Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Introduction and other matters

Kerber0ss

Introduction and other matters Empty Introduction and other matters

Post by Kerber0ss Wed May 09, 2012 3:28 am

Hello dark souls fandom people, I'm pretty much new to the series, I heard about Dark Souls but never really bothered on putting my attention until a few days ago.
    I finished the game already, gone blind, no wiki exept for understanding the humanity mechanics and thats it, I feel quite proud, didn't died as much as I expected, no even on the Bed of Chaos, took me a while to figure the 4 kings, I went in first time with full havel's set, then I realised I didn't really need it, just circle arround them, be careful and try to finish each king as fast as possible.

Anyways, I been hooked hard by this game, the lore fascinates me, and that's precisely what I'm going to post in this first thread of mine on the forums.

You see the new videos on the Prepare to die editin, right? well, as fascinating as dark souls is, and since I discovered my first Illusory wall, I randomly spent a GOOD deal of time hitting the walls like a retard. on Queelag's domain thats how I discovered that secret bonfire and the fair lady, an hour or so of hitting every (almost) inch with my black knight sword +5.
    So I saw the videos of the prepare to die Edition and as usually, my moto thought the whole series is "Maybe there's something I'm not seeing..." (used GREATLY while I got my face stumped by the 4 kings) and in deed, there's something NOBODY so far has noticed in the game...

I think I'm the first one, since I never seen anybody post about this.

Go to undead parish, go to the church where the first FireKeeper soul was, with the body on the altair, and look at the metal engravings at the sides, theres the statue of the Goddess or whatever and then there are like metal plaques on the sides... have you noticed the lion monster is on them? as well as 2 dragons? one of the dragons (the one in the middle) looks very similar to the black dragon from the videos.

Let me know what you think.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Introduction and other matters Empty Re: Introduction and other matters

Post by SlakeMoth Wed May 09, 2012 5:18 am

There is a whole room devoted to the Black Dragon in Anor Londo. The walls are covered with mounted trophy heads of it plus there's a huge one in the balcony area. It's the room where you pick up the Silver Knight Armour from the two chests.
    Kerber0ss

Post by Kerber0ss Wed May 09, 2012 5:26 am

No, I went and checked after I saw the black dragon.
    The black dragon on the Prepare to Die edition has a little "cross" on its face and the face shape is different, it doesn't has the barbs the ones on Anor Londo has, in fact, the room you saying (presumably Ornstein's trophy room) has only Drake heads, like the red Drake you find on the bridge, but the shapes are different, I know because I pulled out my binoculars and looked at every single head trying to find a similar one, I found none.

Also, the Lion (whom I'll call Manticore, since he looks like a Manticore beast) is at the very bottom.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 10:25 am

Look in the archives. We've noticed the plates on either side of the statue and indeed there appears to be the portrait of a lion, man and dragon with their attention on the statue of the mother and child. Current popular philosophy regarding mother lore in the game suggests that the plates suggest that all bow before the mother kind of as an extension of her divinity. That dragon does look similar to the PC content one but lacks sufficient detail in my opinion to be labeled as any specific dragon in game or otherwise. The drakes looks similar to Hellkite, who looks similar in many ways to Seath, who bears some resemblance to the Everlasting Gobsto.....Dragon, etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:09 pm