Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
callipygias
Sulfur
Rynn
RANT
Maneater_Mildred
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
cloudyeki
WyrmHero
12 posters

I HATE the point down gesture!!!!!

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I HATE the point down gesture!!!!! Empty I HATE the point down gesture!!!!!

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:36 am

It is the most offensive gesture in Dark Souls. I feel like **** when I lose to someone and they point stupidly down like YOU SUCK this is where you belong, noob!!!!!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

I HATE the point down gesture!!!!! Empty Re: I HATE the point down gesture!!!!!

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:37 am

Atleast it isn't as bad as proper bow after getting ganked.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:38 am

I actually think the Proper Bow is pretty funny actually.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:40 am

I prefer to be bowed than to be pointed down at my corpse, really. It is really offensive to me.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:41 am

Point down is good for pointing out gifts to blind co-op players... That is all.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:42 am

yes, proper bow is pretty funny after you get gangbanged, first time it pissed me off but after that i started laughing at it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:43 am

I often use the point down gesture after someone does something very cheap. Like BS fishing with a Lightning Zwei.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:45 am

Yeah the thing is, I get pointed down after getting killed by a cheap tactic. Like I completely suck.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:46 am

WyrmHero wrote:I prefer to be bowed than to be pointed down at my corpse, really. It is really offensive to me.

i get how annoying it is specially if they gangbanged you or played dirty but just dont pay attention to them, by getting pissed about it they accomplished what theyre trying to do which is piss you off dude.
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:52 am

i use point down against clone trooper builds to imply "suck my d*ck"
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:55 am

Once in a while I'll go human and leave myself open to invasion, and I had a guy do that to me recently at Sen's. Makes me want to stay Perma-hollowed.

Actually it makes me want to pull him out of his mother's basement and beat the living **** out of him, and that's not a pleasant feeling.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:14 am

I agree 100% with cally, I get that same feeling too. I'll tell you guys the whole story. I was GLing and got invaded by a SoV. Nice, he tried to cast Chaos Storm but I smashed him with my recently new and shiny Smough's Hammer. Then he ran away and I did a beautiful pivot(almost, I didn't lock off) backstab and defeated him.

Then he invades again, this time he was scared and was spamming R1 his ultragreatsword. He began to strafe me for a backstab but I quickly did a counter backstab for the win. Then he invades again, this time he started spamming tirelessly his UGS. He was almost defeated, but I did a roll exactly when he was beginning to spam R1 again (from 12 feet away). I get caught on a lucky (?) backstab that killed me, and he pointed down. :x
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:31 am

I also hate the Well what is it. Especially after a lame *** gank or cheap tactic. Its like they think that by pulling off a Pivot BS OHKO or some other stunlock r1 mashing combo that they outskilled you.

I can pull off all kinds of BSing, Ripostes (If lag doesnt mess up timing), and use all the cheesy Combustion/WoG spams everyone else can. I choose not to do it in the hopes of having longer pvp matches.

\Don't get me wrong my opponents can fight the way they want to fight. I won't get annoyed unless they are griefers at low levels. But seriously what cause it there to pull a well what is it?
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:37 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:But seriously what cause it there to pull a well what is it?

Makes people feel like their accomplished, probably. "My penis is bigger than yours" attitude largely in Western culture. When Japanese players pwn me, cheap tactics or not, they bow or don't do anything.
    Which makes it EVER MORE sad...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:40 am

I actually like to use it a lot in Co-Op, especially in the crystal caves. I tell them, "Hey, wait here while I pull **** one at a time."

"Hey, wait here while I bring that golem out into the open, rather than fight him on an invisible bridge."

PvP though, I can say I used to use it a lot, as I used to fight exclusively gankers. But now I just bow to them, and tip my hat letting them see who killed them haha. After duels though, always a bow. Again, I think Pointing Down is a useful gesture, but yeah it sucks when people use it in PvP and act like a ****.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:41 am

CrackSouls wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:But seriously what cause it there to pull a well what is it?

Makes people feel like their accomplished, probably. "My penis is bigger than yours" attitude largely in Western culture. When Japanese players pwn me, cheap tactics or not, they bow or don't do anything.
    Which makes it EVER MORE sad...

Yeah well my penis is bigger than yours! I HATE the point down gesture!!!!! 3596227959

Nah serious that really ticks me off. Sure we can al be **** to one another but where does that get us?

Many apologies Crack my manI HATE the point down gesture!!!!! 945058907
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:17 am

I appreciate you guys want to vent a bit, but a few of you are going a little overboard with the basement dragging and borderline racist comments.

To be honest, as several people have stated, the best way to deal with people trying to get a rise out of you is to ignore them. If people point down, ignore them and move on. I think this thread has baiscally served it's purpose, so it's getting locked down lest people get even more effusive with their language.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:35 pm