Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
DoughGuy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Shkar
WyrmHero
Leeroy_Jenkins
9 posters

Who/what is Snuggly?

Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Who/what is Snuggly? Empty Who/what is Snuggly?

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sat May 26, 2012 2:38 am

i was just wondering who Snuggly is I've looked around and don't see anything. I thought maybe Sparkly from ds found a new interest but i didn't see him flying around like in ds.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Who/what is Snuggly? Empty Re: Who/what is Snuggly?

Post by WyrmHero Sat May 26, 2012 2:45 am

She sounds like a crow, we think she may be the giant crow that takes you to Lordran, but we really don't know.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sat May 26, 2012 2:46 am

I thought that might be it but the nest looks too small to me.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 26, 2012 9:49 am

WyrmHero wrote:She sounds like a crow, we think she may be the giant crow that takes you to Lordran, but we really don't know.

Her wording makes it sound as if she is one of the abandoned eggs in the nest. It explains why she is looking for "warm and fuzzy" things.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat May 26, 2012 9:51 am

Speaking of which, can you actually attack that giant crow who roosts in Firelink? I've always wondered.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 26, 2012 9:53 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Speaking of which, can you actually attack that giant crow who roosts in Firelink? I've always wondered.

You can't kill it. Do enough damage and it flies away.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 am

Has anyoen tried one of the big comboes like Dragon roar RSS poweer withing CSS?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 am

If it flies away does that mean you can't go back to the Asylum for that playthrough?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 am

It comes back after a save reload I think.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 26, 2012 10:03 am

DoughGuy wrote:Has anyoen tried one of the big comboes like Dragon roar RSS poweer withing CSS?

I would be willing to give RTSR, PW, Crown of Dusk, BDR, and CSS before I put Lady Anveena to NG++.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat May 26, 2012 10:44 am

Just a baby crow in my opinion.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat May 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Leeroy_Jenkins wrote:i was just wondering who Snuggly is I've looked around and don't see anything. I thought maybe Sparkly from ds found a new interest but i didn't see him flying around like in ds.

Wait, you can see Sparkly in DeS? I thought Sparkly (aka "Double Winged Hawk Girl') wasn't any of the flying birds in view. You can kill all the birds but Sparkly will still speak when you approach.

I don't think the giant crow is Snuggly (aka "Hawk-Girl") as well. It'd be odd for Snuggly to only talk to you out of view, but somehow wouldn't mind flying you back and forth and showing its face otherwise. I think you're supposed to let your imagination run wild. Both of them are around birds and nests, but what kind of a bird can talk like that? For all we know, Hawk Girl could be some insane Smeagol-like creature that's somewhat birdlike. There's something very unsettling about how you can never see it, which I think is meant to imply there's something creepy or strange going on.

I also think Sparkly and Snugly are meant to be the same character, like how Patches was reused. Only the fascination shifted from sparkly and twinkly to warm and soft.

Last edited by retro on Sat May 26, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 pm

I didn't know you could kill the birds in ds! I do like the idea of sparkly and snuggly being the same.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 pm

retro wrote:
    Leeroy_Jenkins wrote:i was just wondering who Snuggly is I've looked around and don't see anything. I thought maybe Sparkly from ds found a new interest but i didn't see him flying around like in ds.

Wait, you can see Sparkly in DeS? I thought Sparkly (aka "Double Winged Hawk Girl') wasn't any of the flying birds in view. You can kill all the birds but Sparkly will still speak when you approach.

I don't think the giant crow is Snuggly (aka "Hawk-Girl") as well. It'd be odd for Snuggly to only talk to you out of view, but somehow wouldn't mind flying you back and forth and showing its face otherwise. I think you're supposed to let your imagination run wild. Both of them are around birds and nests, but what kind of a bird can talk like that? For all we know, Hawk Girl could be some insane Smeagol-like creature that's somewhat birdlike. There's something very unsettling about how you can never see it, which I think is meant to imply there's something creepy or strange going on.

I also think Sparkly and Snugly are meant to be the same character, like how Patches was reused. Only the fascination shifted from sparkly and twinkly to warm and soft.

I find this quite possible, although I still say Snuggly is one of the eggs in that nest. There is no real place nearby for SNuggly to be, and the whole "give me warm" sounds to me like a desperate attempt to stay warm enough to actually hatch.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 29, 2012 6:08 am

Snuggly is a hard one to figure out for me. Being q hatchling in an egg makes sense based on the request of warm things and things that insulate, but how do they make the trade? Guess we have to ignore some details to make the game mechanic work? Dark Souls is so big on making sure you can see every where you can go and see everything that interacts with you even if the interaction is a cutscene. So I guess I've just decided Snuggly is an egg and the trade, while impossible, is a needed game mechanic.

Also saying Sparkly is Snuggly doesn't seem right. DeS and DkS aren't related directly in any way story wise or lore wise. So I would say its simply a reimagination of a concept used in a previous game.
    Kenko
    Kenko

Post by Kenko Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm

what about velka is the mother and she comes only when you are not on the game... so she trades the items lol! ok not velka but anyways!
    but the birdie inside the egg is something humanoid right? :o

well the most probable thing is even if its impossible to happen its just a feature with no lore behind it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:18 am