Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Carphil
Akatik
6 posters

Why pick the Iron Round Shield over the Silver Knight Shield?

Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why pick the Iron Round Shield over the Silver Knight Shield? Empty Why pick the Iron Round Shield over the Silver Knight Shield?

Post by Akatik Thu May 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Aside from looks and being unique, of course.

The wiki says that the shield is capable of heavy deflection, but what does that mean?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Why pick the Iron Round Shield over the Silver Knight Shield? Empty Re: Why pick the Iron Round Shield over the Silver Knight Shield?

Post by Carphil Thu May 24, 2012 1:56 pm

It means when someone attacks one handed, you will repel the weapon and they will stagger, just like it happens with Greatshields
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Why pick the Iron Round Shield over the Silver Knight Shield? Empty Re: Why pick the Iron Round Shield over the Silver Knight Shield?

Post by RANT Thu May 24, 2012 1:59 pm

and because of what carphil said you can kick some *** with it if youre using a thrust weapon with leo ring. its like having a great shield that can parry, 68 stability is more than enough.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Thu May 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Ohh, I think I need to go kill Shiva then.
    Thanks.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Thu May 24, 2012 5:29 pm

I left the Forest Hunters after I bought everything I needed from Shiva. Now, they are the only covenant I remember that say "it is impossible" to rejoin/come back to them.

I just left them for another covenant (I didn't kill anyone important) I can still rejoin them, right? Just like the other covenants?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu May 24, 2012 5:31 pm

go to oswald and absolve your sin
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu May 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Round shield for PVE Silver for PVP.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 24, 2012 5:59 pm

GkMrBane wrote:Round shield for PVE Silver for PVP.

i dont know about that dude, i myself prefer the heater shield and dark hand but i dont really block, i like blind parries and the dark hand/heater shield is a good combo to have.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu May 24, 2012 6:06 pm

RantFromRant wrote:

i dont know about that dude, i myself prefer the heater shield and dark hand but i dont really block, i like blind parries and the dark hand/heater shield is a good combo to have.

When you block with a great shield it causes a stager animation depending on the deflection type. AKA defelection doesnt exist when using a shiedl against another player it only takes effect against NPC's
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu May 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Heavy Deflection while cause a stager animation against enemies like Black knight's/Manserpents and other heavy hitters just not some bosses or mini bosses.

EDIT just to clarify Deflection only applies to NPC's and other enemies NOT players.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 24, 2012 6:19 pm

GkMrBane wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:

When you block with a great shield it causes a stager animation depending on the deflection type. AKA defelection doesnt exist when using a shiedl against another player it only takes effect against NPC's

try using a halberd one handed and attack someone using the iron shield and see what happens.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu May 24, 2012 6:21 pm

GkMrBane wrote:Heavy Deflection while cause a stager animation against enemies like Black knight's/Manserpents and other heavy hitters just not some bosses or mini bosses.

EDIT just to clarify Deflection only applies to NPC's and other enemies NOT players.

dude, it does to players too, but they must attack one handed.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu May 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Carphil wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:Heavy Deflection while cause a stager animation against enemies like Black knight's/Manserpents and other heavy hitters just not some bosses or mini bosses.

NNoo wayyy I have to test this now. We could have been using this to stun those pesky katana user's all along.

Ok block a Black knight with a medium shield then try the Iron shield and see the difference.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri May 25, 2012 3:30 am

GkMrBane wrote:
    Carphil wrote:

NNoo wayyy I have to test this now. We could have been using this to stun those pesky katana user's all along.

Ok block a Black knight with a medium shield then try the Iron shield and see the difference.
    Katanas don't get deflected, sadly. At least, I don't believe so. Bleed gets through greatshields because katanas don't deflect. Unless they use an R2 thrust, I believe. Someone either correct me or back me up?
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Fri May 25, 2012 10:23 am

BTW, because I didn't kill anyone the first time I left Forest Hunters, it was really simple to rejoin. I just ran up to the cat and rejoined.

Although, after Shiva and his ninja took a Gravelord Greatsword Dance to the face, I doubt that they will let me back in so easily next time.

I like the Iron Round Shield for PvE so far. In fact, I've already started the upgrade path down fire (80% at +10). Pretty good so far and it goes awesome with my new armor.

Eastern chest, Crown of dusk, Crimson gauntlets and Legs. Everything just goes together so well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:27 am