Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Eolan
SunlightCrusader
Shkar
WyrmHero
8 posters

Is that you, Velka?

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Is that you, Velka? Empty Is that you, Velka?

Post by WyrmHero Wed May 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Are you taking the form of a giant crow? I'm wondering because your fellow crow demons from Painted World drop Souvenirs of Reprisal, and you know those are the ears of the guilty, right? Also your little friend Snuggly gives me one of them in exchange for the Pendant. You aren't that talking crow....right? I'm wondering what happens if I drop something in your little nest of Firelink...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Is that you, Velka? Empty Re: Is that you, Velka?

Post by Shkar Wed May 23, 2012 6:58 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Are you taking the form of a giant crow? I'm wondering because your fellow crow demons from Painted World drop Souvenirs of Reprisal, and you know those are the ears of the guilty, right? Also your little friend Snuggly gives me one of them in exchange for the Pendant. You aren't that talking crow....right? I'm wondering what happens if I drop something in your little nest of Firelink...

I don't think Snuggly is the giant crow. I think Snuggly is one of the eggs in the nest at the Asylum.

Which, if the giant crow IS Velka, that makes the Snuggly another one of her children? Which came first, the God of War or the egg?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed May 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Would that not then suggest that Velka in some way seeks the Age of Darkness? By delivering you to Lordran but not offering direction as other deities do she has to know you will likely drift towards the dark of humanity. She is described as a rogue deity but what would she stand to gain? Also Snuggly's nest is way too small for the giant crow as shown by its nests you can curl up in.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 23, 2012 8:38 pm

God thats so obscurely obvious but its entirely plausible. Could easily be...
    Sentinel of Lightning

Post by Sentinel of Lightning Wed May 23, 2012 10:28 pm

This lore is so damn confusing. Can gods sin? Maybe this is the reason for Velka going rogue. Gwyn was getting too abusive with his power? I still see a connection with Velka and Gwyndolin.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed May 23, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm skeptical simply because I don't see why Velka would be able to shape shift.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed May 23, 2012 10:33 pm

Sentinel of Lightning wrote:This lore is so damn confusing. Can gods sin? Maybe this is the reason for Velka going rogue. Gwyn was getting too abusive with his power? I still see a connection with Velka and Gwyndolin.

Their domains appear to overlap. Perhaps Velka is considered a "rogue deity" because she supports humanity and the Age of Darkness in direct opposition to Gwyndolin and the other deities. But once again that raises the question as to why. Perhaps as you said she considered the self serving actions of her fellow deities a sin and decided to stay true to her domain therefore earning the aforementioned title. Of course this is all speculation but most stuff is in Dark Souls.

Edit: @Buggy Virus- Maybe that was always her form. We have no indication to her form as far as I know so anything is possible. Gwyndolin has squirmy tentacle legs so who is to say a god can't be a crow?
    Sentinel of Lightning

Post by Sentinel of Lightning Wed May 23, 2012 10:40 pm

And if Velka once being the wife of Gwyn is true, maybe that's where the characteristics are from. Still don't what Fina's part in all of this is. She seems to be on Humanity's side unless she is gone and Lautrec is randomly killing firekeepers for the humanity.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Sentinel of Lightning wrote:And if Velka once being the wife of Gwyn is true, maybe that's where the characteristics are from. Still don't what Fina's part in all of this is. She seems to be on Humanity's side unless she is gone and Lautrec is randomly killing firekeepers for the humanity.

But what I want to know is what any deity has to gain from ending the Age of Fire? Do they truly simply desire to help humanity? Is there some form of darker benefits that these "lesser" deities that we don't know about? Or perhaps they simply want to cast down the Gwyn and his ilk because they resent his power? I don't know honestly I'm just posing the relevent questions that come to mind.
    Sentinel of Lightning

Post by Sentinel of Lightning Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Well think of the primordial serpents. They've been manipulating things since the ancient times. There is no good ending because I feel as if you'll become Kaathe's little puppet. Velka is a god of Carim. Maybe the age of fire doesn't include her. Maybe it only includes only Nito, Gwyn and his chilluns. I bet she has nothing to lose from the age of fire ending.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed May 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Sentinel of Lightning wrote:Well think of the primordial serpents. They've been manipulating things since the ancient times. There is no good ending because I feel as if you'll become Kaathe's little puppet. Velka is a god of Carim. Maybe the age of fire doesn't include her. Maybe it only includes only Nito, Gwyn and his chilluns. I bet she has nothing to lose from the age of fire ending.

