Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
RANT
Spurgun
billy_bayonet
djgq42
moomootv
Katakato
barcio
Henkyona
WarMachine
Maneater_Mildred
McTrikster
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Azran
Reaperfan
cloudyeki
Uparkaam
Carphil
Garl Vinland
23 posters

Which one thing do you think they should bring back?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Which one thing do you think they should bring back? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which one thing do you think they should bring back?

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 14, 2012 11:40 am

billy_bayonet wrote:anyone here ever trully find the bosses in dark souls challenging, i loved flamelurker he was soo hardcore, i wish he was a normal enemy in dark souls cause itd make pve AWESOME!

I played Dark first so yes, I personally didn't find the Demon's bosses challenging, it just depends which game you played first, I think the Dark bosses overall are more difficult though, the exceptions on demon's being flamelurker and possibly (but not really) allant. To be honest, if you couldn't parry Gwyn, then he'd be harder than Allant.

Also, I think i need to correct the guy who said "Fighting flamelurker fairly is hell". I think you meant to say "It is bliss". It's one of the best experiences I've had in souls. It's not just an attack till he dies with occasional dodge kind of fight, the entire thing you're fighting for your life!

Personally the boss that made me quit Demon's for a couple days was dirty colossus, I was so appalled by how easy he was (you just circle him and he can't hit you..) i stopped playing for a bit.
    barcio
    barcio
    Casual
    Casual

Which one thing do you think they should bring back? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which one thing do you think they should bring back?

Post by barcio Mon May 14, 2012 11:48 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:anyone here ever trully find the bosses in dark souls challenging, i loved flamelurker he was soo hardcore, i wish he was a normal enemy in dark souls cause itd make pve AWESOME!

I played Dark first so yes, I personally didn't find the Demon's bosses challenging, it just depends which game you played first, I think the Dark bosses overall are more difficult though, the exceptions on demon's being flamelurker and possibly (but not really) allant. To be honest, if you couldn't parry Gwyn, then he'd be harder than Allant.

Also, I think i need to correct the guy who said "Fighting flamelurker fairly is hell". I think you meant to say "It is bliss". It's one of the best experiences I've had in souls. It's not just an attack till he dies with occasional dodge kind of fight, the entire thing you're fighting for your life!

Personally the boss that made me quit Demon's for a couple days was dirty colossus, I was so appalled by how easy he was (you just circle him and he can't hit you..) i stopped playing for a bit.
    You have a point here - apart from Flamey, every other boss is so easy to beat. Several times I've found getting to the boss a lot more difficult than actually beating him/her/it. Maybe because of the difference in difficulty comparing to other bosses makes Lurker seem so damn tough ... alas, the joy after you kill him is overwhelming happy
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon May 14, 2012 12:01 pm

tbh flame lurker is my all time favourite boss from any video game, one *** up and your dead, i used to get him to like 1 hit left to kill him then use the homeward miracel or whateva it was called in demons, just so i could fight him again, tbh the ajudicator was a joke of a boss, he eitha hit you with his sword or licked you :/
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon May 14, 2012 12:15 pm

djgq42 wrote:
    world tendency is a good one! i'd like to have the regional servers back.

i don’t want regional servers back. then i wouldn’t be able to play with everyone else here silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 14, 2012 12:16 pm

That's the one thing in Demon's billy, the levels generally I find more difficult, maybe it's because A: It's harder to BS enemies and B: i don't know the levels well and C: I have half health all the time, but they are harder, and mobs are way more dangerous as there is no poise and the levels are far longer than Dark's.

Also yes, no regional servers thank you, otherwise it would be really bad. The entire online community of souls is made up of Americans and Japanese people. There are so few europeans/australasians on here it would be horrendous to go back to regional servers :Z
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon May 14, 2012 1:01 pm

Serious_Much wrote:There are so few europeans/australasians on here it would be horrendous to go back to regional servers :Z
    Well then you guys need to back the game more. Psh, I've done my part, got 2 of my friends to buy it (so far)! How many friends did you convert to the Souls series? silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 14, 2012 1:32 pm

BLA1NE wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:There are so few europeans/australasians on here it would be horrendous to go back to regional servers :Z
    Well then you guys need to back the game more. Psh, I've done my part, got 2 of my friends to buy it (so far)! How many friends did you convert to the Souls series? silly

I've done 2, same as you. I don't really know enough people who play games for more than enjoyment though, or who buy as oppose to borrow games. I got it because I enjoy doing the challenge, other guys enjoy other aspects more, and don't think it's worth the hype silly
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon May 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Serious_Much wrote:[...]other guys enjoy other aspects more, and don't think it's worth the hype silly
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Look Skyward This is the only hype-worthy game!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Meh, some would disagree, and I can see where they're coming from, though I'd say they should give the game more of a chance.

