Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
DoughGuy
Rollo-9
Cathana
BartholomewWenceslas
Maneater_Mildred
Forum Pirate
Serious_Much
berkut
callipygias
User
Fuzzlewhack
15 posters

A question for all online players.

Poll

When you see a gravelord sign, do you usually invade through it?

[ 17 ]
    A question for all online players. I_vote_lcap37%A question for all online players. I_vote_rcap [37%] 
    [ 5 ]
    A question for all online players. I_vote_lcap11%A question for all online players. I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 5 ]
    A question for all online players. I_vote_lcap11%A question for all online players. I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 19 ]
    A question for all online players. I_vote_lcap41%A question for all online players. I_vote_rcap [41%] 

Total Votes: 46
    Fuzzlewhack

A question for all online players. Empty A question for all online players.

Post by Fuzzlewhack Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Hey guys I'd appreciate all of you votes.
    I'm simply interested in this information becaue I'd like to understand a little more about the GL covenant and why I rarely seem to be invaded while gravelording.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

A question for all online players. Empty Re: A question for all online players.

Post by User Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:46 pm

B. Not for the waste of time, but for the black phantoms for a different experience.

As I gravelord, when I am not cooping with my comrade, I usually just use about 5 eyes at once, by quitting and reloading. At most I infect 15 different worlds for them to have black phantoms. I think sharing the experience is important. happy
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Absolutely YES! But not until I've searched the area for all possible BPs. There are still so many I've never seen, it's great to have them to look forward to.

When I was new to DkS and learned what GLing was I thought it'd take a pretty sick bastard to want to do that to other players, but now I'm almost desperate for someone to GL me in areas like the Tomb and the Burg.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Been gravelorded, but I have never seen an invasion sign or a black phantom enemy yet.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:13 pm

If I see a gravelord sign of course I'm gonna invade it!

one of the few things in Dark souls that are so rare it's nice for it to happen to you silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Thing is, I won't go looking for the sign, so if you're not in plain sight, I ignore it.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:13 pm

If i see it i invade, but i never search for them(too busy) if i invade and dont get jumped i drop an eye of death or 2 then bow and kill them.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Never seen a sign or a black phantom for that matter. Supposedly I've been cursed 3 times since I've gotten the "disasters are gone" message three times, but I had no clue I was even infected in the first place... If I did see one I would probably invade just because I don't want them to waste their time
    Cathana
    Cathana
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cathana Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:54 pm

I have never been invaded by a GL, but I am building one to help spread the experience and to flex my pvp muscle (Maybe it will stop hanging it I try to flex it more). I did the low level challenge to achieve my GL status though, joining the covenant at SL9 as a Pyro. That was the most difficult experience and I think should be a requirement for being a Gravelord. Totally worth the hard work also! Lovign my GL. Just wish I was luckier with the Eyes of Death dropping 😢
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Cathana, when I get back on the PC, you shall receive a +1. a true Gravelord you are. I always kill pinwheel as my first boss. I have learned to kick, roll, and throw with mastery. I pick up firebombs and then head out with a club or axe at hand.

I never usually wear a mask, unless I kill pinwheel at a low level. Then I wear the mask until I complete my Armour set, in which I remove it. You truly earned the mask.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Cathana wrote:I did the low level challenge to achieve my GL status though,
    What's the significance of the challenge? Is this a covenant thing? I'm planning on making a Gravelord for the same reasons you gave.
    Cathana
    Cathana
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cathana Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:19 pm

the absolutley best part acidic... I did it with complete and utter epicness. I killed the boss and died at the same time. got the rite and I just joined covenant and never went back for them ask. the pinwheel skeles were driving me nuts.. I never got the mask after I killed Pinwheel.

At low levels, it is far more challenging and you don't have the divine weapons for the catacombs. it makes it very difficult to complete.
    Rollo-9
    Rollo-9

Post by Rollo-9 Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:35 pm

I always gravelord in pvp areas, mainly burg nowadays. I'ts alot of fun, as your guaranteed alot of fights, use dried finger as well, and it's constant invasions. If you see my sign please invade happy
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Yes it is. Of course, after making characters again and again starting with killing pinwheel first has made me good without divine weapons. Don't even make divine weapons. The lack of upgrades is also challenging, as well as skeletons coming back again and again if not done properly.

It requires skill and experience. Know what to do, be fast, agile, and strong; Necromancers are key, and knowing every path and tactic of exploration helps going threw the catacombs.

