Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Imarreteet23
Federally
Rynoa
undead lee
Reaperfan
sonofartorias
Dr. Demento
DoughGuy
Rynn
trinitarian
14 posters

i'm a noob, and i'm just wondering if there is random epic loot in the game?

trinitarian

i'm a noob, and i'm just wondering if there is random epic loot in the game? Empty i'm a noob, and i'm just wondering if there is random epic loot in the game?

Post by trinitarian Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:37 am

I am new to the game and just have a simple question. I notice that you get weapons and armor from buying, chest or boss fights. I was wondering, however, is there armor and weapons in the game that are ultra rare and can ONLY be obtain by random drops and if so are they really good and do people really want them? Thx.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

i'm a noob, and i'm just wondering if there is random epic loot in the game? Empty Re: i'm a noob, and i'm just wondering if there is random epic loot in the game?

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:40 am

Yes there is. There is TONS of random drops. About 50% of bosses have random drops, the other 50% usually have removable tails involving powerful weapons. Every enemy can drop the equipment they are wearing, or their equipment can be located elsewhere in the game.

Drops, Drops everywhere.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

i'm a noob, and i'm just wondering if there is random epic loot in the game? Empty Re: i'm a noob, and i'm just wondering if there is random epic loot in the game?

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:41 am

People always want the channelers trident for the achievement. It has a really low drop rate. You can trade them for multiple slabs.
    trinitarian

Post by trinitarian Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:46 am

kewl,
    but just to be clear, there are drops that you can only obtain via random? as opposed to buying or there being a predetermined area/chest/bosses which have them 100% of the time, correct?
    trinitarian

Post by trinitarian Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 am

i'm level 60 and i'm still banging that drake sword that i got for shooting off that dragons tail. This has to be a bad thing, any tips on where i can grind to get a nice weapon drop. And i just got to that place where those fallen angle type things flew me up to this nice looking castle. And i just got to the part were that orb can be used i think from that punk *** who murdered my fire keeper.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 am

Use the lightning spear you just got from sens. if you want more help post your build in the player help section and pepole will help you find the best equiment for your stats. But yes, theres a lot of higher level stuff that can only be found by random drops.
    Dr. Demento
    Dr. Demento
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dr. Demento Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:52 am

When you get out of anor londo go for the claymore on the helkite dragon bridge....And the best drop ever is the pendant (It does everything!) Lol jk
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:56 am

i'm still looking for my big gold belt maybe i need the pendent
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:56 am

Dr. Demento wrote:When you get out of anor londo go for the claymore on the helkite dragon bridge....And the best drop ever is the pendant (It does everything!) Lol jk

thats mean. Congrats on 100 posts.
    @Trin Dont listen to him to him about the pendant lol. The claymorehowever is good if you;re a str build.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:59 am

There are a few weapons with very low drop rates, though most of them are actually relatively subpar outside of niche builds that were made specifically for that weapon. Some are even downright designed to be bad items, only to be used as trophy/show-off gear. Some such items that come to mind are:

titanite Catch Pole: Only one of this weapon is guaranteed per playthrough, and in order to get it you have to kill many relatively tough minibosses spread throughout the world. It scales with odd stats and doesn't do much damage even when specced for properly, though it's moveset is pretty good.

Channeler's Trident: Very low droprate from pretty tough enemies, only two of which can be farmed to find this item. Scales with odd stats and actually replaces one of it's attacks with a non-offensive support move. It's damage is also subpar, likely do to it's supporting ability, and has an odd moveset. (I've not used the weapon enough to say if the moveset is better or worse)

Ghost Blade: Not to be confused with the Jagged Ghost Blade, which is a fairly common item. The Ghost Blade only drops from 2 enemies in the game that are not easy to get to, and has an incredibly low drop rate. Many players don't even know the item exists and has been called my some to be the rarest weapon in the game. It has pitiful damage and it's moveset is nothing special over other weapons of its class. It's only special property is that it can damage a specific type of enemy that normal weapons need a special buff to be able to damage.

Great Lord Greatsword and the Great Lord Robeset: These items are the gear used by the final boss of the game, and are only obtainable once you've beaten the game once and are on at least New Game +. The Greatsword is arguable to its worth as a weapon, but in general it is outdamaged by most other weapons of its class and has a slower moveset. The robes offer no special properties as armor and have low defensive stats, though they are considered some of the most stylish sets of gear in the game winking

Other than these, most weapons/armor are relatively easy to get, either being acquired by merchants, having reasonable drop rates in terms of farming enemies, or being acquired by upgrading weapons with special boss souls. The only other items that have incredibly low drop rates are the variously-colored titanite Slabs, which are used as upgrade materials for weapons/armor.

I guess the long story short version is that, yes, there are incredibly rare items in the game, but just because they are rare doesn't mean they are more powerful.
    trinitarian

Post by trinitarian Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:07 am

k thx guys, i'm heading over to the player help section now to get advice on my build. but as a going question i must ask, how much longer do i have to go to beat this game. I just got to the place where those demons flew me up to some castle and i', level 60. Ive been to that demons layer but couldn't beat that big fire breathing freak that can hit me even though im in a rock formation, and if i go out he crushes me with his arm lol.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:09 am

After you complete anor lodo you have the 4 boss soul areas then the final boss area. Thr actual lengths are pretty short but accounting for the amount of times you die you got about half the game left.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:12 am

just attach the figure four. kidding you need to be able to dodge in the fight
    with discharge but i have trouble to so don't feel bad
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:13 am

What Doughy said, at the start of Anor Londo, you're about 45% through the main course of the game. About 35%-40% if you include optional zones as well.
    trinitarian

Post by trinitarian Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:20 am

does this game have the most hard core cult followers than any other RPG out there? I think so, cause you cruise over to the skyrim forums and their topics are so super fiscal. And i don't mean quantity, i'm speaking about the quality of followers.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:21 am

yup.woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:25 am

trinitarian wrote:does this game have the most hard core cult followers than any other RPG out there? I think so, cause you cruise over to the skyrim forums and their topics are so super fiscal. And i don't mean quantity, i'm speaking about the quality of followers.

A hardcore game deserves hardcore followers. I think the every nature of the game means people have to put effort into it so when they get to the forums they put in the same effort.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:28 am

doughguy has it right i second this one thousand time's over^^^
    trinitarian

Post by trinitarian Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:43 am

do you guys know if there is still a lot of noobs playing this game like me or is the majority of players the die hard fans who bought this game day 1?
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:46 am

maybe i only see slv 120 & 80's
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:49 am

My guess is it's about 75% old players, 25% new players now. But we have no way of knowing how many players are playing offline, and we're about to see a massive insurgence of new players once the PC version hits the shelves.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:02 am

^^^this
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:02 am

^^^this
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:04 am

"this'ing" a "this" post? I guess there are some things about forums I'll never understand silly
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:06 am

it mean's i agree. don't make me give you a limp slap to the chest
    woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:11 am