Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Forum Pirate
Glutebrah
Tolvo
jjshowal
Carphil
MsCherryBlossom
Baldor Ostarv
Delvanoc
13 posters

Oh invaders...

Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Oh invaders...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh invaders...

Post by Delvanoc Sat May 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah, I agree that people forget that the game itself is unforgiving and punishes mistakes. Bowing to an opponent that is rushing you is a mistake. I may fight according to the unoffical "honor code" but I hold no expectations of my opponent to do so.
    I treat it just like the geneva convention, I may abide by it so that my conscious is clear, but my enemy may not need to have a clear conscience. Kinda like the saying... "history is always written by the victor". Also, in a street fight... there are no rules. The goal is to come out better than the other guy. If it has gotten to that point, hopefully you have already tried everything to diffuse the situation, now it's time to put him down.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 pm

I just try to have fun, without dimishing the fun of other people who play the game... it's simple really
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat May 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Delvanoc wrote:Yeah, I agree that people forget that the game itself is unforgiving and punishes mistakes. Bowing to an opponent that is rushing you is a mistake. I may fight according to the unoffical "honor code" but I hold no expectations of my opponent to do so.
    I treat it just like the geneva convention, I may abide by it so that my conscious is clear, but my enemy may not need to have a clear conscience. Kinda like the saying... "history is always written by the victor". Also, in a street fight... there are no rules. The goal is to come out better than the other guy. If it has gotten to that point, hopefully you have already tried everything to diffuse the situation, now it's time to put him down.

Well incase you're referencing my post, I bowed to him. But I'm not gonna stand there and watch you buff or cast spells, after the bow I took off towards him. So I'm only sort of a **** depending on how you define honor lol
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Sat May 26, 2012 9:35 pm

@Federally, no need to defend yourself. I agreed with your last statement. I don't judge nor attack people (on the forums) for anything they do. As stated by multiple people and I can't agree with it more... "it's a game, play it the way you want to play." Or the classic, "it's *my* $60, I'll play however I choose."
    And I don't disagree with your tactics. At that point, he was attacking you by casting TWoP. By my honor code, the battle had started as sson as he started casting.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm

While I actually allow people to buff a foot away from me, I'm not really against people attacking when a person does that. I know people have never really agreed on that one, and only certain groups are with that rule such as FC. And I don't hold Randoms to the FC attitude of course, since they never agreed to those rules. So I personally have no problem with you hitting me as I try to buff, though I personally let others do it in front of me. I don't hold others to my own personal ethics.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat May 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Double your DPS you say? Not if i've got anything to say about it
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Wisp wrote:Double your DPS you say? Not if i've got anything to say about it

Yeah I'm right there with you.

I'm using an unbuffable weapon, you think I'm gonna stand here and watch you buff? Lol you picked a weapon that isn't as good as mine not buffed, suffer the consequences! I'm always the host which means every loss is another couple minutes farming humanity when I need more,invaders risk nothing so they're nuts to expect me to watch them buff or TwoP or whatever.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat May 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Hence, the dgm. At best, you have 5 hits. at worst I hit 3 times and deal 2200 damage. no buff required.

Though after a bs or parry is a great time to buff, as is the gap after you wog or force stun.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Delvanoc wrote:Yeah, I agree that people forget that the game itself is unforgiving and punishes mistakes. Bowing to an opponent that is rushing you is a mistake. I may fight according to the unoffical "honor code" but I hold no expectations of my opponent to do so.

this is how i always duel, even during FC if a vader is the one im dueling ill be getting messages on the chat saying you can bs him, but for some strange reason i never do id rather just have a fight go on longer, i only get annoyed with a bser if they constantly fish and even then ill just unlock and do a dead lock,
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 pm

^^ I'll BS them. But, I don't have a problem if they BS me either. BS fishing is pretty easy to see (unless they are good at it), as they usually strafe and go for an instarun pivot BS. I've still got to get better at a counter stab.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 27, 2012 3:32 pm

well i think bsin is kinda boring (this is only a personal opinion not an attack on anyone who does)
    these days if someone keep circle straffing me ill do the look skywayd and just turn around exposing my back, if they want a win so quickly ill give them it, a few times i get a message from the person asking why i did it, i explain my reasoning, most people are quite happy to reduel with no bs's when they know you wont do one eitha which is nice happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:06 pm