Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Imarreteet23
Karn
FruitPunchNinja
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
RANT
BLA1NE
billy_bayonet
13 posters

painting guardian sword is beast

Karn
    Regular
    Regular

painting guardian sword is beast - Page 2 Empty Re: painting guardian sword is beast

Post by Karn Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:44 pm

BLA1NE wrote:I went with Int first because I wanted to use GMW at 15, and chameleon at the same time. I played around with the character builder, though, and I think they're about the same. At SL120, with all the other stats the same, you can have 32 Int or 30 Fth. And at those levels, CMW and maxed DMB give almost the same amount of buff.

@32 Int: TCC has 254 Mag Adj x 1.4 for CMW = 355.6 buff
    @30 Fth: Canvas Tali has 172 x 2.1* for DMB = 361.2 buff

*Max DMB is 2.1, right?

Of course, if you went with Fth, you get access to WoG too...

With Fth you also get SLB, might do less damage than DMB. but it's definitely situational. You'll find more people who stack magic def/use crest shield than lightning defense.
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

painting guardian sword is beast - Page 2 Empty Re: painting guardian sword is beast

Post by Karn Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Glutebrah wrote:im pretty sure at 50 faith vs 50 int DMB is strongest buff with Darkmoon tailsmen, not sure bout 30

410 with TCC + CMW at 50 int
    474 with DMB +2.1 at 50 fth.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:04 pm

I love love LOVE the pgs. It was the first weapon I ever used for PvP, and though I don't always win, it's too much fun to use any other weapon.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:05 pm

What about the SLB instead Blaine? does it increase the same amount, but lightning instead of magic?
    dominoboy
    dominoboy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dominoboy Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 pm

This weapon crystallized with a high rate catalyst is a beast with about 700 of damage. It's a shame it is so short tho. Falchion may be a better option if you are looking for better range, expecting less scaling/bleeding factor. Curved Swords have the trouble of being easy to parry tho
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Carphil wrote:What about the SLB instead Blaine? does it increase the same amount, but lightning instead of magic?

I'm not Blaine, but I'd like to respond to the question anyways, SLB at 50 fth with the DM Tali gives 339 to DMBs 474. The damage is less, but harder to protect against, and a lot of armors will give more magic def than lightning defense. So SLB has the -potential- to do more damage on people such as that.. As I said it's more situational.

30 Fth with the Canvas Tali adds 295 damage.

I honestly have found much more people stacking Magi Resist or using the crest shield than stacking lightning and using the Effigy shield.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Karn wrote:
    Carphil wrote:What about the SLB instead Blaine? does it increase the same amount, but lightning instead of magic?

I'm not Blaine, but I'd like to respond to the question anyways, SLB at 50 fth with the DM Tali gives 339 to DMBs 474. The damage is less, but harder to protect against, and a lot of armors will give more magic def than lightning defense. So SLB has the -potential- to do more damage on people such as that.. As I said it's more situational.

30 Fth with the Canvas Tali adds 295 damage.

I honestly have found much more people stacking Magi Resist or using the crest shield than stacking lightning and using the Effigy shield.

Thanks for the quick answer, +1 useful information
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 pm

you try parrying the painting guardians sword the moveset is so random
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 pm

dmb is better against heavy and med armor users like the typical havel/giant mask wearing people since the magic res is lower than light armor, also slb tends to work better becasue they have alower res to lightning than magic.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:26 pm

I've actually found people to treat all Falchions, Scimitars, and PGS like this. I actually got bored of my Falchion build, I won PvP so often. Think I'm gonna Gravelored it with that toon, as a matter of fact.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:27 pm

and DMB is still mad OP.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic53QDCEQP0

here it is, was looking for this vid to post here, such a nice sword...
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:32 am

^1:34 is crazy. The gaxe guy lets his guard down for a second to finish off Caroso, and he takes 1000 damage instantly for it! That's why you don't underestimate the PGS.

And the guy right after, at 2:00, did the same, trying to parry it--he took 1400 damage trying in vain!

The whole video is full of examples of massive damage dealt in the blink of an eye, really. The trick is getting used to the PGS's range. Caroso was really good with his rolls, to dodge and close distance at the same time, and using the R2 for better ranged attack too.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:12 am

i was dueling in the dukes earlier, and thought id properly give this thing a test, 2 matches wiht dmb 2 without, 2 matches with claymore dmb, to matches without, i won with the PGS both times and the time i used DMB on the claymore, i know this info is useless to other peopel because its my play stay that won the fights not the weapon, but i freaking love this sword!, glad other people do!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:22 am

PGS was my first love as far as Melee Weapons go. I'm bound to pick up a build that runs these demons a second time once I'm done with the Demons Great Axe.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 am

shame were on diff consoles rynn would love to duel you
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:27 am

PGS is owesome... Dual wielding them is even cooler.

Who cares if you win or lose. Playing with such weapons is so much fun!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:36 am

billy_bayonet wrote:shame were on diff consoles rynn would love to duel you
    That sounds like a lot of fun... c: Maybe some day... I might own both a PS3 and an X-box some day, and I might double up on Dark Souls just to fight if the community is still here.

I think my next PGS build would look like this, based on the Covenant I'm in.
    http://tinyurl.com/89el22e

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:07 pm