Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
IncrediblePlum
SunlightCrusader
Shkar
Serious_Much
Federally
Jorund
Baldor Ostarv
befowler
Wilkinson3424
User
Yukon
Imarreteet23
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Eolan
Wade_Wilson
DoughGuy
SpecOps0
21 posters

You know Solaire... right?

SpecOps0
    Regular
    Regular

You know Solaire... right? Empty You know Solaire... right?

Post by SpecOps0 Tue May 29, 2012 6:02 pm

You know people say he is Gwyns firstborn right? I think he is, or maybe the son of Gwyns first born.

Well... Solaire can shoot lightning out of hands, which Gwyn does the same. The only problem is, Solaire is very short.

And the Firstborn watches over his warriors as in the medal description, Solaire could perhaps be a warrior part of the Firstborns unit. Which explains why his armor has no special magick in them. He was most likely trained by the Firstborn...

Discuss?? lol!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

You know Solaire... right? Empty Re: You know Solaire... right?

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 29, 2012 8:06 pm

If he only respected the strength of arms why would he use lightning?
    (This argument has been had multiple times before)
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue May 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Well, although the game hints at him being the first-born, he is of "Astora", which leads me to believe that he's a red herring.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Yeah i think solaire is just a fantasist undead, there's loads of clues implying he is just a really well trained fighter on his own dead end quest.
    SpecOps0
    Regular
    Regular

Post by SpecOps0 Tue May 29, 2012 8:19 pm

DoughGuy wrote:If he only respected the strength of arms why would he use lightning?

Really? 😢 Well, I havent been on here lots. silly
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue May 29, 2012 8:20 pm

I think he's just lost his memory. I know the amnesia literary device is just about the laziest manner of filling plot holes but it wouldn't surprise me if that's what the DkS people did with Solaire's storyline.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 29, 2012 8:23 pm

I just think that there is an equal amount of evidence to make an aurgument both ways. For me, I just can't get past the fact that the Sunlight Medal description does say, as aforementioned, that the First-Born watches his knights. To me, that is a pretty decent proof for Solaire being the First-Born.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 29, 2012 8:23 pm

SpecOps0 wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:If he only respected the strength of arms why would he use lightning?

Sorry if I seemed harsh its just Ive been in all of the arguments and forget that they're buried in threads, not easily accessible. I'll go now.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:I just think that there is an equal amount of evidence to make an aurgument both ways. For me, I just can't get past the fact that the Sunlight Medal description does say, as aforementioned, that the First-Born watches his knights. To me, that is a pretty decent proof for Solaire being the First-Born.

I think thats the joke. He's filling the shoes of the legend.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue May 29, 2012 8:28 pm

There are many candidates for who is the god of war, personally I think it could be more of an aspect that is shared among many of the NPC's we meet rather than a specific NPC. Solaire watches over you and gives the medals, some say Seigmeyer is strong of arm, or Andre etc. So maybe we only ever meet aspects of the Son of Gwyn rather than ever meeting him. Or maybe more will be given away about him in the upcoming PC release/DLC.

It can't hurt to touch on a subject again though, so don't be worried about being wrong or not knowing what has been discussed on the archives in these forums.
    SpecOps0
    Regular
    Regular

Post by SpecOps0 Tue May 29, 2012 8:30 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    SpecOps0 wrote:

Sorry if I seemed harsh its just Ive been in all of the arguments and forget that they're buried in threads, not easily accessible. I'll go now.

Dont worry silly I just really thought this was interesting to discuss (but of course, it already has been lol! )
    SpecOps0
    Regular
    Regular

Post by SpecOps0 Tue May 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Yukon wrote:There are many candidates for who is the god of war, personally I think it could be more of an aspect that is shared among many of the NPC's we meet rather than a specific NPC. Solaire watches over you and gives the medals, some say Seigmeyer is strong of arm, or Andre etc. So maybe we only ever meet aspects of the Son of Gwyn rather than ever meeting him. Or maybe more will be given away about him in the upcoming PC release/DLC.

It can't hurt to touch on a subject again though, so don't be worried about being wrong or not knowing what has been discussed on the archives in these forums.

Yes there are indeed many candidates. Though Solaire is just the most obvious one with the Lightning and the love of sunlight you know? king
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Just wondering, is it possible to somehow look at the game files and see what rings each NPC is wearing? If that is somehow possible, then if Solaire would happen to be wearing the Ring of the Suns Firstborn, then that would be a dead give-away as to what he is.
    SpecOps0
    Regular
    Regular

Post by SpecOps0 Tue May 29, 2012 8:44 pm

That is indeed a give away, but Im not geared for file-hunting...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Solaire wears a Lava Ring
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue May 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Why does he have firekicks?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 9:04 pm

From Udead Parish, to the Kiln, he has the Lava Ring. Make him jump on an enemy form a ledge at Parish. You will see the results.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue May 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:From Udead Parish, to the Kiln, he has the Lava Ring. Make him jump on an enemy form a ledge at Parish. You will see the results.

