Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
reim0027
Tolvo
Serious_Much
MsCherryBlossom
Spurgun
Ghadis_God
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
RANT
jjshowal
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WarriorOfBenOwnage
GkMrBane
Wisp
Dubscythe
billy_bayonet
Eolan
Jovias-86
Reaperfan
JoeBroski09
cloudyeki
Quarik
Imarreteet23
bloodpixel
Forum Pirate
29 posters

The gear, and why its seen like it is.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The gear, and why its seen like it is. - Page 5 Empty Re: The gear, and why its seen like it is.

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 12:28 pm

By anything short of cheating, I was referencing hackers and save modders. Thats why I said cheating. "Cheap" or not, its only cheating if its breaking or modifying the rules of the game.

So by "anything short of cheating" i meant "anything short of intentionally breaking or modifying the original limits of the games coding"
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The gear, and why its seen like it is. - Page 5 Empty Re: The gear, and why its seen like it is.

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:I don't think I fit as either Heavy, Medium, or Fast class of Player. Hm.

Again, basic types. Others exist but they're based on one or 2 of the 3.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Tue May 29, 2012 12:33 pm

I was unaware you were referencing them, I didn't read anywhere of you doing so. Or I over read the part, my fault if I did.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 pm

I don't mention them anywhere but that 1 sentence. Specificly because none of the things I mentioned in the article are cheating. Sorry about the confusion. I'll see about editing it to be more clear on my meaning.

Thanks for bringing the ambiguity to my attention.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 1:06 pm

I think majority of people who plays online pirate are a combo of fast and heavy, using DWGR/Ring of favour/havels lol
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 1:15 pm

No doubt about it. It is seriously broken. With some armor tweaks it wouldn't be, but atm, it is for sure. Should have only gone to 35 or 40% imo. Force either a medium armor set or seriously end gouging to use heavy and still move fast. 120 lb equip weight with dwgr would be 48 pounds at 40 and 42 at 35. If you're using heavy armor there, you must be using light weapons.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I think majority of people who plays online pirate are a combo of fast and heavy, using DWGR/Ring of favour/havels lol
    Majority?... Yeah.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue May 29, 2012 1:20 pm

I think the dwgr is a mistake on their part it needs scrapping if you ask me. Its not as if light builds have a ring that can rob the perks of being a heavy. But the heavy's get both worlds. Its a shame.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Wolfs does exactly that. Mid gloves and feet + wolfs. 56-76 poise, low weight.

It doesn't work as well as the dwgr, but were the dwgr 35% instead of 50% it would.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Wolfs does exactly that. Mid gloves and feet + wolfs. 56-76 poise, low weight.

It doesn't work as well as the dwgr, but were the dwgr 35% instead of 50% it would.
    That's me. Pyromancer hood, chest, Dark Gloves, Pants + Wolf's ring = Badassery, 58 poise, and a true fast roll. I like it over the DWGR roll. And I'm not dressed up like everyone and their mothers.... Though, I get hit harder than them.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 1:30 pm

I think just DWGR being usable with only medium armour would be a better solution. No stupid poise, but still a decent amount of weight, or something like at a max equip weight like 35/40 something like that.

Problem is though, due to lag in online, even if you're a light armour build, it's always gonna be beneficial to have DWGR as dodging with it is so much easier than with light roll.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue May 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Wolfs does exactly that. Mid gloves and feet + wolfs. 56-76 poise, low weight.

I find that ring slots are far more valuable on the lighter builds, so its a nuisance.

Wolf Ring doesnt work as well, and it makes me think from are discouraging the lighter builds in favour of space marine heavys. I say scrap the dwgr because it streamlines classes a bit too much.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Problem is though, due to lag in online, even if you're a light armour build, it's always gonna be beneficial to have DWGR as dodging with it is so much easier than with light roll.
    Yep. With Lag as it is, distance > faster roll. Though, I think there is a way to take advantage of the faster roll of the default to get in more attacks. As in, don't lock on, roll past them, and swing behind you. Works half of the time, it seems, as most people seem to be used to facing off against DWGR rolls.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 1:37 pm

How to fix it is really a pointless debate though. (I know I started it but shhh!)

My point was that light builds do in fact get a ring that gives similar benifits to heavy armor. Its just not as good as the dwgr so its overlooked.

Without the dwgr, wolfs would be the super broken ring of the year for making heavy armor "useless"
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Without the dwgr, wolfs would be the super broken ring of the year for making heavy armor "useless"

No way, then everyone would complain about havel's ring because you could have full medium armour with fast roll silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 1:39 pm

You could always do that. Thats what demons was built on, ring or no ring.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Tue May 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Wolf would never make heavy armour useless. You can't get to 76 poise and have a light roll with endurance at 40 when using the wolf ring.

EDIT: Well, you probably can and get left with about 2 equip load.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue May 29, 2012 1:47 pm

I mean ignoring the mechanics it makes the game look stupid. Seeing someone ninja flip around the place dressed as a german tiger tank is seriously illusion shattering.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 1:50 pm

wolf+ havels would be the new dwgr+havels. All the poise, all the movement speed.

http://tinyurl.com/86jv9fu

Proof of concept
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Eolan wrote:I mean ignoring the mechanics it makes the game look stupid. Seeing someone ninja flip around the place dressed as a german tiger tank is seriously illusion shattering.

Please stop. I'm allowing theoretical discussion now because people are debating the specific mechanics (citing specific numbers when necessary) in a civil manner, that could improve my articles. You are not contributing in a similarly helpful way.

You are free to post here, but you are not free to unhelpfully bash things. I would be highly displeased if i couldn't improve the thread because a flame war gets it locked.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Tue May 29, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Contributing nothing? I'll show you contributing nothing!

I saw a play recently, of Mice and Men. The Lenny in it was 6'4, and weight around 220 lbs. I saw him swing from a tree, walk on his hands, and do a front flip! You say it's unrealistic, but there is a guy who could actually do it. Cool guy too, him and I talked over a bit of acting magic after the play.

But yes, my pointless story aside leave Forum to his going over of mechanics, gears, and other parts of the game in as objective of a manner as possible without causing things to become some sort of debate.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Eolan wrote:I mean ignoring the mechanics it makes the game look stupid. Seeing someone ninja flip around the place dressed as a german tiger tank is seriously illusion shattering.

Please stop. I'm allowing theoretical discussion now because people are debating the specific mechanics (citing specific numbers when necessary) in a civil manner, that could improve my articles. You are not contributing in a similarly helpful way.

You are free to post here, but you are not free to unhelpfully bash things. I would be highly displeased if i couldn't improve the thread because a flame war gets it locked.

I also need to correct him that the german tank he is referring to is a "Panzer", just thought it should be said silly

Also Tolvo, it's realistic with no heavy armour on, but to you think flipping around in a suit of armour that doubles your weight is realistic? I don't think so personally lol!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:wolf+ havels would be the new dwgr+havels. All the poise, all the movement speed.

Proof of concept

Thing is though Pirate, I would actually prefer that, at least then people would use armour that isn't ugly as *** (except maybe mask of father for even more equip weight silly)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Back on topic though, as I see it light/medium would be the new mid/heavy with the havels+wolfs being its basis. Less effective, but only slightly. Heavier weapons wouldn't see as much use though. 10lbs and under would be the limit unless you felt like end gouging or losing that poise.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:wolf+ havels would be the new dwgr+havels. All the poise, all the movement speed.

Proof of concept

Thing is though Pirate, I would actually prefer that, at least then people would use armour that isn't ugly as *** (except maybe mask of father for even more equip weight silly)
    Catarina is pretty horrendus, and one of the better sets

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:26 pm