Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
ublug
DNL
Zodiaxel
WarriorOfBenOwnage
Dark Souls PRO
Rynn
CrazyMike1991
VinheimProfessor
BishopHavel
FruitPunchNinja
Juutas
zzombieboy
kazumoshi
FattyOfDoom
Lancelot
Tolvo
TheMadTitan
Serious_Much
Darkson
Hahalo
Quarik
EmoElmos
User
befowler
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Wade_Wilson
Forum Pirate
Reaperfan
Shkar
Leeroy_Jenkins
JoeBroski09
Extertionist
Wilkinson3424
DoughGuy
bloodpixel
39 posters

Stuff that will probably not happen but you want to anyway.

kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Stuff that will probably not happen but you want to anyway. - Page 3 Empty Re: Stuff that will probably not happen but you want to anyway.

Post by kazumoshi Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:45 pm

^this
    If there was more room in worlds, then we could have even larger FFAs
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Stuff that will probably not happen but you want to anyway. - Page 3 Empty Re: Stuff that will probably not happen but you want to anyway.

Post by zzombieboy Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:36 am

Being able to parry with pyro flame/talisman equipped. Heaven knows why a bit of cloth impairs your ability to use your hand.

Also, backstabs with whips. The animations could be so awesome. Scorpion, anyone? silly
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:54 am

whip ripostes/ bs would be awesome, the riposte could have you flick the whip aroung the enemies neck and tug hard basically lacerating/ crushing the throat , the bs would be a two handed garot strangulation thing.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:20 am

Few things I would like to be fixed or added:

1. fix the backstab hitbox so it will not dominate PvP.

2. STR should add to the equip load again and throwing weapons should scale up with DEX.

3. fix DWGR so you can only perform the flip under 25-30% of equip load.

4. Remove the stunlocking. If stunlock would be removed I bet there would be much more variety of which armors players use in PvP. (great weapons could have a little boost of dmg if the locking would be removed.)

5. New gestures (laugh, cry, head scratch...)

6. More depth to character creation. FACIAL HAAAAAIR!

Edit:

7. Fix resistance-stat so it raises all resistances.

8. Fix hornet ring so it does only 25% extra critical dmg istead of 50(?)

Last edited by Juutas on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:23 am

Juutas wrote:Few things I would like to be fixed or added:

1. fix the backstab hitbox so it will not dominate PvP.

2. STR should add to the equip load again and throwing weapons should scale up with DEX.

3. fix DWGR so you can only perform the flip under 25-30% of equip load.

4. Remove the stunlocking. If stunlock would be removed I bet there would be much more variety of which armors players use in PvP. (great weapons could have a little boost of dmg if the locking would be removed.)

5. New gestures (laugh, cry, head scratch...)

6. More depth to character creation. FACIAL HAAAAAIR!
    1. Yes
    2. Was that in Demons?
    3. YES!
    4. Not entirely sure about this. I think rapiers and spears would becme more prevelant.
    5. There definetily could be a few more.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:25 am

PVP SERVERS!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:42 am

If I remember correctly STR added to the equipload before the first patch in Dark Souls (I might be wrong though...). Unfortunately i have never played Demon's Souls since I only own Xbox sad
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:47 am

I dont think it did. I played offline pre patch for a long time and dont remember that on my str build.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:54 am

Well I think STR should add a small increase on equipload.

Also one thing I forgot to add: RESISTANCE....god please make this stat somehow useful. Make it have increase on all resistances, not just poison.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 am

Resistance adds 2 to all resistances instead of 1 when you level. It's still useless because of this
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t4295-attack-rating-vs-real-damage-analysis-of-defense?highlight=defense

If resistance added poise, that would KINDA fix the whole lack of different and new armor, and if the DWGR roll was 25-30%, then it would COMPLETELY fix it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:17 pm

1.Facial hair, you can kinda give them facial hair but its not enough.
    2.Make dwgr not useable with medium and heavy armor(meaning max poise you could have it 40 with dwgr+wolf ring)
    3.Fix backstab mechanics.
    4.Private Servers
    5.2vs2 in arena mode, and 4 person death match.
    6.Bring back the knock back effect from str weapons.
    7.Allow me to rule lordan and laugh at everyone from my throne high above all of you muahahhaa king
    BishopHavel
    BishopHavel
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BishopHavel Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:38 pm

I think removing the backstab mechanic completely will do the game a lot of good. It would make PvE a lot more harder and PvP a lot more fair.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:49 pm

BishopHavel wrote:I think removing the backstab mechanic completely will do the game a lot of good. It would make PvE a lot more harder and PvP a lot more fair.

I must admit that I agree with this one. More I do PvP the more I see backstabbing as just something I think the game could live without. I could totally play a backstab-free Dark Souls although I practice backstabbing. Backstabbing could be a special feature of daggers.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:53 am

Manual targeting with a targeting crosshair similar to what comes up for a bow and arrow for magic, so you would need to be very accurate in your timing and use of them.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:14 pm

VinheimProfessor wrote:Manual targeting with a targeting crosshair similar to what comes up for a bow and arrow for magic, so you would need to be very accurate in your timing and use of them.

