Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Fun at the second bonfire on the way to the Taurus demon

pylorih

Fun at the second bonfire on the way to the Taurus demon Empty Fun at the second bonfire on the way to the Taurus demon

Post by pylorih Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:09 pm

So I have made a toon at lvl 7 and have him gravelording the newbie area - noticed that there are a lot of darkwraiths so after awhile instead of killing people for eyes I simply got a better idea.

People that have successfully come as a spirit of vengeance are getting a free gift with their free trip back to the bonfire - last guy received a lightning spear, before that guy received a +10 sword (katana - can't remember the name)

So I am thinking of other "gifts" I should go farm and am looking for hints/tips on where to collect these to equip the lowbies who successfully brave the phantoms.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Fun at the second bonfire on the way to the Taurus demon Empty Re: Fun at the second bonfire on the way to the Taurus demon

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Crystal weapons. That way they can only rely on it for so long before it breaks. And you should check out the Zena Peddler Princes in the covenant thread.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Fun at the second bonfire on the way to the Taurus demon Empty Re: Fun at the second bonfire on the way to the Taurus demon

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Having just recently braved my way through the Burg for the first time, I would say humanity is in high demand that early in the game. I would have loved to have someone toss me a little so I could keep playing human longer and less time farming for it.

As a side note I would have loved to be cursed while in the Burg. I think your idea is a good one.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Kirk-Barb makes a great point. Consumables can make a huge difference early on. Humanity is always nice. Fire bombs and black bombs would make excellent gifts as well. Remember at that level in that area that souls are hard to come by so something as simple as standard arrows require a new character to budget in between leveling the character and weapons. I know very early on I sacrificed several levels to get my sword to +5 and to make sure my bow had enough arrows. I almost panicked in B. Town because I ran out. Now I'm never under 600 arrows since they're so inexpensive in NG++.

If you're looking for Bigger gifting I would add another vote for Crystal Weapons. The whole point of Crystal weapons is to give the players a powerful weapon that they have to make a choice with. As in, which enemy is big time enough to use this on? Early level characters are perfect to make this choice and get some use out of it. I was at +14 with my sword before I got my first Crystal one and therefore never used it.

Some of the best items in the game would be mean actually. At that level the stats to use a lot of weapons is a long way off meaning you gave them something nice to look at but by the time they can use it they might have found it already. I would say easy stat use weapons and base/beginner weapons and armor but upgraded to +5 or so might be good gifts.

Last note, remember that most of the fun is how you feel when you finally beat your latest arch nemesis. Avoid gamebreaking items so that the new guys can experience this too.

Sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy and remember that gifting is a goal of the Peddler Princes so if you want to join up and share stories just drop by and say so on that thread.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 pm

I suggest the Crystal sword and Crystal shield, instead of a +14 crystal longsword. you can buy them from Donmhall
    pylorih

Post by pylorih Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Thanks for the input guys - I wasn't even thinking about how a powerful weapon like a lightning spear could diminish the experience early on (reminded me of the drake sword when I tried that vs. no drake sword run)

I will be sticking with consummables such as arrows, Souls(small ones), Humanity, Bombs, and a few +5 weapons like a longsword (stat req. below 16) to make it accessible. I will see about acquiring some crystal weapons I can throw out as well.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Oh, and if you get a repeat give him an un-upgraded BSS or G.Halberd!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:41 pm