Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Delvanoc
billy_bayonet
DamageCK
Spurgun
Iblis
9 posters

PvP - Locations

Iblis

PvP - Locations Empty PvP - Locations

Post by Iblis Tue May 15, 2012 10:44 am

Hey guys, im pretty new to the hole PvP scene in dark souls and i have played around 50+ invasions mostly in the forest. but just about 95% of everyone i meet use cheap tactics. spamming ethus, ganging up, using fog ring while standing on a ledge and simply push me out with force and several soley rely on lagstaps and backstaps. so my question is. is there an area where people arent such assholes? i like to PvP but i just dont find it fun to be lagstapped over and over. and couldent imaging it being fun for the player either. in advance thanks^^
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

PvP - Locations Empty Re: PvP - Locations

Post by Spurgun Tue May 15, 2012 10:48 am

if you’re looking for duels then the forest is definitely the wrong place, it is the toilet of dark souls PvP.
    you could go to the undead burg (upper), or painted world, or butterfly garden. it also depends on your sl, 120 is the most popular sl for dueling but you could also try 80 or 225. you could also join the FC here or just ask if anyone wants to duel.
    Iblis

Post by Iblis Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks! really happy to hear that its not like that all over the place^^ think i will try the upper burg happy thanks bro^^
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue May 15, 2012 10:54 am

NP, but you should still be ready to fight some assholes there too, the only way to really be sure is to fight with someone you know and make rules before you begin.
    Iblis

Post by Iblis Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 am

will do^^ had a semi bad experience with the first invasion was surrounded when i spawnede by 3 people and was kinda destroyed. but the second one was quite awesome^^ thanks. and ill try to be careful happy
    Iblis

Post by Iblis Tue May 15, 2012 11:20 am

Btw are the majority of DkS players asian? everyone i meet have asian names. with a few exceptions.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue May 15, 2012 11:22 am

i think that the majority are asian or american. it may be that all the asians are online now due to timesones
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

Like he said, the Burg is definitely the spot for 1v1 PvP. Be forewarned, in my experience it also seems to be a step up from all the other spots in terms of player skill. So if you think you're ready, head there and tear it up, but if you need some practice first, maybe hit the Kiln for a while until you're confident.
    Iblis

Post by Iblis Tue May 15, 2012 11:28 am

okay happy i did notice that i got my *** handed to me pretty efficiently. so think i might go try the kiln abit^^ thanks for all the assistance^^ its nice to know that not everyone are actively trying to be jerks:)
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue May 15, 2012 11:30 am

sens fortress is allways good to invade
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Tue May 15, 2012 11:53 am

I currently have run a string of nonstop hosting/invading (being invaded more often than not) at sl80 right by the second bonfire in dukes. Every single invader bowed and only one tried to use a humanity (he payed dearly for it). It is currently my spot to pvp. You get a great mix of builds to play against. Plus, its a great little arena, clear out the tables and chairs and the few mobs nearby and enjoy! Plus its right by the bf, easy recovery if you fail. Not much of a penalty for failing.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue May 15, 2012 1:38 pm

@OP:

Just a heads up about unwritten PvP rules:

- Bow before the fight
    - If your opponent is buffing before you've begun fighting, don't attack him while he does so
    - Don't heal during the fight
    - If you invade or are summoned to someone else's world and they are already engaged in a fight, wait your turn! Wait outside the arena (watch the fight, enjoy the show!) until someone's won, then jump in the arena when it's your turn to 1v1. Let the winner heal!

That's really pretty much it. I also like to avoid backstabbing as much as possible (in fact, I only do it if my opponent has done it to me first).
    Iblis

Post by Iblis Tue May 15, 2012 3:02 pm

thanks happy i already bow, allow buffing, etc everytime, eventho i often pay dearly for it. but im going to try dukes soon^^ sounds like a neat place to pvp^^
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Tue May 15, 2012 3:26 pm

PvP in the Burg is awesome. I somehow ended up in a FC. Manage to win 3 fights in a row. Gotta restock on humanity items.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue May 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Iblis wrote:thanks happy i already bow, allow buffing, etc everytime, eventho i often pay dearly for it. but im going to try dukes soon^^ sounds like a neat place to pvp^^
    Yeah... the fair buffing annoys me a little sometimes when my opponent abuses. Sunlight Blade, Power Within, Green Grass (+ Grass Crest Shield Look Skyward )... Well What is it Can we fight now?? I don't use any buffs, I just stand there waiting!
    techno_viking
    techno_viking

Post by techno_viking Tue May 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Most players will eventually do everything they can to win. You just need to prepare for these people. I agree that the forest is the toilet of pvp. I guess I would suggest fighting in the Kiln if you are looking for 1v1. I invade Anor Londo frequently because there are lots of groups of noobs there and you can win a 3v1 now and then which is pretty satisfying.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue May 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Whereever Fight Club is, that's the place to invade! Well, that and where the others said too.

BTW, welcome Iblis!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:01 am