was a trent on the wall to see you destroy them twisted !!! And to follow-up with hate mail after they got their butts beat to the ground??!!! Come one - all of them need to grow a spine. Once again Tolvo - you show them whos, who and what's, what. Oh - how I wish you had recorded that - that vid would have went straight to the DkS hall of fame.

Great job!!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:10 am

Well allies here are few more vids to keep the party going. I have started to add music to the vids to liven things up a bit. Don't know the music tastes of people on the forum but I try to use upbeat music for the vib ( I listen to all types of music - I'm even going to do a vid with country music). Well lets get right to it then.

Roll the tape....

https://youtu.be/OBtDx1N3_Ko

The red phantom in this vid really surprised me :shock: - I bet they had been using this tactic (attack while phantom is engaged with the host) on every phantom who invaded. It almost worked on me - if the red had been using CSS I would have been toast!!!

https://youtu.be/_Sbtrpb8jZY

In this last video the hunter who invaded saved my butt and is a very good fighter (he stuck to the 2v2 rule that we all should know). We helped each other out all night - it was great.

https://youtu.be/DjXZwVQ4tds

Still working on my spacing and stamina regen by dropping my guard (trying to mitigate stamina exhaustion by using grass shield). Working on it people, working on it.

Enjoy.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 am

Broke, you're getting a lot better with stamina management. Go back and look at some of your first videos and prepare to swell with pride. Great job avoiding the red ambush. That's one of the most cowardly tactics of all time. On the last video my only suggestion is to be more malevolent. Anytime I either get bailed out of a gank or help another hunter out of one I typically chase the host for a while with poison knives. Especially if's he nowhere near the stairs to get more help.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:39 am

Epic tale Tolvo, we need to get these things on video somehow. And I would also love to run into fellow forum hunters in there. I've actually randomly run into forum members in other areas (WyrmHero randomly summoned my sl20 sunbro for a gargoyle run once, and Forum_Pirate invaded PlasticandRage and I when we were trading in the burg and killed us both lol), but never in the forest - not even during the forest of the damned event. Being able to team up would be amazing.

And I don't know the numbers, but the one backstab weapon I fear over all others is the gargoyle halberd. I've been OHKO'd with that thing way too many times, even on chars who survived even bandit knife BS.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:45 am

Eki and I invaded the same host once but the host died before we got to him. If I recall correctly a red got him.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:35 pm

It was a red. Really sucked because I wanted to see how bad we'd mess up the host. Though I guess it wouldn't have been sporting.

broke, flawless victories every one of them xD That is a dangerous style man. Love the dead angles and the casting as they run like the scared lil gits they are.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:15 pm

befowler wrote:Epic tale Tolvo, we need to get these things on video somehow. And I would also love to run into fellow forum hunters in there. I've actually randomly run into forum members in other areas (WyrmHero randomly summoned my sl20 sunbro for a gargoyle run once, and Forum_Pirate invaded PlasticandRage and I when we were trading in the burg and killed us both lol), but never in the forest - not even during the forest of the damned event. Being able to team up would be amazing.

And I don't know the numbers, but the one backstab weapon I fear over all others is the gargoyle halberd. I've been OHKO'd with that thing way too many times, even on chars who survived even bandit knife BS.

Befowler - I am with you in regards to the GH - I have been OHK'd like twice with that thing. I am not as fearful of them as long as I can keep my opponent in front of me - but once they get behind you its probably over.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:22 pm

cloudyeki wrote:It was a red. Really sucked because I wanted to see how bad we'd mess up the host. Though I guess it wouldn't have been sporting.

broke, flawless victories every one of them xD That is a dangerous style man. Love the dead angles and the casting as they run like the scared lil gits they are.

Cloud - thanks bro. Just trying to listen to the great tips, advice, etc from all of you on how to best take these campers down in the most violient manner possible. Nothing equal to you though - you are probably the best I have ever seen in regards to pyromancy use (can still see the baby nukes going off in minds eye from your last vid I saw).
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Brokewilly, re your recent videos I saw that your char is sl 260+. Do you still get a lot of different action at that level, or the same groups of max level farmers over and over? My FH main is sl 125 INT build (on PSN) and has a zillion souls. Wondering if I should just keep leveling him, particularly since I'm working up a sl120 faith build anyway, but I like the randomness of hosts I still get at around 120.

