Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
GrEeNgObLiN
Federally
Tolvo
BLA1NE
Tarkkus
Forum Pirate
MsCherryBlossom
FinPeku
Yukon
Wisp
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
martyrsbrigade99
18 posters

Having trouble with parrying fast weapons? Watch THIS!!!

martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Having trouble with parrying fast weapons? Watch THIS!!! Empty Having trouble with parrying fast weapons? Watch THIS!!!

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 pm

The vid is self explanatory. I just figured I'd share it with the community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YQ1TdfV_ZU&lc=dzl5b-s-pqkmnum1uKrO3kmG6Okc2GCwF-jfsqQ2RvA&feature=inbox
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Having trouble with parrying fast weapons? Watch THIS!!! Empty Re: Having trouble with parrying fast weapons? Watch THIS!!!

Post by Rynn Sat May 26, 2012 8:27 pm

As I said on youtube when you posted it, This video taught me how to parry some weapons I've never figured out how to parry before. Although I feel inclined to re-ask an old question of mine. Do you have any suggestions for a DMB buffed katana? They are a bit too dangerous to try this method of parrying on.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Having trouble with parrying fast weapons? Watch THIS!!! Empty Re: Having trouble with parrying fast weapons? Watch THIS!!!

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat May 26, 2012 8:29 pm

You are a talented PvPer, that's for sure.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 pm

+1, weapon buffs on fast weapons give me a headache.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat May 26, 2012 8:33 pm

I havent seen a lot of pvp tutoring videos but this one was very good. I don't think I have ever seen someone go into weapon class detail about how to parry, very helpful.

If its not already there, you could pm a member here named tolvo, he keeps a collective of useful information for new players and you could probably ask him to add this video to that list.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3650-resource-threads-to-check-out-for-rookies-and-vets

Last edited by Yukon on Sat May 26, 2012 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat May 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Do you have any suggestions for a DMB buffed katana?
    I was thinking exactly same thing. Though at 15:11 he just tanks the dmb hit. With low health it's not possible.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat May 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Im glad to see you here Martyrs.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat May 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Excellent demonstration. Especially showing the timing for both sides and for showing the spears and katanas specificly.

@Rynn, I'd say its only "too dangerous" if you have 0 poise. Its definitely a risk, but partial parries arn't to difficult and stop most of the damage. Just don't try more than once in a row against the buffed weapon. You'll die getting it down but thats always the case, and once you have it you'll be relatively safe trying, as you'll almost always succeed or partial.
    Tarkkus
    Tarkkus
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tarkkus Sat May 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Wow this helped a lot thanks =)
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat May 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Problem with the faster weapons is that their swing speed is practically the same as the fastest parry speed. So if you just spam parry, you won't ever catch up. That's why you need to tank 1 hit and parry right away. Best case scenario is you predict parry. But if you try to predict and miss the timing, then you can't spam parry, you need to wait and time it properly.

Good video, thanks for sharing.

(Btw, I noticed he was often taking the hit at the same time as he was parrying the greataxe. Happens to me all the time... nice to know it's not just me!)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Well for that scenario Rynn a trick I use is a dodge through while paying attention to my bleed. With this I can judge the lag difference after a few hits then go with a simple prediction parry. Of course this doesn't work against very skilled opponents, and is very risky so there should definitely be a safer more effective method. I think I will wait a few days on adding this to the resources section, right now the comment section is a bit crazy and I'd rather not see people contribute to possible flaming. So I'll let those comments initially die down and once I see people are just talking about the video itself, I'll add it. I just don't want a repeat of certain nasty events is all.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat May 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Love the video thanks for sharing. I'm particularly fond of the way you pronounce "Uchigatana"
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Sat May 26, 2012 11:26 pm

very good vid!!!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat May 26, 2012 11:36 pm

umm rynn did't you say in another thread that the dark hand works well for parry-blocks... so even if you are late on the parry you'll still block most of the dmage right? and nice video Martyrs, not going to be playing dks for a bit but when i resume i'll be sure to use this vid to review:)
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat May 26, 2012 11:46 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:umm rynn did't you say in another thread that the dark hand works well for parry-blocks... so even if you are late on the parry you'll still block most of the dmage right? and nice video Martyrs, not going to be playing dks for a bit but when i resume i'll be sure to use this vid to review:)
    Yes I did, and I still stand by that. It vastly drains my stamina however, so it's still a risky method.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun May 27, 2012 12:06 am

Loving this video.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 27, 2012 6:45 am

teaching people how to parry spears, my spartan is dooomed!!!
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Sun May 27, 2012 6:48 am

Very educating stuff indeed ^^
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun May 27, 2012 2:37 pm

This has really improved my parrying. much appreciated!
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun May 27, 2012 4:30 pm

dancash1808 wrote:This has really improved my parrying. much appreciated!

Anytime!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:44 pm