Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Quick Question

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Quick Question Empty Quick Question

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:34 am

Hey, believe it or not, I've the farthest I've ever been in the storyline of Dark Souls because I'm finally playing without a friend! haha!
    Anyway, I killed Sif for the first time, and I was wondering if I can still be invaded in the forest after killing Sif. I don't see the cat, either. What's up?

Side note: I'm quenching my thirst for PvP by invading using cracked red eye orbs in the forest. SO funny invading people who are in the covenant haha! Probably didnt expect to be invaded!
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Quick Question Empty Re: Quick Question

Post by bmurn Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:10 am

I don't think darkwraiths can but theforest hunters will.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:18 am

Hmm. I still haven't gotten invaded by anyone at all in the forest after a good 20 minutes. huh. I used to get invaded hardcore before I killed seath. Like 3 blue invaders at once haha!
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:22 am

And you are human?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:23 am

Yep. Just walking around this now empty forest and I check from time to time and I see no fog wall at the shortcut. And I am not in offline mode. I was just invading.

Woo! Post 100!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:25 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Yep. Just walking around this now empty forest and I check from time to time and I see no fog wall at the shortcut. And I am not in offline mode. I was just invading.

Woo! Post 100!

Sure you're not in the Forest Hunters?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:27 am

I am sure. I just bought cracked red eye orbs before invading, then ran out of cracked red eye orbs, then came to the forest.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:51 am

I'm fairly sure that once Sif is dead you can no longer be invaded in the forest. Never checked it myself as I hunt campers in the forest, I don't host there. Anyways that's the way I understand it. I'm fairly certain that the only area you can be invaded once the boss has been killed is Dark Anor Londo.

To find Alivina from the bonfire. Go Through the door, down the stairs and follow the left edge of the level to the clearing. You'll see a brick building that leads to a bridge. Alvina is sitting in the window on the left inside the building.

If you're invading in the forest I highly doubt you are invading forest covenant members. Much more likely you are invading farmers, gankers and general campers. Very rarely a duelist or the even more rare low level trying to get help to kill Sif.

If forest invading is to your liking I suggest reading this thread For the Glory of Alvina lot's of great tips for forest hunting in there.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:57 am

Ahhh. I was just trying to GET invaded so I could duel someone. But I just recently bought some more cracked red eye orbs (I really should farm some more humanity so I don't have to buy any more) and started invading in the forest. Loooooots of 2 or 3 person groups just killing invaders. =/

I probably should just open the kiln and PvP to my heart's content there haha!
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:10 am

What areas do you still have open? If you're hosting it's a lot easier to find a duel than if you're invading. You'll find a lot of groups of 2 & 3 waiting for invaders at the kiln as well.

When I'm up for a duel I'll host the painted world in the tower basement or the kiln. Mostly I just invade the forest though. I love taking on 2 or 3 people at once. After a while it gets addictive and the wins are so sweet.

Best place to farm humanity is the baby skeletons in the tomb of the giants if you ask me. They spawn endlessly and have a fairly high drop rate. Gotta be quick picking up the drops before they fade though.

Oh and you should join either the forest hunters, dark moon blades or dark wraiths so you don't have to use cracked red eyes any more.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:14 am

I usually just do rats. Really easy to get there and I don't have to worry about anything interfering.

And thanks! I guess I shouldn't invade until I actually get good at PvP, or I finally admit that the p dagger isn't all that good =/ I STILL haven't made someone bleed. It's cause it takes 8 hits at least =/
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:33 am

Yeah I tried out the p dagger in a duel with Quarik last night. It didn't go well for me. I had no idea he had the bloodbite ring on. He made me hurt in places I didn't know I had. Oh well I'm back to my +15 uchi with SLB and I'm right back on form.

Don't wait till you're good at pvp to try it out. You don't lose anything important when you fail and the only way to get good at it is to try. Everyone dies a lot at first. It's part of the initiation and it makes you feel that much better when you start getting some good wins.

If you ask me a lot of people take losing to seriously. It's only a game. A hellishly fun game, but a game none the less. Plus you learn more from a loss than a victory. Trust that you'll get better with practice and enjoy yourself.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:39 am

when the boss is dead so goes the dark phantoms *) but if you're human then you can invade if you were a darkwraith you could invade, but alas none can invade you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:54 am