Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Forum Pirate
befowler
Quarik
billy_bayonet
Majikero07
Al1000
GkMrBane
RANT
Serious_Much
Tolvo
KomradDakka
FruitPunchNinja
16 posters

No backstab/riposte zones(glitch)

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

No backstab/riposte zones(glitch) - Page 2 Empty Re: No backstab/riposte zones(glitch)

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 23, 2012 4:32 pm

sweeet, i only have 120 builds, add me on psn if you can billy-bayonet
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

No backstab/riposte zones(glitch) - Page 2 Empty Re: No backstab/riposte zones(glitch)

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed May 23, 2012 4:43 pm

im thinking the reason for this is so that it doesnt glitch the hell out if you backstab or parry and then the bridge/elevator moves. cause you would be locked in that animation and the floor underneath you would move.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 23, 2012 4:45 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:im thinking the reason for this is so that it doesnt glitch the hell out if you backstab or parry and then the bridge/elevator moves. cause you would be locked in that animation and the floor underneath you would move.
    That would make alot of sense, seeing as you could get BS'd by an invader while a phantom turns the bridge and then you all die?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed May 23, 2012 4:57 pm

The two doing the BS would die, but the turner wouldn't.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 23, 2012 4:58 pm

but if one of them was the host, then its kaput for everyone is it not?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed May 23, 2012 5:02 pm

The invader will get a reward then, while the others get souls for the death of the invader.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Its a Lmao! senerio anyway.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 23, 2012 5:04 pm

hmmm eitha way wooooooooooooooo
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 23, 2012 5:15 pm

You, sir, deserve the adoration of over 9000 internets. This is amazing.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 23, 2012 5:16 pm

quick someone give him a hat or something!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed May 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Nice video. I coop through Anor Londo constantly and had noticed this on the rotating stairs. Didn't realize it was somewhat trackable with a soapstone/invasion item. Another possibility therefore is the bonfire room in the Burg, although with where the fog gates pop up it is seemingly impossible to have a pvp match in there (a known bug is getting stuck in the room with an invader on the other side of the fog gates). But you can sit in there all day in human form and not get invaded until you leave, nor can you put a sign down in there.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Befowler- Those are just non-invasion zones, much like Andre's building and upper Anor Londo.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 23, 2012 6:00 pm

i think its just places with moveable archtecture
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed May 23, 2012 6:16 pm

web here is shoddy, so the video doesnt work, but i gather that its the turntable in the center of londo?

Sounds tremendously dull. Roll, poke, repeat. Thrust weapon heaven.

I'd never go anywhere near there without twop attuned to deal with said weapons. The dgm will never hit otherwise, and kats are completely worthless once the buff fades.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed May 23, 2012 6:39 pm

lol yea forum when i went to test for myself it became a turtle duel between me and the invader. i ended up getting him but it was one of the most boring fights ive ever had.

he even mentions at the end of the vid that dark souls just isnt the same without backstabs and ripostes.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed May 23, 2012 8:06 pm

umm what about the dark hands r2? its a "grab" attack like a bs or riposte so i figure the same rules (or breaking of them) apply...

and for turtles... poison and dung pies. also kicks and strike weapons do well for guard breaks, maybe we'll finally have a place where clubs do better than other weapons!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed May 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Ready for everyone to start having FCs in the same place. . .

On the blighttown waterwheel.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed May 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Its not even turtles, any half decent duelist with a chaos pike or demons spear and the dwgr is neigh unhittable in the best of circumstances. And I can't parry properly or bs an attempt to moss.

Spears dont need more advantages. Nevermind the weapons like the bkga that so severly outrange most things and hit harder than the stats would indicate, where the best response is to parry or roll bs, or the great club roll r1 spammers I can't punish for being overly agressive.

No, I do believe I'll do as I always have and stay away from places I cant crit in when necessary.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed May 23, 2012 9:26 pm

You can still parry, simply you won't get a huge damage hike, but instead will open them up for your strongest attack. And you can still hit people from behind, just not during rolls anymore and with less damage.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed May 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:Ready for everyone to start having FCs in the same place. . .

On the blighttown waterwheel.

that would actually be kinda fun, i wanna try it now.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed May 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Look Skyward THAT explains a lot! I knew something must be wrong when I kept missing back-to-back ripostes for no reason on the rotating bridge... Never actually connected the dots and figured it was a "no crit" zone (probably more: no grab attack zone).

Thanks for elucidating the mystery!
    Al1000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Al1000 Thu May 24, 2012 3:11 am

Last night I was playing a lot on AL bridge with my strength build. I must say this BS-Free place is perfect for strength characters. What is really great now you can use R2 attack on all cool strength weapons, without fear being backstabed. I was quite surprised that fights did not long so much time. Of course when I was playing turtle then marathon began. I also believe that magic folk would have some advantage on that bridge too.
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WorldSlayerPIKA Thu May 24, 2012 10:58 am

Good News Indeed!!!!!

Whats your suggestion to fight on that rotating stairs in AL - Outside of Fight Club? I think being a Darkmoon and being summoned through Darkmoon-Ring is NOT the best Idead....
    Al1000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Al1000 Thu May 24, 2012 11:14 am

WorldSlayerPIKA wrote:Good News Indeed!!!!!

Whats your suggestion to fight on that rotating stairs in AL - Outside of Fight Club? I think being a Darkmoon and being summoned through Darkmoon-Ring is NOT the best Idead....

The best way to fight in AL bridge as a host. You can wait for invaders and you decide where fight is going to take place, platform or stairs. If you want some tactical advatage you will wait invader right on where rotating bridge begins. So, your opponent is coming to you from direction of fog and would be vulnerable to BS attack happy , you wouldn't :evil:
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu May 24, 2012 1:03 pm

lol Al1000, never that would be in poor taste lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:54 pm