Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Delvanoc
Forum Pirate
Kalliros
7 posters

Lag confrontation

Kalliros
    Kalliros

Lag confrontation Empty Lag confrontation

Post by Kalliros Mon May 28, 2012 2:36 am

After trying to unsuccessfully Gravelord in duke's archives, I was being constantly invaded by a certain prick who will not be named and wasn't counting as a GL invasion per se. After 2 fights won and 1 loss (and a crappy "learn to play" message said from a guy running away into enemies "just to buff himself", possibly just because I used the walk of peace miracle), it got me pretty pissed that I hit the guy dead center but due to lag it didn't quite count. And I always get the feeling my enemies are always, literally, a step ahead of me, warping from my front to a sudden backstab.

SOOOO I ask you pros out there, what is the best way to confront lag? Is is a timing thing? Do I need to calculate my attack a second earlier? Do I need to turtle myself until I can get an attack where the opponent is almost hugging me? Any kind of help would be delightful.

Thanks in advance!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Lag confrontation Empty Re: Lag confrontation

Post by Forum Pirate Mon May 28, 2012 2:42 am

Think ahead. Act on what you believe they're going to do, not what they are doing. Judge how much lag there is, if their feet are moving strangely or not at all, lag is above average. If they teleport, its really bad.

In a sense, they are always 1 step ahead, but its mutual, you are one step ahead as well and its the middle that is the actual point things are judged on by the game.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Mon May 28, 2012 2:46 am

Practice, practice, practice. With time, it doesn't catch you off guard as much.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 28, 2012 3:03 am

Rollin' rollin' rollin'. If you can't be hit on your screen, they definitely can't hit you. Also of note, thrust weapons will destroy you if you aren't always dodging. They can reach anything anywhere and are nearly unpunishable.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon May 28, 2012 7:06 am

Quarik wrote:Rollin' rollin' rollin'. If you can't be hit on your screen, they definitely can't hit you.

I dunno about that I've been hit by people in different rooms because of lag...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 28, 2012 1:17 pm

You have to recognize the delay, then act accordingly. It will take practice but eventually you'll get the timing down and figure out when you strike, when to parry, and when to dodge. A lot of it will come down to predicting your enemy.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm

I am no 'pro', however I feel the best advice to give is get used to the lag. Everyone's is different so just watching videos and such does not work. The one thing you need is experience and getting used to it.

I personally believe that you should dodge EVERY attack, even if it looks to miss dodge as the lag causes hits. Also when you hit someone, usually if you hit just before they dodge, it will miss. You have to really catch someone out to attack and damage them, whether it be counter to a missed hit or while they are running.

I hope this helps, just play a lot and get used to it and you will find yourself what the lag enables you to do and what you can't do, and in the end using the lag the best you can is the way to become good at PvP, it can become an advantage if used correctly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:38 pm