Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Rynn
Nccbd
Blazalin
7 posters

co-op soap sign

Blazalin
    Blazalin
    Addicted
    Addicted

co-op soap sign  Empty co-op soap sign

Post by Blazalin Tue May 08, 2012 1:59 am

I tried co-oping with my friend and he never saw my soap sign. is there a level limit of some sort? or an easier way he can see it?
    Nccbd
    Casual
    Casual

co-op soap sign  Empty Re: co-op soap sign

Post by Nccbd Tue May 08, 2012 2:14 am

He has tobe in human form, the boss in that area has tobe still alive and lvl limit is within 10% i think not remember exactly.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 2:22 am

Summoner must be human
    Summoner must be withing 10 levels, +10% of his current level, in order to summon you.
    Summoner can not have any Dragon Spirits around.

No other conditions apply.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 08, 2012 2:26 am

The level limit is like 10% plus 5 or something. The Coop guide in the Wiki will say it exactly. Also there are multiple servers for DkS and your sign starts in one and migrates every few minutes until someone clicks it. So if your friend doesn't see it you need to replace it every 2 minutes or so, this causes it to appear in w different server and hopefully allow your buddy to see it. Joining the same covenant will help male sure you're grouped on the same server and placing your sign in an out of the way spot will help make sure no one else clicks it.
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WorldSlayerPIKA Tue May 08, 2012 8:38 am

Level limit according Wiki is 10 + 10%! Up and Down!

I made several attempts with different friends to coop or fight against. (even with my roommate!) Best advice I can give is patience when searching each other! We also tried to Save / and reload and also to logout from PSN and login at the same time. but it did not help. The only working method was to wait, something till around 5 minutes....

But once found each other, you will be able to rapidly summon again and again also in different parts. Keep in mind, when placing the sign, it needs approx. 30 seconds to pop up in another players world.

The requirement as summoner is correctly said by Nccbd - I don't know what Rynn is refereing to as "can not have any Dragon Spirits around".
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Tue May 08, 2012 8:51 am

I think there are no that kind of servers in Dark Souls. Everything works via some kind of P2P system working on the background. I might be wrong tho.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 08, 2012 8:58 am

The players are separated and grouped together in worlds. You're not constantly connected to everyone. But its not a rigorous strict system, you can be migrated behind the scenes without really noticing. This allows for the covenants that allow their members to find each other easier, the players are grouped with other members. If you're trying to find a friend replacing your sign every 2 minutes is the quickest way to cycle it through the group.

It's not a strict server setup in the way you may be thinking but its a similar setup, just much more flexible.

Maybe you're thinking of the way actually playing together works. When you invade or are summoned you connect directly to them, so in that case its P2P with host player and client players. However the game itself is the matchmaker and it organizes the players.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue May 08, 2012 9:10 am

THe exact formula I think is(n+or- 10)+ or -(n*1/10) where N is your soul level. If you are not algebraically inclined then follow this example if you are SL 100 You can summon any where from SL 80-120
    This is because 100+10= 110 and 1/10* 100 is 10 so add them together and you get 120. It also works in reverse 100-10= 90 and 1/10* 100 is 10 so subtract the numbers and you get 80. Remember this is between 80-120 for this example so you can summon and SL88 or a SL 112 for example.
    Side note Nice Avatar I used to have the exact same image

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:45 am