Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
7 posters

I think something is wrong with me

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I think something is wrong with me Empty I think something is wrong with me

Post by Dubscythe Tue May 29, 2012 7:28 am

I've been playing ME3 and Skyrim the past few days...and now I have no interest in playing Dark Souls any more. I have no idea what's wrong, should I go see a doctor?

I'm scared....
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

I think something is wrong with me Empty Re: I think something is wrong with me

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 7:31 am

I did this too, then went on a break from dark souls for 2 months, it's natural that you get bored of a game after playing it for months and months non stop silly
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 29, 2012 7:35 am

Aye I still need to complete my Mass Effect 2 Playthrough so I can do ME 3 properly and end the saga. I also want to fight in the upcoming cov war, then hand over the reigns of the Gravesworn to the next most dedicated, finish/figure out why have no decent gear in Dragons Dogma, and go to Uni.

Ah such a tiring life it is.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 29, 2012 7:55 am

I've had the exact opposite experience. Everything I play bored me, and then I pop in Dark Souls.
    I'm wondering what the *** is wrong with me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 8:55 am

Rynn wrote:I've had the exact opposite experience. Everything I play bored me, and then I pop in Dark Souls.
    I'm wondering what the *** is wrong with me.

That is also part of Dark Souls, either you can't stop playing it, or you can't play it at all silly
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue May 29, 2012 9:43 am

Guess it might be because I lost my data, don't want to grind again.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 10:04 am

You don't need to grind if you don't want to... You don't have to have +10 armour or more than one +15 weapon you know silly
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 10:06 am

Ya... you should try to use crystal equipment only. I am sure your experienced of the lost of your Fully upgraded weapon may differ a bit, eh?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 10:10 am

I would definitely try crystal equipment, but sadly I use weapons generally that aren't easy to come by such as BSS, katanas etc.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 10:10 am

You can buy katanas from Shiva first. Balder Straight Sword? Harvest, harvest, harvest!
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 am

Well, more like I just don't feel like getting all the way to 120 again. Since I've experienced the game quite a few times playing it just for a specific build feels like a chore for me.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 am

I have a 210, 150, and 30. I made over 70 characters, and I have experimented and deleted again, again, and again... I still know that I have not tried everything yet.

The fun part, is when you succeed, and finally have a build that you can keep as your own, and love. I have three as of now.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue May 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Confession. I've been playing Skyrim too for the last few days. Just hit a brick wall with my main characters in Dark Souls (I was trying for the Platinum) but I still need several rare weapons for the Knight's Trophy & Ngame+ is so hard for an average player like me. Decided to take a break and just wander around Skyrim instead. Hopefully I'll be back playing Dk Souls soon.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 29, 2012 4:57 pm

What do you still need Slake? I advocate getting Plat on your own but might be able to offer some friendly advice to make it easier.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue May 29, 2012 8:36 pm

I guess I'm just not up to the journey of making a PvP character again, at least not now. When it takes me 20-30 hours to finish a build and it kinda feels like a chore, then I don't exactly enjoy it much.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 29, 2012 8:44 pm

That's why I don't do builds. Would hate to lose the magic
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:12 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:What do you still need Slake? I advocate getting Plat on your own but might be able to offer some friendly advice to make it easier.

A belated thank you skare. Only just caught your message. You're right I want to get Platinum through my own efforts & not things like player trade. Knight's Trophy is a problem because you need to get all the rare weapons on one toon & places like the Tomb of the Giants are really difficult for me in newgame+. and I need Leroy's weapon because I stupidly forgot about it on first playthrough. I'll give it a few days though & see how I feel about trying again.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:13 pm

I never got a platinum for Dark Souls. I love the game too much for that.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:44 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:I never got a platinum for Dark Souls. I love the game too much for that.

I see your point. In fact I agree with you to some extent. Perhaps it's the trophy hunting that's spoiled the game for me a little. Dark Souls is the first game I've ever actively tried to get trophys or achievements for. Usually if one pops up while I'm playing a game it's a surprise. It's just that Dark Souls is, in my opinion, the only game worth getting a Platinum for because it means something in gaming terms. It's become my personal 'Everest'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 12:26 am