Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Yukon
Forum Pirate
WyrmHero
Oniramkenobi
Serious_Much
User
Delvanoc
cloudyeki
Carphil
barrywilkins
billy_bayonet
neon__noodle
sonofartorias
MsCherryBlossom
18 posters

I tried playing like everyone else

MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

I tried playing like everyone else  Empty I tried playing like everyone else

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sun May 27, 2012 7:42 pm

So I been recently becoming more active in this wiki and noticed how much I am able to make an individual whine about my choice of playing on Dark Souls. So I decided to try out the "honor" jazz people rave so much about (even though I thought of it to be maybe the dumbest thing ever).

I chose to use my low level toon at level 15 for this experiment.

First invasion, I see invader and im quite sure he is able to see me. I do the bow gesture and he does as well. I then wait till he is close and use great combustion. I then get a mail getting called a cheater. Where's my respect at? I did the bow thing.

Second invasion, I bow to the boy or girl and then I legit beat them. I get tears over using a hornets ring. Where's my respect at dude I won fair and square.

Final invasion I bow then win legit again. I drop a prism stone on them and run in circles as a mean of me celebrating. No mail from this person though.

During my time playing as a honor person I was extremely bored all I got was called a cheater. So I think my original style of play is just well suited for me. The well what is it gesture and prism stone dropping is just too fun to give up for that.

But at least I tried..... and hated it. Proper Bow

There's a cool bow icon for you ^^
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I tried playing like everyone else  Empty Re: I tried playing like everyone else

Post by sonofartorias Sun May 27, 2012 7:47 pm

i'm in the middle i bow but i also use backstab's and pyro so sometimes
    i'm called a cheater but not all the time
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

I tried playing like everyone else  Empty Re: I tried playing like everyone else

Post by neon__noodle Sun May 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Please lock this. Everyone knows where this is going.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 27, 2012 7:49 pm

well least you tried it, but as far a playing with "honour" goes, if you dont actually enjoy what your doing your not gna have a good time and honour is subjective its different in other peoples eyes , just prepare yourself for some form of argument on this topic soon
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Sun May 27, 2012 7:49 pm

well for me to actually say anything, you would have to elaborate on exactly how everyone knew you were using the hornets ring. bowing and then bsing isnt exactly whats considered honor.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Sun May 27, 2012 7:51 pm

i said i was in the middle
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun May 27, 2012 7:51 pm

But, you were not bored because you bowed before the fights, you were bored because you killed them all in one or two hits. With all respect, where is the fun in doing that?

Make a SL120 and a build that don't kill anyone in one hit, host some matches and then come to tell your experiences. I believe 100% you will feel much better
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 27, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm curious as to where you were dueling
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 27, 2012 7:52 pm

can GC kill in one shot anyway?
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sun May 27, 2012 7:53 pm

@ noodlr
    Where is it going? Im not mocking anyone nor is there any flaming. How about you just not read the thread if you dislike me giving this wiki's playstyle a try and not liking it.

@billy
    I don't see why there would be any argument, I at least gave it a chance.

@Barry
    I bowed at the people and didn't act "rude" when I won.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 27, 2012 7:54 pm

At that level yeah. GC + dusk crown + bellowing dragon can do 900 easy.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sun May 27, 2012 7:54 pm

And GC can't in one but if used how I did it it will kill.

@Car
    I highly doubt it
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun May 27, 2012 7:55 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:can GC kill in one shot anyway?

He said sl 15, with a full pyro glove, bellowing dragon ring, and Oolice helmet, GC does around 700 or 800 damage.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Sun May 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Well, you gave the 'ole college go. I say play your way and enjoy. It is your $60 after all. Honestly, without different playstyles, pvp would be stale and unexciting. I would be down to duel you in your own environment anytime you wanted. happy

Last edited by Delvanoc on Sun May 27, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun May 27, 2012 7:56 pm

I understand the subjective ideals of honour. i also understand the subjective ideals gamestyle. However, this post only brought thing to mind when i read it, and it is not against playstyle:

Spoiler:
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 27, 2012 7:57 pm

hmm never really used it that often, and like i said honour is subjective, you have to find a group of people with the same views as yourself and play with them, for most of us on the wiki thats the FC, and give her credit she did try the whole bowing thing and didnt enjoy it
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun May 27, 2012 7:58 pm

MsCherryBlossom wrote:And GC can't in one but if used how I did it it will kill.