You already need to do this in PvP against any decent player lol. Timing those previous few Crystal Soul Spears takes a bit of practice since the player can roll in any direction to avoid them, and roll into them with DWGR and not get hit thanks to the invincibility frames. Having an actual manual targeting system would make it easier imo, but it would be a cool feature happy
    CrazyMike1991

Post by CrazyMike1991 Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:32 pm

BishopHavel wrote:I think removing the backstab mechanic completely will do the game a lot of good. It would make PvE a lot more harder and PvP a lot more fair.

i don't think that would be such a good idea, yes, lag stabbing is a big problem, but removing it all together would most likely break more things than it would fix, people could just spam a bunch of spells such as WotG, after all, you can't parry it, and the only reasonable way to counter it right now is to dodge roll through it and BS them.

they really just need to tighten up the backstab hit box to make it more like it was in demon's souls, because as it is now, you can backstab someone from their side, as long as you pivot the right way at the last second, and they need to do what they can about the lag issue, hopefully it will be better on the pc, a lot of games typically are.

TRANSITION!

What i think would be very cool, even though its very simple, is if they added a "trinket" slot, and the trinket slot would be for covenant items. for example, the ring you get from the forest hunter, or from the dark moon covenant's would no longer be a ring, but instead a trinket, this way, it would save people the trouble of quickly swapping out rings when the game finds an invasion for them, and adding additional covenant items for the trinket slot would be awesome. for example, if the sun bro covenant would give you a trinket you could have equipped that would pair you up for co-op with other sun bro's that have the same trinket equipped (dead players equipped with the trinket will connect to alive player with the trinket, or there could be 2 different trinkets so living players can connect to a different living player)
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 pm

the pendant? would that work as a trinket?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:55 pm

CrazyMike1991 wrote:

i don't think that would be such a good idea, yes, lag stabbing is a big problem, but removing it all together would most likely break more things than it would fix, people could just spam a bunch of spells such as WotG, after all, you can't parry it, and the only reasonable way to counter it right now is to dodge roll through it and BS them.
    Parries would stay, a backstab would be removed.
    I'm more satisfied by the thought of backstabs not being possible if the target you are fighing is "engaged" to you, ie: locked on.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:44 am

so.. people could use camoflage then roll out and bs before they get targeted, more contrived/difficult but i bet people would do it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:27 am

I think what you just listed is fine. It's a stealth based manner of initiating backstabs, and as such, logical and somewhat legit.
    CrazyMike1991

Post by CrazyMike1991 Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:43 am

Rynn wrote:
    CrazyMike1991 wrote:

Parries would stay, a backstab would be removed.
    I'm more satisfied by the thought of backstabs not being possible if the target you are fighing is "engaged" to you, ie: locked on.

That would still cause far more imbalances than its worth, take WotG as a prime example, if someone were to get 10 or so copies of this spell and have 30 casts of it, nothing in the game would be able to hit them, its a fast acting high damage move which can not be parried, can not be blocked well without a crest shield, and reflects magic projectiles.

combine that with the ability to not get counter back stabbed and you have the games new dominant strategy. sure, you could run away from it, but would wasting 15 minutes running away from everyone spamming WotG in every invasion be any fun? no, and you could still end up getting killed after going through all the trouble.

not to mention, why is stealth for backstabs logical? irl someone is not going to somehow be immune to getting sharp objects shoved into their back just by knowing someone nearby wants to hurt them. not to mention logic is thrown out the window when people are running around with weapons the size of the black knight great sword.

at the end of the day, all FromSoftware needs to do, is do what they can about the lag, and tighten up the backstab hitbox, anyone who played demon's souls knows how hard, but fair, it could be to BS another player, and its because getting a BS actually required finesse, skill, and needed to be done at the right moment in Demon's souls. unlike the current game where you can just be anywhere in the general area of their back and face in any direction as long as its towards their general area and tab R1 (or Rb).
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 am

Backstabs for daggers only and remove the ridicilous stacking of 1000 spells = problem solved happy
    Dark Souls PRO
    Dark Souls PRO
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dark Souls PRO Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:29 am

I'd like to see a removal of backstabs in the arena coming with the DLC (keep it in other areas). Maybe add dyes to change the colour of certain armours as to add more of a sense of individuality (even though there's tons of that). Finally I would like their to be some sort of trading system where you could for example trade 5 Dragon Scales for 7 Demon Titanites or whatnot instead of sending someone a message and hoping they have said item.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:30 pm

I'd like to see a new covanent, the slaves of Avarice,

location: that random bricked up door way guarded by a balder knight in sens (it would open if wearing the symbol of avarice and lead to the treasure vault of sens)

Cov item: coins 10 gold coins for max rank (you only get 3 a plathru) 10 silvers=1 gold and 10 coppers= 1 silver.

online component: copper eye orb, similar to red eye orb, targets at your level give copper coins targets 20 levels above give silver and targets more than 50 levels over give gold coins.)

Rewards: upon joining the mimic head stops hurting you, at +1 its defense doubles (40's or so) and gains 5 pounds of weight (to represent the growing weight of your greed) at +2 its poise doubles (30) and it gains another 5 pounds, at + 3 your greed is your driving force and as such sustains you restoring 3 hp a second, again it gains 5 pound weighing in at 25 pounds, the heaiviest armor in the game. getting to plus three would require 4 playthru's or 1 playthru and 700 copper coins/70 silver coins.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:43 pm

I am stalwartly against any change to core mechanics until the next game. Let them focus on making a better game, instead of tweaking this one.

There are critical free areas, fight there if you don't like them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:25 am