Very cool. Learn new DkS secrets every day.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed May 30, 2012 5:21 pm

if you read the description of the ring of the sun's firstborn it says how the god of war wielded lightning spears. Praise the Sun
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed May 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:I just think that there is an equal amount of evidence to make an aurgument both ways. For me, I just can't get past the fact that the Sunlight Medal description does say, as aforementioned, that the First-Born watches his knights. To me, that is a pretty decent proof for Solaire being the First-Born.

Yeah, I'm solidly in the Solaire = firstborn camp. The sun image on the sunlight medal also looks almost exactly like the sun on his shield/armor, which would be quite a coincidence if he were just some random knight who wandered into Lordran with that gear before he even joined the covenant and got sunlight medals. His quest for a personal bright sun is a pretty easy opposite to the "dark sun"/moon represented by Gwyndolin, and the sunlight maggot even looks a lot like the crown of the dark sun. It all fits pretty well with the idea that Solaire was originally the firstborn god of melee/sun while Gwyndolin's the god of magic/moon. Whether or not Solaire remembers his past is a fair question, but there isn't a lot of ambiguity to me about his overall role. Heck even the pedestal for the "missing" anor londo statue is taller than the others so he'd still fit even in his human size.
    Baldor Ostarv
    Baldor Ostarv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baldor Ostarv Wed May 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Solaire may be the First-Born. First of all, Solaire sounds a lot like Solar, which is a reference to the sun.

A lot of people may question how it is possible that a deity can become a mortal, but I believe it lies in the sunlight coins. Gwyn may have done what he did when he split his soul and lost most of his power. Gwyn punished Solaire by possibly splitting his power and embedding them within the coins. Solaire, trying to regain the sun that was rightfully his, ventures to Lordran in search of them. The Undead, being his allies, would help him in his search of the coins and then offer them to his destroyed statue and possibly help him little by little regain his lost power.

The ability to watch over his warriors may be due to his soul in the coins, who are always with the players until we offer them to his statue. And his incredible strength and durability reminds me of Gwyn after linking the fire. Despite the fact that he is merely a shell he retains his great strength and even then his soul still holds enourmous power. Although that still raises the question of why Solaire is so short. Perhaps Gwyn split his souls in a way that he would remain a deity, whereas Solaire was stripped of his status, with his power scattered onto countless coins (with the likelyhood of never finding them all), had everything about him erased (except the coins) and forced to live as a human. The amount of coins equalling the amount of followers he had as the God of War, which may have been millions or more.

My thoughts are kinda jumbled, so most of what I wanted to say has just been forgotten.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 30, 2012 5:44 pm

befowler wrote:

Yeah, I'm solidly in the Solaire = firstborn camp. The sun image on the sunlight medal also looks almost exactly like the sun on his shield/armor, which would be quite a coincidence if he were just some random knight who wandered into Lordran with that gear before he even joined the covenant and got sunlight medals. His quest for a personal bright sun is a pretty easy opposite to the "dark sun"/moon represented by Gwyndolin, and the sunlight maggot even looks a lot like the crown of the dark sun. It all fits pretty well with the idea that Solaire was originally the firstborn god of melee/sun while Gwyndolin's the god of magic/moon. Whether or not Solaire remembers his past is a fair question, but there isn't a lot of ambiguity to me about his overall role. Heck even the pedestal for the "missing" anor londo statue is taller than the others so he'd still fit even in his human size.

Don't his Armour descriptions say he painted them by hand himself?
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed May 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Baldor Ostarv wrote:Solaire may be the First-Born. First of all, Solaire sounds a lot like Solar, which is a reference to the sun.

A lot of people may question how it is possible that a deity can become a mortal, but I believe it lies in the sunlight coins. Gwyn may have done what he did when he split his soul and lost most of his power. Gwyn punished Solaire by possibly splitting his power and embedding them within the coins. Solaire, trying to regain the sun that was rightfully his, ventures to Lordran in search of them. The Undead, being his allies, would help him in his search of the coins and then offer them to his destroyed statue and possibly help him little by little regain his lost power.

The ability to watch over his warriors may be due to his soul in the coins, who are always with the players until we offer them to his statue. And his incredible strength and durability reminds me of Gwyn after linking the fire. Despite the fact that he is merely a shell he retains his great strength and even then his soul still holds enourmous power. Although that still raises the question of why Solaire is so short. Perhaps Gwyn split his souls in a way that he would remain a deity, whereas Solaire was stripped of his status, with his power scattered onto countless coins (with the likelyhood of never finding them all), had everything about him erased (except the coins) and forced to live as a human. The amount of coins equalling the amount of followers he had as the God of War, which may have been millions or more.

My thoughts are kinda jumbled, so most of what I wanted to say has just been forgotten.
    this is a great way of putting it. about the coins thing. you sir deserve props for that one! hehe. big grin
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Eolan wrote:
    befowler wrote:

Don't his Armour descriptions say he painted them by hand himself?

There are definitely descriptions SOMEWHERE (if not his armor, but I don't know where else you'd find it) that detail that Solaire just painted them himself and because of that they have no special power.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Baldor Ostarv wrote:Solaire may be the First-Born. First of all, Solaire sounds a lot like Solar, which is a reference to the sun.

The thing is this argument doesnt prove its solaire at all. The same argument could be made for Andre or Seigemeyer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:21 pm