Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Tolvo
bloodpixel
Yarxov
DamageCK
FruitPunchNinja
Glutebrah
skarekrow13
Kirk-Barb
Dubscythe
GrEeNgObLiN
User
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Rynn
19 posters

I'm generally getting tired of humanity.

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

I'm generally getting tired of humanity. - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm generally getting tired of humanity.

Post by Yarxov Mon May 21, 2012 5:45 pm

I agree with Rynn but on a more global and less video game perspective.
    for example, the US could save lives and potentially half the car crashes in intersections by making Yellow lights longer. Why don't they? Money from tickets.
    Money > life -motto of USofA

25,000 die each day from starvation. This is not from lack of food, but lack of money.
    again, Money > life

Humanity has not lost its prime natural instinct; to ensure YOUR survival. We do not care about other humans as much as we think. As a whole humanity is selfish, arrogant primates who simply destroy.
    People are cruel and kill so they can be a few bucks richer. If you could die for a stranger to save their life many would not. You may claim you would, but you wouldn't. I may say I would, but if it were to happen, I know I wouldnt. We simply dont work that way.

-end of confusing and piecemeal-ed rant, +1 to Rynn for kindof identifying that humans suck.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

I'm generally getting tired of humanity. - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm generally getting tired of humanity.

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon May 21, 2012 9:08 pm

rynn if you only look at the negative things in life then the world and the people in it will come off negative.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon May 21, 2012 9:24 pm

This sounds like one of those corny movie villain lines.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 21, 2012 9:36 pm

This is pretty much why I don't play Dark Souls anymore Rynn, I agree with you. I always though maybe I was making a difference and helping to better some people, but I wasn't. That was sort of my entire appeal to Forest Hunting, punishing the guilty while also trying to reform them when I can. But it just won't work. This forum's community is great, but the full player base is just too much for me. If others want to keep trying power to them, but for the time being I've seen too much and I'm retired from online gaming for the time being.

I guess I'm just rambling though, as most of this post has little to do with this thread.

Basically I agree with you Rynn. I'm a fellow Knight in Sour Armor.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon May 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Why must everything be black and white?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Because I enjoy more Black and White films than those that are colored.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 21, 2012 9:43 pm

so much +1 in this thread it's hurting my eyes. lol!

To be fair though, you learn from playing even just one game online, the best stuff will be exploited as a way to help the player to an easier victory, I remember even on my friend's Need for speed underground 2 online, the only thing anyone ever used was either the skyline or MX5... :|

I just wish people could see that using other things than what is best actually creates a fun to the game that winning alone cannot bring

Last edited by Serious_Much on Mon May 21, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Well, I just got ganked. I guess you could consider it ***** but it isn't any fun getting ganked. :|
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Serious that is why I believe in the phrase, "Tiers are for Queers." While I really wish a better word that is perceived as an insult when it is not could replace that, it's a phrase I absolutely love for what it means.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon May 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Tolvo, you might wanna use the tropes way of saying it. The stop having fun guys and the scrubs
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Ah the Tropes have a less offensive way of saying it? I'll search what you just said in a moment.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon May 21, 2012 10:07 pm

I think I'm done with this game for a while also. Seems like the community is steadily devolving, and it's not fun to have to simply "ignore" the parts of it that annoy me. I can ignore a good portion of bull ****, but it's approaching a point that makes the game essentially unplayable for me. There's no reason to brush off four rounds of garbage to get one good one when I could just play a different game altogether. I really hope From takes that into consideration when they make DkS2.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Well really that's not something they have, or could ever have control over. It's mostly down to the people that play their games, they could put some sort of honor system in but then that would just get abused. The only hope is for the players to become nicer towards one another, but it's highly unlikely.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon May 21, 2012 10:37 pm

They could easily change the functionality of things based on whether you're in PvE or PvP play. If you get invaded, certain miracles don't work, or don't work the same way, at least. Seems like the vast majority of the development went toward PvE, which is great, but then they just sort of made PvP possible and left it at that. PvP is probably the reason most of us still play, and I'd just like to see them give more attention to the PvP element of this game in the future.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue May 22, 2012 1:26 am

im positive from will improve the next games pvp. demons souls was popular but not nearly as many people really played online. dark souls has sold tons of copys all over the world and pvp was part of that. im sure fromsoft will try and balance it more, but like you're all saying some people are just annoying. if you let people make you angry then those people(they can be a group) end up controlling you. i only really dislike the trolls because they make it impossible for newer players to get into pvp, meaning less legit pvp for me. thats about it. if i let other peoples behavior effect my ability to enjoy something then theres going to be a lot of things i will miss out on because of other people. ignoring them can be hard, but mainly you just have to try and not let them make you angry.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue May 22, 2012 1:33 am

DamageCK wrote:If you get invaded, certain miracles don't work, or don't work the same way, at least.

I could understand this for the red soap stone for consented duels, but this makes no logical sense in the games setting. I don't think from was trying to make a hand holdy game, where everyone plays peacefully under the same rules, thats what fight clubs and other events are for. This game is meant to be cut throat.

Like fruitpunch said, as an invader you have nothing at risk. Sure the spells and tactics are abused mostly by famers, but if they were neglected entirely then it wouldn't be fair to the people just trying to play. People seem to forget that this game isn't meant to be a PVP arena, that is why it feels like its focused on pve. If you have played demons souls you would not think they just made pvp functional and left it. SO much was improved upon, some would say good things got removed but they did work on it to try to improve it/balance it.

I'm not trying to rag on you, just saying what I think.. but it sounds like all this stuff you want to see will be introduced in the new arenas in the dark souls dlc/pc release. So its really not a big deal, From heard us, I just hope they don't decide to take their good attention away from pve just to please the minority of pvp'ers.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Tue May 22, 2012 1:59 am

I agree with you op. But tonight I had some of my faith in humanity restored. I was invadeing in the kiln and I kept killing these two guys pretty badly, I started to feel bad. Rather than hate mail I received messages from them asking me how they could improve and how they could beat me. I was honestly shocked. For one it made me feel like I was actually good at pvp big grin. I helped them the best I could and even practiced parries and backstabs using fists with one of them. Don't worry I informed him that backstabs should only be used against gankers or fishers.

It was some of the most fun I have had pvping in awhile. 5 min later I was ganked repeatedly and asked if I was "mad".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:48 am