Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Green__Eagle
DamageCK
BLA1NE
Shkar
JoeBroski09
sjackson12
10 posters

SL1 NG+ Nito

sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

SL1 NG+ Nito - Page 2 Empty Re: SL1 NG+ Nito

Post by sjackson12 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:02 pm

I've seen that vid and some others, I just wanted to try an alternative. I'll give it a try sometime though.

Will any hit kill me with this strat?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:18 pm

sjackson12 wrote:I've seen that vid and some others, I just wanted to try an alternative. I'll give it a try sometime though.

Will any hit kill me with this strat?

You may be able to take on a melee hit straight on if you are right next to the boss. I'm not sure.

Pretty much anything else will kill you though. I killed them on NG+ the other day, and even with a Sanctus there to absorb the AoE (Not great, but it's a shield), it still broke my 192 Stamina and took away like half my health.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:34 pm

gargoyle shield ftw. Has an AMAZING shield block. That and the crest shield.
    sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sjackson12 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:35 pm

I'm using crest shield +5 already. Should I use silver knight armor instead of black for the better magic defense? And would mask of child be better than mask of the mother? I would think stamins is more important than HP here.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Easy way to beat the four kings is to rely on great combustion and fire surge to take down the first two quickly and give you plenty of time for the next ones.
    sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sjackson12 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Aren't they weaker to lightning than fire?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:31 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:gargoyle shield ftw. Has an AMAZING shield block. That and the crest shield.

My point was that it was enough to break through my guard with max stamina.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 pm

DamageCK wrote:NG+ 4 Kings bossfight is hard enough at 100+. No idea how you're going to solo that ****.

No it isnt. If you know what you are doing. Got them NG++ with a SL 20 char. With some decent Japanese help ok, that's true. lol.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Sooo... not solo.

Haha.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:48 pm

sjackson12 wrote:Aren't they weaker to lightning than fire?

Probably, but great combustion and other pyromancy is still amazing with a +5 ascended flame, along with the fact it doesn't use any stamina allowing you to stay highly maneuverable during the fight.
    sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sjackson12 Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Ok, here's my build for 4 Kings flipping:

http://tinyurl.com/6nlcpsr

I use GC shield unless he does the purple magic attack, in which case I switch to crest. GC is +10 and crest is +5.

Do you think crown of dusk is worth using? It only helps when I'm using pyro, and increases the damage I take from their magic attacks. Alternatives would be mask of mother or child. BTW - GC does something like ~470 with the crown on (about 390 w/o) while my battle axe does 320.

How do I avoid the "hug" attack? It's happened to me twice and I didn't really have time to react in either case. Obviously it's an instant kill.

The few times I've killed the first king the second has killed me while being obscured by that annoying bright death animation - anyway to avoid this?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:05 pm

sjackson12 wrote:Ok, here's my build for 4 Kings flipping:

http://tinyurl.com/6nlcpsr

I use GC shield unless he does the purple magic attack, in which case I switch to crest. GC is +10 and crest is +5.

Do you think crown of dusk is worth using? It only helps when I'm using pyro, and increases the damage I take from their magic attacks. Alternatives would be mask of mother or child. BTW - GC does something like ~470 with the crown on (about 390 w/o) while my battle axe does 320.

How do I avoid the "hug" attack? It's happened to me twice and I didn't really have time to react in either case. Obviously it's an instant kill.

The few times I've killed the first king the second has killed me while being obscured by that annoying bright death animation - anyway to avoid this?

I'd suggest using Child and dodging their sword swings, then taking a swing or two with your axe while they recover.

As for the transition, my best guess would be too try locking on and doing a backroll or two to get out of the animation, then close the gap.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Instead of having 2 GC attuned, try Power Within. Having PW on and focusing on melee will be a good option. Try this armor setup:

http://tinyurl.com/7brjb3x

Best is not to get hit, but in case you do, this is probably the best armor you can have under the circumstances. I'd say no to the crown of dusk, since you'll do almost as much damage with melee as with pyro, so you're better off focusing on melee and keeping up your magical defense. With GCS and MoC, you'll be able to attack and dodge like crazy. If you ever run out of stamina, get a quick combustion in there, and your stamina will be back to full by the time it's done.

The grab attack, you need to know how to tell when they're about to do it, and roll a few times back. I've seen it dodged by rolling to the side of it, but it's a lot trickier.

As for the death animation... nothing much you can do, I think! You'll just have to be extra-aware of when the next one is about to spawn. If you have time, keep attacking the king that's disappearing. If the next one has appeared, try locking-on to it to know where it is, or raise your shield in case it's attacking and you can't see.

Good luck again!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:19 pm

If you go hollow they are drastically less likely to use the grab attack. But then you can't use what's her face.
    sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sjackson12 Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks. I don't have that armor, but I do have the golem set - the gauntlets weigh the same as giant's but have better physical damage reduction (but worse magical).

As I mentioned, pyro with crown of dusk does much more damage, but once the pyro is gone the crown is only a hindrance.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Giant's armor is better than Golem's in every way--you need to go buy that armor and upgrade it fully!
    sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sjackson12 Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:41 pm

I guess you're right, though I don't think I have enough souls to do that yet (I've lost 100K+ several times). I also don't know if I want to do that much work just for one boss.

At the very least I can get the giant gauntlets and upgraded my tattered robe.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Yeah, get the gauntlets at least. With your level/ gear/ equip weight restrictions, they're the piece you're most likely to be wearing. When weight is such an issue, I really consider these the most important pieces of armor:

Head: Crown of Dusk or a Mask
    Chest: Dingy robes (far and beyond best defense stats/ weight)
    Gloves: ----
    Legs: Hollow Soldier Waistcloth (good defense/ weight, best poise/ weight)

Depending on your needs, you may find other chest or leg-pieces that are better, but those ones are the best in general when weight is an issue. With head definitely taken up by the crown or a mask, that leaves the gloves open, since I don't really consider any gloves as must-wear. Havel's or Giant's are the best, depending on weight and whether you need defense or poise (Catarina gloves are also good, if you need to free up even more weight).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:28 am