Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Jovias-86
WyrmHero
6 posters

My experiences as a newbie in the Burg

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

My experiences as a newbie in the Burg Empty My experiences as a newbie in the Burg

Post by WyrmHero Wed May 23, 2012 1:36 am

I've been dueling at the Burg for the past days and I wanted to share some points that are obvious to PvP veterans, but not so obvious to new players looking for some PvP action.

-The fights rely heavily on roll backstab. Every false swing you make, you'll get punished by this technique. I'm still trying to learn it but I can't seem to connect one, so I'm relying on keeping a distance and roll as much as I can.

-Some players won't let you buff your weapon, even after they had bowed. They will attack you during buffing. If this happens, suicide or let them kill you and buff your weapon as soon as you invade/get summoned.

-You'll meet gankers, as every other area of DkS. If this happens suicide by rolling down to the gap next to the little wooden bridge, this way the can't get your humanity.

-You will sometimes find a host dueling with another player, if so try to wait for the fight to end. This way you can keep the Burg as an honorable place to duel.

Veteran suggestions are very welcome.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

My experiences as a newbie in the Burg Empty Re: My experiences as a newbie in the Burg

Post by Jovias-86 Wed May 23, 2012 8:21 am

Im no veteran... but yeah im practicing roll BS at burg off late winking
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

My experiences as a newbie in the Burg Empty Re: My experiences as a newbie in the Burg

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 23, 2012 8:24 am

hey wyrm if your on 2nite ill let you practice roll bs on me, just dont use a strong weapon lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed May 23, 2012 8:26 am

"You'll meet gankers, as every other area of DkS. If this happens suicide by rolling down to the gap next to the little wooden bridge, this way the can't get your humanity."

This applies to Dark Wraiths, as well I believe that you should try to kill them if you are confident enough, otherwise yes do a jump suicide if they are too close.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 23, 2012 9:32 am

FC has spoiled you for BS. It's time to learn how to avoid them. So, time your moves well. Don't do moves with a long recovery time often. And gauge your distance well. If you see someone constantly strafing and not attacking, they are probably trying to BS you.

Bait a BS attempt, by purposely missing (they are too far away) and punishing their failed roll BS attempt.

Learn to counter BS.

Roll ASAP after every missed attack (or an attack that doesn't stun).

Havels = poisestab. Put your back to the wall. It's kinda funny to see their reaction. Some people won't know what to do, and will still try to BS you.

If someone parry spams, simply walk behind them and BS.

Buff your weapon ASAP.

Try hosting and being invaded instead of invading.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 23, 2012 9:57 am

ha we had a bs fisher last night at fc, so i put my back to teh wall and he did the scratch his head animation, i could tell he had some sense of humour, so he went all swing happy, he got a great scythe through the chest
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed May 23, 2012 1:09 pm

i pvp in the burg a lot. i am kinda one of those people who wont let others buffs, but if i notice the persons weapon doesnt even scale i will let them the next time. idk how that started but in the burg its kinda normal to go up and kick someone who buffs. i used to go up and give them a few wacks(only like 20hp) but now i just go up and kick them.

one of the reasons you are getting backstabed so much might have a lot to do with the fact your using a buff actually. i know i do, and others do also,but backstabs are kind of a counter to buffs since they both do so much dmg. there are some pro *** japanese players and other players who can roll bs anything. i dont even use pyro anymore unless i have 45 dex. anything that is slow will most likely get you killed. i think this is why pierce weapons and katanas are so popular in the burg.and elsewhere.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed May 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Yeah, they get scared of my 1000 AR CMW Great Club haha silly
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed May 23, 2012 2:32 pm

as they should be lol. i like that build you got going, i was thinking of copying it a bit lol i like the burg more then any other area, at least people dont run away, and i dont get people trying to finish the fight with wrath too often. thats part of why i hate the forest, some of the best parts of fights are when one or both people are low on health(so why not end that fun immediately by spamming wrath..) oh well thats one of the things i need to improve upon is roll timing for wrath.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 23, 2012 4:07 pm

ive faced that greatclub! its not that scary........honest.......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 2:32 pm