@Car
    I highly doubt it

No problem man/girl. You see, its all matter of persective, as everyone says. If you enjoy one shot builds, I respect that, and if you invade me, I will bow and fight you. If you win, no matter how, I will send a GG.

Thanks for reading my opinion I tried playing like everyone else  3510096238
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 27, 2012 8:00 pm

I still want my high sl fight against you blossom! Tell me when you hit 300, maybe we can have a fight once I get my game back.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 27, 2012 8:00 pm

MsCherryBlossom wrote:I bowed at the people and didn't act "rude" when I won.

You said you dropped prism stones and ran in circles.. that if that isn't rude I dunno what is.

Look, by your description, you weren't playing really as "honourable", or at least what I see it as. I don't BS unless i get BS'd and NEVER use the hornets ring

dunno what the guy was on about with combustion.. maybe you just spammed it? Or you had a ascended +5 pyro glove at SL15, which people would presume you BB glitched hence why..

You need to do proper honour at SL120 to get it, at SL15 there's nothing but BB glitchers and noobs for the most part, the worst SL to PvP at in my opinion.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sun May 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Thats the thing, I TRIED doing the whole not attack while they bowed at me, not doing rude gestures. I can slightly see how it appeals to some, but not for me.

@Acidic
    Was that some attempt to insult at me? (It was horrible if it was)

@Cloud
    Im nearly there just preoccupied (Dragon's Dogma) and if I even do fight you I wont go by any rules you might want to put forward.

@Serious
    This is a new one, whats proper honor dueling?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 27, 2012 8:06 pm

*** that. I want a down and dirty fight like I fight ganks with! I love to duel, but I love letting loose even more!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun May 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    MsCherryBlossom wrote:I bowed at the people and didn't act "rude" when I won.

You said you dropped prism stones and ran in circles.. that if that isn't rude I dunno what is.

Look, by your description, you weren't playing really as "honourable", or at least what I see it as. I don't BS unless i get BS'd and NEVER use the hornets ring

dunno what the guy was on about with combustion.. maybe you just spammed it? Or you had a ascended +5 pyro glove at SL15, which people would presume you BB glitched hence why..

You need to do proper honour at SL120 to get it, at SL15 there's nothing but BB glitchers and noobs for the most part, the worst SL to PvP at in my opinion.

I you can easily tell if you opponent is a BB glitcher or a newbie by equipment and play style. Newbie normally wears starting or underated gear, drake sword or lightining spear, aways have a shield raised and almost never ninja flip, and often spam spells like fireball or soul arrow

Unlike BB glicthers with lightning katanas, Full Giants and infinite amount of divine blessings I tried playing like everyone else  2707236321
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Well for one, not BSing, not using weapons that are beyond sensible means of your opponents (like seriously max pyro glove at SL15?), and generally not being rude..

I think it's a bit strange that you feign ignorance to a concept that's blatantly obvious.. I think really you're doing it on purpose.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sun May 27, 2012 8:14 pm

I don't like the Katana's and hate the way the giants look. I use a broadsword

I used my BB toon but the people I fought im quite sure they did too. The guy I BS was wearing the Brass armor with a Quelaags Furysword so it's not like im hunting noobs.

As for your last bit that I literally laughed at, excuse me for not learning about your precious concept of "proper honor" playing. Im not sorry if I don't know how it's "supposed to be done". I think you're just upset someone is different and doesn't share same ideals as majority.
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle Sun May 27, 2012 8:20 pm

I respect you trial and error, at least your opinion is informed. Really it's just your tone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 12:30 am