Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
TheBigLebowski
Wilkinson3424
SpecOps0
BoilerFan8472
RANT
Baldor Ostarv
Federally
Uparkaam
Serious_Much
jjshowal
14 posters

Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles?

jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles? Empty Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles?

Post by jjshowal Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 am

Since the exciting news of the DLC is coming out in a few months, do you think FROM is planning on holding this over until the next souls game is released for the PS4 and xbox720 or whatever it is and keep the 2 year cycle of games?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles? Empty Re: Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles?

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 10:37 am

Depends how long it takes to release them...

I personally think there's no need to release a PS4 anytime soon, but Xbox 720 is needed because DVD format is just outdated really in terms of storage capacity and what you can do with it.

Maybe it will be on PS3 and Xbox 720?
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles? Empty Re: Okay okay, Next souls game for next gen consoles?

Post by jjshowal Thu May 31, 2012 10:40 am

well there was news this week that the sony will release a statement at E3 saying the PS4 will be released sometime in 2013. it's been 7 years after all and sony needs to start making money very soon otherwise there may be no more playstation.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 am

really? I presumed sony still raked it in.. I don't like that they're releasing another console when the one we have could keep going for years
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 10:51 am

I also heard xbox 720 has no discs so you can't borrow games or buy preowned and such, which sounds **** frankly
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 am

Well, PS4 would pack more "umph" so no more Blighttown framerates.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 10:58 am

I couldn't care less about a slight drop in framerate people are still gonna bring out games like skyrim which have more glitches than spells or weapons.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu May 31, 2012 11:00 am

Serious_Much wrote:I also heard xbox 720 has no discs so you can't borrow games or buy preowned and such, which sounds **** frankly

What? No discs? That sucks really bad.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 11:08 am

Serious_Much wrote:really? I presumed sony still raked it in.. I don't like that they're releasing another console when the one we have could keep going for years

Sony's making money off the Ps3 for sure but Sony is a big company and they're getting killed on other fronts. So while the Sony branch that lords over the PS and gaming made money, Sony as a whole has been losing money.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Thu May 31, 2012 11:10 am

sony reported a $500 million loss in the last quarter. not good news. they need to stop making TVs
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 11:10 am

Federally wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:really? I presumed sony still raked it in.. I don't like that they're releasing another console when the one we have could keep going for years

Sony's making money off the Ps3 for sure but Sony is a big company and they're getting killed on other fronts. So while the Sony branch that lords over the PS and gaming made money, Sony as a whole has been losing money.

I think it's unfortunate that they'd have to exploit the people who support them the most to cover their inferior products from other areas. That's what I'm surprised about.

I agree JJ, noone buys Sony Tvs, even worse flop was their phones, sony erikksons were awful.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Thu May 31, 2012 11:13 am

i wouldn't call it exploiting. it's just the end of the cycle. as technology evolves at an exponential rate, we should be glad the current gen has lasted this long. console cycles in the 90s only lasted around 5 years before they were overhauled. the ps2 lasted 6 years before the ps3 came out, and the ps3 will have lasted at least 7. and don't forget that much like the ps2, there will still undoubtedly be games released for the ps3 in the first year or two of the ps4's lifecycle.
    Baldor Ostarv
    Baldor Ostarv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baldor Ostarv Thu May 31, 2012 11:13 am

They need a price drop on the Vitas as well.

That would boost sales, if by a small margin.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 11:20 am

jjshowal wrote:i wouldn't call it exploiting. it's just the end of the cycle. as technology evolves at an exponential rate, we should be glad the current gen has lasted this long. console cycles in the 90s only lasted around 5 years before they were overhauled. the ps2 lasted 6 years before the ps3 came out, and the ps3 will have lasted at least 7. and don't forget that much like the ps2, there will still undoubtedly be games released for the ps3 in the first year or two of the ps4's lifecycle.

And hopefully we can get back to the days of backwards compatability
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 31, 2012 11:33 am

Baldor Ostarv wrote:They need a price drop on the Vitas as well.

i dont think the vita needs a price drop at all, imo the price is fair for what it is but it WOULD definately boost the sales. i dont get why people are not buying it more though.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 11:35 am

If they get rid of backwards compatibility I won't be happy though silly
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 11:44 am

RantFromRant wrote:

i dont think the vita needs a price drop at all, imo the price is fair for what it is but it WOULD definately boost the sales. i dont get why people are not buying it more though.

Because the economy sucks big giant hairy balls. Same reason the current console generation has lasted so long.
    Baldor Ostarv
    Baldor Ostarv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baldor Ostarv Thu May 31, 2012 11:50 am

Why else would the 3DS sell so well?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 am

Baldor Ostarv wrote:Why else would the 3DS sell so well?

It's not. Nintendo is in worse shape then Sony.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Thu May 31, 2012 11:55 am

yeah in that same quarter, nintendo netted a $300 million loss, which you could call arguably worse than Sony because nintendo is solely a video game company. the 3ds has definitely sold really well, but keep in mind that it has been out almost a year longer than the vita.
    Baldor Ostarv
    Baldor Ostarv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baldor Ostarv Thu May 31, 2012 11:59 am

Going to have to have a talk with a certain Nintendo fanboy.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 12:02 pm

jjshowal wrote:yeah in that same quarter, nintendo netted a $300 million loss, which you could call arguably worse than Sony because nintendo is solely a video game company. the 3ds has definitely sold really well, but keep in mind that it has been out almost a year longer than the vita.

Also in the financial world perception and projections are everything. Nintendo projected the 3DS would do better then it has and was relying on that, this failing has seriously hurt investors perception of Nintendo. The fact Nintendo's Wii has faltered and this is their first posted loss ever makes things even more uncertain and uncertainty is bad. Sony has posted losses, posted gains, posted break even quarters, they've been there done that and always pulled through. So its a less uncertain situation.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Thu May 31, 2012 12:04 pm

the japanese tech sector is much like the american auto industry. it's basically been out of date since 2000, they have simply stopped trying to successfully innovate and people are seeing that.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Thu May 31, 2012 12:06 pm

because Sony is losing so much money they have to be developing something big. Lets just hope its not a 5D TV or something stupid
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 31, 2012 12:07 pm

RantFromRant wrote:

because it's too expensive, hence why not many people buy it lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:25 am