The story is non-existent, the combat is basic and the game is unfair as well as stupidly difficult. This is how the see the game at face value, and they can't get past that to see how good the game truly is, sadly.

Like I said, they different games for various reasons. We don't all agree you see, except for when we play eachother at something like Fifa or mario kart silly
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon May 14, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with everything you just wrote--even though you were speaking from someone else's point of view! Anyone who says these things about Dark Souls needs to be corrected.

By the way: Mario Kart is a terrible example! I hate that game, it is the most biased and cheating, devious, piece of software ever created. "Oh, you're first are you, lemme just mess around with a few powerups here and... Oh no, now you're last! But hey, keep "racing", because in a few seconds I'll do the same thing to the current leader. Yeah, great game that is...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon May 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Meh, some would disagree, and I can see where they're coming from, though I'd say they should give the game more of a chance.

The story is non-existent, the combat is basic and the game is unfair as well as stupidly difficult. This is how the see the game at face value, and they can't get past that to see how good the game truly is, sadly.

Like I said, they different games for various reasons. We don't all agree you see, except for when we play eachother at something like Fifa or mario kart silly

i saw a video of demon's sould which was about two mins long and that alone made me wanna buy the game, the combat looked awesome, if anything i really do not get why people thingk tes is so good the melee has sucked for a long time. for me it's all about gameplay which is what demon's/dark souls is about, pure gameplay.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 14, 2012 2:09 pm

I know, but that's how it is, unless you get to know the workings of the game well, you can't see the depth of the combat, unless you truly search you can't see the lore and story surrounding you. This is just universal truth for people who don't like the game, sadly.

The fact is, if people try this game without fully intending to commit to playing it and seeing it through, they won't bother to continue once they hit the first obstacle. Just go onto places like Metacritic or amazon and look at the negative user reviews and you'll see it.

This forum sees the game through rose tinted specs, in here, if someone says the game's story is non-existant, they get called wrong while it's simply and opinion upon the fact that it's not brought to you in the normal manner. Everyone sees things differently, and there is no single truth for almost anything, that includes games.

Also I never used mario kart as an example, it's just that the only games we all (me/my friends) agree on liking and playing are games that you play with multiple people just for the hell of it like those two I stated. Also, the whole point of mario kart is that even the worst player has a chance, thats why it's fun silly
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon May 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I share your pain, Much. I tried to get my brother, another hardcore gamer, into Dark Souls.
    He rolled a Thief, managed to go unkilled till he reached Lordran... and got bored. Said I was overhyping the difficulty aspect of the game, and the challenge.

So now I'm trying with my cousin.
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Mon May 14, 2012 4:12 pm

I miss the BBS soo much, i want that back, and Flamelurker never gave me alot of trouble, TheManeaters however did (dont give me any crap about them being easy cause soem folks can shoot one thru the door, firghting them both was a pain in my ***, allways rolled off the walkway.

But I liked the BBS and miss that the most, and while i miss having second chance, i dont miss playing someone else that has it.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon May 14, 2012 5:16 pm

World Tendencies, with speciale events
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon May 14, 2012 6:39 pm

zzCLR2Rzz wrote:I miss the BBS soo much, i want that back, and Flamelurker never gave me alot of trouble, TheManeaters however did (dont give me any crap about them being easy cause soem folks can shoot one thru the door, firghting them both was a pain in my ***, allways rolled off the walkway.

But I liked the BBS and miss that the most, and while i miss having second chance, i dont miss playing someone else that has it.

God... The Maneater were a real nightmare to me. Same with the Flamelurker. I tried countless trategies against those two. They really made my life miserable for a time.

Something that I would love to see improved in the next series games is the world tendencies. It could be merged with covenant interactions or stuff like that.

For example if as a Sunbro you fail to help kill the boss then your world tendency turns black, or a gravelord cursing your world and changing it to a black one and the only way to make it white again is invading through his or her sign.

Other idea could be that while your world is in a pure black tendency, enemies are not just harder but also you can't summon anyone until you change it.

Just ideas ...
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Mon May 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Second Chance .

Prevents 1 hit killing and makes fights last longer . And you can have muliple "Rounds" of battles (Practice) .
    Yes it is easylie abused . But Unfair fights are no fun anyway Which one thing do you think they should bring back? - Page 2 3358384175 .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:39 am