I had experience where I killed a boss yet it did not count. Usually I never summon leeroy either, although I have if I have a lack of inventory of Estus (as you have 5, or 10 if upgrade Bon). Killing the boss and dying usually requires redoing after coming back, after patches. My experience, anyways.

You deserve a mask. You went threw the challenge of death and resurrection and won. Still, it is best for you to go to vamos for homewards. For a key aspect for more reward from challenge, try to go threw tomb of giants and obtain the silver ring. I do all the time, however death is more probable. Best to upgrade to +5 with vamos, get Gravelord sword, or get fire weapon. Lantern is needed; kill all Necromancers to get at least one.
    Cathana
    Cathana
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cathana Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:59 pm

I didn't summon leeroy. I don't even know where he is, I read on the guide that he is very helpful, but I don't know where it was talking about. I would love to know what mask I got. I think it will be there if I go get it, maybe not. It is boss loot. I never opened the undead Blacksmith. My GL is currently still SL66. I haven't had the opportunity to engage in Dark Souls time since Tuesday morning about 7am EST.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Cathana wrote:the absolutley best part acidic... I did it with complete and utter epicness. I killed the boss and died at the same time. got the rite and I just joined covenant and never went back for them ask. the pinwheel skeles were driving me nuts.. I never got the mask after I killed Pinwheel.

At low levels, it is far more challenging and you don't have the divine weapons for the catacombs. it makes it very difficult to complete.

this happened to me the first time I fought Pinwheel. The mask wont still be there, it disappears when you die unfortunately.
    Cathana
    Cathana
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cathana Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 pm

thts dumb... sad I will get one in NG I guess..
    I burned all 10 estus and 3 humanity and we killed eachother as the same time... I was like OMG NO, but than I was like OMG YESS. Took my about 5.5 hours my first time with a spiked club and about 60 firebombs + my Fireballs.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:12 pm

I normally don't. I rarely see the GL sign, and almost never see the cursed Black Phantoms. On top of it, when I'm questing, I have no interest in PvP. My goal is to make my PvP build as fast as possible.
    Fuzzlewhack

A question for all online players. Empty Ok

Post by Fuzzlewhack Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:24 am

Well i'd like to thank everyone for their input.

As the survey suggests, most players do hit the signs when they see them, and another chunk hasn't even experienced one. A small minority are either too busy or are interested in catching a glimpse of cursed monsters.

So basically this leads me to believe there just has to be something screwy with the eyes of death and/or the GL covenant. I always put signs down in the immediate viscinity of bonfires and yet I rarely get invaded by SoV's. Most of the SoV's that I do get are darkmoons and not cursed players.

*sigh*

Finding the solution to this problem, or, better yet, having an update *fix* this problem is seriously my #1 hope for dark souls. (that and, the removal of the bottomless box glitch and all characters made with it) =)
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:09 am

The only Black phantoms I've seen were in the Moonlight Butterfly area. I saw the sign and immediately ran to see the Phantoms, didn't expect there to be so many and all right outside the valley and all charge at once...

I wish I could have an All of the above option, I do invade after I look for a BP, sometimes I don't se them at all.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:23 am

I frequently see signs in the Burg. But, in other worlds, I see the warning about being infected, but TBH, I forget them right away, since I almost never see any extra BPs or the GL sign.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:44 am

I would invade if the goddamn covenant worked. I always get the message that the disaster were gone, yet I never see a Gravelord sign nor BPs. If the BPs appeared in more worlds, I would usually be freak out and search for the sign (which is recommended to be at a bonfire, yet I never saw one at a bonfire, well one in the Depths). The sign can be seen in Hollow form, so if there were more BPs, I would invade the Gravelord and kill him to get rid of the BPs. It is the most obvious choice that the developers forgot to add.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:B. Not for the waste of time, but for the black phantoms for a different experience.

As I gravelord, when I am not cooping with my comrade, I usually just use about 5 eyes at once, by quitting and reloading. At most I infect 15 different worlds for them to have black phantoms. I think sharing the experience is important. happy

Acid that's a myth right???
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:45 pm

It works. I have my companion, whiskey, to verify if need be. you can still be infected, even if the gravelord has quit and reloaded. Now, imagine if there were about 12 to 15 people in Kiln, and a gravelord just used 10 eyes in one spot: use one, quit, reload, then repeat.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:47 pm

I've only been on the receiving end of a Gravelord just once, and I just quit and reloaded because I couldn't find the sign.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:29 am