Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Wisp
Shkar
Rynn
7 posters

Won't be here long, just dropping a tip off.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Won't be here long, just dropping a tip off. Empty Won't be here long, just dropping a tip off.

Post by Rynn Thu May 24, 2012 10:16 pm

All you MLB/SLB users need to pick up a dagger. 14 dex for the parrying is actually a good choice. Shove your DMB on that baby and just swing. It's too fast for people to casually just parry, and it's R2's do pierce damage, thusforth it's low base damage goes a lot further. Here is my current faith build, it's gotten me really far as of right now.
    http://tinyurl.com/cg6gbwp
    Yes that is a mask.
    Yes that is 3 wrath of gods.
    Yes That is 77 poise on a mini maxed char.
    When parrying I use the Ascended flame for a great combustion, it's 900 damage and sometimes you'll hit a person who is slow to react twice. Two Firestorms for gankers. Highly effective from my perspective, beats most fair duelists, and even most gankings fail, spam Firestorm for TWoP and spam WoTG for a backstab attempt. (No DPS for a counter stab.) Furthermore you can do over 1600 damage in 1 second when spamming R1 on a darkmoon blade dagger. The normal dagger has more damage, but parrying knife looks far cooler.

Bye.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Won't be here long, just dropping a tip off. Empty Re: Won't be here long, just dropping a tip off.

Post by Rynn Thu May 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Double Posting!
    Just forgot some other tips.
    The darkhand is great for parrying if you don't need a swing to line it up and can predict the first one. With 80/80/80/80, blocking a Demon Greataxe with DMB on via a failed parry will only do 111 damage. A washing pole only takes 40 to fail. It's a great shield for parrying, even if it fails when blocking.

Also, if you're a caster, I'd reccomend mixing some pyromancy into your build, always. Most opponents don't predict a dual spell class, and so when you first cast a new spell type, they will be generally surprised, increasing the tactics success rate.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Won't be here long, just dropping a tip off. Empty Re: Won't be here long, just dropping a tip off.

Post by Shkar Thu May 24, 2012 10:42 pm

I can attest to this strategy being surprisingly effective. I would suggest some subtlelty, as I tried it while Forest Hunting once (just straight up spamming R1 with SLB parry dagger) and I didn't lats too long.

That being said, how is the swing time on the Hand Axe? If it swings close to as fast as a dagger, there is the added benefit of it being possible to stun-lock (it should have the same poise break as a curved sword).
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 24, 2012 10:47 pm

No clue, I'll check it out and get back to you on that, especially since it has a higher base damage.
    If I don't post again, you can assume the test was a "no"
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 25, 2012 6:26 am

The handaxe was much longer in it's time. If I was gonna buff one of them, might as well use a katana. Meanwhile the parry knife was only 0.5 pounds, takes less stamina then other knives per swing, and does about 500 damage per hit with DMB right now. The Parry knife gets 3 swings in the time it takes the handaxe to get 2, and it takes less stamina then the hand axe. I know which one I'd call a winner XD.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Fri May 25, 2012 9:10 am

Does the parrying dagger swing just as fast in off hand? If so, you could buff the dagger and have a chaostoc in the main hand.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 25, 2012 9:11 am

I dont think you can buff left hand weapons.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Fri May 25, 2012 9:17 am

Move the talisman to the other hand?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Fri May 25, 2012 9:20 am

I always thought that the spells specifically said right hand weapon... although it does make me wonder what magic shield would do on a left hand equipped dagger.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri May 25, 2012 12:48 pm

you know you can use great magic shield on the dark hand. i was kinda surprised by that, but you can.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 25, 2012 7:19 pm

You can't use great magic shield on a knife, you can't buff a knife in your left hand. Parrying knife swings faster in left hand.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Fri May 25, 2012 7:22 pm

^ Interesting thanks for the info.
    I wonder if baldurs side sword has a similar effect or if despite its name it was intended for use in the right hand slot.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 25, 2012 7:25 pm

dancash1808 wrote:^ Interesting thanks for the info.
    I wonder if baldurs side sword has a similar effect or if despite its name it was intended for use in the right hand slot.
    It does.

Also the info about buffing the Dark Hand was news to me, thanks!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri May 25, 2012 9:22 pm

So are you actually leaving the forum, or are you taking a break doing something else?

Your motivation is somewhat foggy to me.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 25, 2012 10:29 pm

I won't be around the forums long. I'll mostly be dropping things I find out off, and then dropping back out again. I just stopped by for longer today because my X-box wiped my data and I need crap.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:38 pm