Perhaps you are right. That would also explain Lautrec's actions because he is bound to Fina. You may be on to something there.
    Sentinel of Lightning

Post by Sentinel of Lightning Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Or it could be that Gwyn is not a true god like Fina and Velka are. I can't remember but I think the Carim gods predate the Lordran gods. I personally believe Gwyn was just a human who stumbled upon the lord souls. So there could have been a war between the Carim and Lordran gods.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed May 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Sentinel of Lightning wrote:Or it could be that Gwyn is not a true god like Fina and Velka are. I can't remember but I think the Carim gods predate the Lordran gods. I personally believe Gwyn was just a human who stumbled upon the lord souls. So there could have been a war between the Carim and Lordran gods.

That would explain what they have to gain but then there is the issue of apparent cooperation by Gwyndolin and Velka; Velka maintains records of the guilty and Gwyndolin arranges their punishment. Every time a question is answered a new one arises, sometimes multiple new ones.Is that you, Velka? 2707236321
    Sentinel of Lightning

Post by Sentinel of Lightning Thu May 24, 2012 12:07 am

Alright how about this. Velka is not an enemy of Gwyn. Instead she is an enemy of Fina. Remember Oswald, a bishop of Velka, is in the same building as where Lautrec is locked up. So Velka is a rogue goddess to the Carim gods. Also, I believe Gwynovere eventually joined Flann, who I think is a god of Carim also. I mean you can't have two flame gods from one place.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 am

Sentinel of Lightning wrote:Alright how about this. Velka is not an enemy of Gwyn. Instead she is an enemy of Fina. Remember Oswald, a bishop of Velka, is in the same building as where Lautrec is locked up. So Velka is a rogue goddess to the Carim gods. Also, I believe Gwynovere eventually joined Flann, who I think is a god of Carim also. I mean you can't have two flame gods from one place.

Flame and sun are two different but related domains. However the first bit would make a certain amount of sense. I just wish we had more concrete evidence and didn't always have to grasp at straws. I enjoy hunting for answers but I mean look at us basing everything on evidence that could barely be considered circumstantial. But regardless if Carim gods and Lordran gods are different then what makes them so? I know you said Carim's were older and that Lordran's draw their power from souls but that begs the question: Where did Carim's come from? If they are truly different then where does their power come from. Velka and Fina clearly have some power, at least as much as Gwyn and his ilk did in their prime. However by your logic their power would not be fading due to seperate origins which would explain Lautrec's actions and if Velka is the crow (which was the original topic) her actions. The Age of Darkness may not be an age of humans at all but an age of the gods of Carim if you are correct.
    Sentinel of Lightning

Post by Sentinel of Lightning Thu May 24, 2012 12:38 am

I wasn't trying to imply that the age of darkness is going to be the age of Carim even though it drifted that way. I personally don't believe the Crow is Velka though it would make sense in a way. I'm trying to remember where exactly I heard Carim gods predated Gwyn. Possibly the ENB's videos. In the opening, only the four lords were mentioned which leaves me to believe they are separate from the other gods and were all at one point humans, the four lords atleast. But still, there are the Dragons which screws this whole theory up.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 24, 2012 12:39 am

Wyrm had a theory that the 4 lord souls were given to the 4 non dragons, Gwyn and the gods, Nito and the dead, the witch and the demons and the pygmy and humanity.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu May 24, 2012 12:48 am

DoughGuy wrote:Wyrm had a theory that the 4 lord souls were given to the 4 non dragons, Gwyn and the gods, Nito and the dead, the witch and the demons and the pygmy and humanity.

Ah hey there Dough. Nice of you to come by; perhaps you could fill in some of the blanks. I have to go but perhaps you can figure some of this out.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 24, 2012 12:52 am

Sorry but I have too much work to spend a lot of time in the archives. Only popping in when I remember stuff.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 24, 2012 5:33 am

Very interesting the theory of different species of gods. The gods of Carim maybe different from the gods of Lordran, but I think is better to think that all the gods lived in Anor Londo, with the exception of Velka, which was the rogue goddess.
    We see some stuff from Carim in New Londo, including the Cursebite Ring, a Rare Ring of Sacrifice and the Parrying Dagger. The notable person is the Earl of Carim, which maybe the king of the region. Maybe he would want the Age of Darkness?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 24, 2012 3:12 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Are you taking the form of a giant crow? I'm wondering because your fellow crow demons from Painted World drop Souvenirs of Reprisal, and you know those are the ears of the guilty, right? Also your little friend Snuggly gives me one of them in exchange for the Pendant. You aren't that talking crow....right? I'm wondering what happens if I drop something in your little nest of Firelink...

I like this logic a lot. I think it makes a lot more sense than theorizing that the crow is related. Wasn't it theorized that Velka and the other gods were at odds with each other? Would make perfect sense if Velka takes an active role in aiding the chosen undead to end Gwyn for good. Under this rational you could also assume that Oscar is a follower of Velka couldn't you?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 am