Also loved the murakumo stunlocking as always. You have gotten really good at evasion too.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Theres no level restriction to hunters befowler, so level up all you want.

I'm a lil sad, because I came across a pair using the G. Halberd just for backstabs. REALLY?! It's a great weapon and you waste it on just backstabs?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 pm

befowler wrote:Brokewilly, re your recent videos I saw that your char is sl 260+. Do you still get a lot of different action at that level, or the same groups of max level farmers over and over? My FH main is sl 125 INT build (on PSN) and has a zillion souls. Wondering if I should just keep leveling him, particularly since I'm working up a sl120 faith build anyway, but I like the randomness of hosts I still get at around 120.

Also loved the murakumo stunlocking as always. You have gotten really good at evasion too.

@ Befowler - thanks bro. I have really trained hard in regards to evading when dealing with the gank. Still have some things to work on so the learning continues.

Like Cloud says - no level restrictions. I get all type of action from low, mid to high level farmers (you kinda can tell from the souls you receive). Since I only use that toon for hunting - I level when I can - so I am taking my FH all the way to the top. He was my first toon so I have a special place for him in my heart.

So if you have a FH specific toon (i.e. you use it for nothing elese) then keep leveling - hopefully it will assist you on being able deal with the gank a little bit better.

Last edited by Brokewilly on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:36 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Theres no level restriction to hunters befowler, so level up all you want.

I'm a lil sad, because I came across a pair using the G. Halberd just for backstabs. REALLY?! It's a great weapon and you waste it on just backstabs?

Tell 'em cloud - the farmers probably don't have your level of skill with the GH so they only use it BSing. I also think it is a waste of weapon.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:41 pm

I am so gutted - I just had a match in the forest. 1v3 I had 5 parries in total during this fight - okay one gold phantom using a MSGS with SB on, then there was a white with the infamous Great Club and finally our beautiful host with his weapon... none other than the Black Knight Get Parried Axe.

Okay - I invade in the worst spot - at the stairs so I find myself having to sprint the fk away from the enemies with no poise may I add and I sprint to the spot to the right of the bridge - with this opportunity I cast Sunlight Blade and Replenishment - as soon as I come round the corner Mr. SB MSGS is swinging at me. POW! parry and I riposte for 1200 damage - thats one little ***** boy dead :L Now the pressure isnt so bad - well I say that but lookie here host casts TWoP and spamming r1 - sorry bro I can parry your BKGA - riposte and while he is running off to estus his phant 2h roll attacks me I say fk it edge my chances and go for the parry... I HIT IT!!! Riposte and go for the chain bs as I need to win this! YES! now that is the dude out of the way, oh god the horror - host lagstabs me - thank god he isnt using hornets ring but he is going for the chain bs - Pivot - PARRY! Riposte - now obviously now we are both at low hp I realise now is the time to act or die - wrong decision - I didnt throw the lloyds - he estuses and is back on the offensive - oh thank you for misclicking r2 you little arse! this should be an easy parry - I am mistaken - partial and I can only take 2 1 more hit - its parry or die at this point - well I could run and proc my RTS Ring but that is too risky - No! SB has run out - but I hit the parry - quickly pull out the Chaos Rapier +5 - PHEW! Riposte 1k dmg - now to pull out the talisman and finish him with a quick WoG when he wakes up... Christ though that was an intense fight - I am so annoyed I wasn't recording as you guys would have loved the video!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Sometimes pressure brings out the best. Awexome kills Amos.

Befowler....I'll third that answer. I just reached sl 200 and see all kinds.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:54 pm

haha thank you - I have turned into a parry god atm for some reason? I have no problems with it but its awesome
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:55 pm

232 here and my character is now a jack of all trades and master of them too. Though I doubt I'll touch the faith again, menu swaps to weapons with very different move sets make fights alot more interesting.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Im on fire today - tbh I think I should turn on the camera to record but tbh i cba even though I am getting beautiful clips

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:58 pm