Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Offline Play?

FallenAzraelx

Offline Play? Empty Offline Play?

Post by FallenAzraelx Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:13 pm

I play offline. I've never got any help from anyone on any boss, nor have I ever been invaded. Would the community rate that as a more/less difficult experience?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Offline Play? Empty Re: Offline Play?

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Probably more difficult, you're more likely to find phantoms to co-op with than you are to get invaded, unless you enter the Forest/Kiln.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Considering I play offline only now? Somewhat more, but realisticly it's not impossible to play. Boss fights are certainly more fun, S&O and Four Kings can give you a run for the money.
    FallenAzraelx

Post by FallenAzraelx Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the ego boost happy
    There are times that I want to play online... but I'd need to invest quite a bit to get Xbox live... I guess I lied a little bit, though. I've got help from Beatrix in the fight with the for Kings... and I've summoned Soliare over and over. Hell I even got help from that crazy *** Lutrac, once. Do they count?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:33 pm

They can help immensily on the harder fights, the key to playing offline is you have to know each enemies strength and weakness, or trying to learn them, but once you have that down it goes much easier. I haven't done a NG+ on a 120 though so it should be fun, NG++ on a 340 I got some interesting feedback hahaha.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:34 pm

FallenAzraelx wrote:Sweet! Thanks for the ego boost happy
    There are times that I want to play online... but I'd need to invest quite a bit to get Xbox live... I guess I lied a little bit, though. I've got help from Beatrix in the fight with the for Kings... and I've summoned Soliare over and over. Hell I even got help from that crazy *** Lutrac, once. Do they count?

Well they are available to everyone who wants to use them, and aren't nearly as helpful as most (not all) co-op phantoms. They're best served as a distraction.

I wouldn't say they would count.
    FallenAzraelx

Post by FallenAzraelx Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Awesome! Thanks again. It's true that they can be useful, even if to only serve as a distraction. I don't know how I'd beat Smoug-en-stein if it were not for Solaire distracting one of them, wile I wail on the other.
    He never makes it through "round 2", but he serves a vital purpose in round 1.
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RaSoul Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:23 am

I did the first playthorugh offline and without any Phantom help. I didnt understand the Humanity system until the next playthrough.

Also I didnt know you could kindle Bonfires until Four Kings and Gwyn. When I think back I wonder how I got through all that with only 5x Estus Flask +1 lol
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:17 am

FallenAzraelx wrote:I play offline. I've never got any help from anyone on any boss, nor have I ever been invaded. Would the community rate that as a more/less difficult experience?

That's a very good question. I play offline mostly myself because I've found it's less hassle getting to a boss fight. The last thing I want is to be invaded on the way. I do summon any NPC's I can though. They've served me very well, especially Maneater Mildred and Tarkus. The only time I summoned extra help was the Ornstein & Smough fight in newgame+. He was a big help and Solaire on that occasion was dynamite.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:48 pm