Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Dubscythe
deadagain
Argetlam350
bmurn
skarekrow13
Azran
10 posters

Hellkite Wyvern Bug?

Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Hellkite Wyvern Bug? Empty Hellkite Wyvern Bug?

Post by Azran Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 am

Hello people, just had a weird bug happen to me.

I was decided to get to the Bonfire the Wyvern above the bridge protects, and killing the damn thing if the chance arised. But after jumping on the bridge and breathing some fire, the dragon jumped towards the other side of the bridge, leaving me free to get to the bonfire. Once I did so, I heard the dragon going back to his usual place. When I came out and looked up, he was gone. He isn't on the Bridge.

Is this a bug? Can I get him to re-appear?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Hellkite Wyvern Bug? Empty Re: Hellkite Wyvern Bug?

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 am

He leaves so you can't snipe him unchecked from below him. Leave the area and he'll come back
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 am

Sometimes I have to hang out in the middle of the bridge for a while to get him to come back. He always leaves once I enter the bonfire room underneath him.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Ya the wyvern leaves when you get to the bonfire so you can't snipe him from underneath. Not a glitch, so nothing to worry about. He'll return if you leave the area or walk back on the bridge.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 pm

When he comes back go out to the sunlight alter and you can watch him fly away. It's pretty cool.

100 posts woo hoo triple digits baby cheers
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Funnily enough, out of all the times I've played Dark Souls I've never actually killed the Wyvern.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:43 pm

I love killing him. I have done it about 10 different ways.

Every one of them, and every time, feels great, lol.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Right now the score for me is:

Wyvern - 30+
    Me - 0

To be fair the Wyvern did have some help when I invaded the same host three times and each time I spawned on the bridge and the host had lured the Wyvern into breathing fire as I spawned. After that I decided I should go somewhere else.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:05 pm

How do you invade in the area with the wyvern? I've never tried o.O Are there lvl 60's who haven't killed the Gargoyles?

I've killed the bridge wyvern in every playthrough ever since I got good at this game haha! Idk how, I just started getting good after not playing for 4 months. At first, I had to do melee, which is a paaaaiiin. I don't think it should only give 10k souls since it's only REALLY doable with a higher level character. I mean, everything's doable at SL 1, but not for me haha! I just recently killed it with my Black Bow of Pharis on my dex build. SO much better! Haha!

Oh, wait! I've killed him once with my second character at the release of the game. The glitch where you hit him with an arrow from the top of the tower where you find the second Black Knight. He "jumps off" the bridge and dies haha! They fixed the glitch. I tried. The wyvern then disappears from any far away view other than from the bridge.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bmurn Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:14 pm

I was invading as a darkmoon, so the hosts level was not as important. You spawn on the bridge as long as you invade on the same side of the gate as the Iron Boar. If you are on the other side of that gate you spawn by the rooftop with the Gargoyles.

I only spent one session actually trying to kill the wyvern and did not have much luck, i could not get the timing down to prevent him from healing. After much frustration I decided in my benevolence that the wyvern should be allowed to live.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Yeah. To get him to not heal, you've got to kill him in under 20 hits, I'd guess. I've only killed him with my newest 3 characters and near SL 60. First with the Black Knight Greatsword, second with my +whatever Lightning G. Halbderd, and third with my Black Bow of Pharis. Since I do 200's with my bow and I can hit him from SUPER far away with my feather arrows, BBoP, and Hawk Ring, I would simply hit him again when he went up to his perching spot. I'd just be off the bridge near Sunbro and shoot the wyvern, so he had no idea where I was XD. When he jumped down, I'd switch to my heavy arrows to do about 30 more damage, then repeat. Took me like 4 rounds of hitting him off his perch.
    Neograyfoxx

Post by Neograyfoxx Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:21 pm

bmurn wrote:Right now the score for me is:

Wyvern - 30+
    Me - 0

I'm in the same boat. I've seen alot of strategies on taking him down but as a melee primary I haven't had much luck with anything but running under him when he lands on the bridge, lol.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Neograyfoxx wrote:
    bmurn wrote:Right now the score for me is:

Wyvern - 30+
    Me - 0

I'm in the same boat. I've seen alot of strategies on taking him down but as a melee primary I haven't had much luck with anything but running under him when he lands on the bridge, lol.

How I finally did it: Hit him, then pray you can see him jump up in time to get out of the way of his SUPER GIANT fire pillar thing, and barely survive it, then heal, and PRAY he doesn't do it again before you can get another hit off! Oh, and the staircase is the best place to retreat.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:27 pm

dragon slayer bow RTSR 10 arrows max hes dead double it for ng+ silly if only it was as simple as the blue dragon in demons souls stand bellow him with lock on and fire away......fire away
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bmurn Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:39 pm

You have all inspired me. I will go back an try to beat that Wyvern. I will beat the beast even if it kills me.... which it will.. again and again.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

You do that! We will remember you. 😢

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:56 am