Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Tolvo
reim0027
Ciledaknuf
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
WarriorOfBenOwnage
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Palarax
whitechikz11
footsied
Motopsycho
FinPeku
Knight N. Allant
Bamjam
DarkW17
ViralEnsign_
EmoElmos
SunlightCrusader
befowler
N_Raist
Shkar
FattyOfDoom
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Brokewilly
Quarik
dancash1808
cloudyeki
36 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 34 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:58 pm

That's quick for me, in gaming terms. Understand, I've probably killed each boss in an MMO like, 500 times. I've played over 800 versus matches of Left 4 Dead 1, and won't 700 of them. When I play a game, I play it way too much. Never got that much into Left 4 Dead 2 though, it was a good game. I just played the first too much. I wasn't a fan of the atmosphere of the second either.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:07 pm

0.o ... jeez. that would drive me mad. When I get a game my friends and family think I play it too much. (If I like a game it will probably get cleared 3-4 times)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:08 pm

You don't want to know how many times I've played MGS4, and MGS3. silly
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:10 pm

everyone recommends those! I really must get them sometime. due to dyspraxia as a kid I never really got into games that involved shooting till a few years back...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:12 pm

If you're really smart in the game, you can manage to do little to no shooting.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Sounds good. although deus ex human revolution without shooting was painful to be honest.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:15 pm

MGS has better stealth gameplay, but that's because the entire game is built around stealth. But on the hardest settings, you will drive yourself nuts like i have. Though I really enjoyed both of those games.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Please I dont need videogames to drive myself nuts! silly if anything they supress it somewhat. Next time I am financially secure I shall see if I can aquire one. are any of them on the ps2?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:23 pm

MGS2 is, which was one of the, well if you were a big fan it wasn't well received. Gameplay wise I really enjoyed it, and while it was different I do think it was a very strong game. The character you play as in that one is just...Basically it's a final fantasy character to put it simply.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 am

So a fun night in the forest last night. Only did a few fights since I had a Netflix disc to watch but started off great. Found two campers who were working on the NPCs by the stairs. I come close enough to reveal myself while they were working over the cleric. The phantom gives chase and the host tries to clean up the NPC area. Not a big gap between the two but enough. Enough to weave through the trees that is. A couple mischievous trees and the phantom is hesitant. I get a couple hits in and the host is near. Some zigzagging back and a few more trees help me out. Long enough to heal the wounds I've sustained. Sidenote.....I LOOOOOOOOVE using Great Heal right in front of people. Feels like a really big "f.u." to them. Anyway, they clear those trees but well.....we're near the cliffs by now aren't we. The phantom charges in and we have a WoG quick spam off. I have more casts at this point apparently. He basically missed all the trees and hit me once. I hit him and make the host back off. The phantom chases me and the trees chase him. Knowing both my prey are hurt I chase the host. No flasking buddy. It's a gamble with the proximity of the phantom but my speakers play a happy little "phantom go bye bye" sound. Thank you trees. Strategy change. I flank the host to cut him off from the stairs and out of the tree patrol area. I guess with all the time ganging up on people he never picked up any tricks on fighting more than one opponent. I'll give you a hint on the ending. I ended up being indicted twisted

More fun. I met a solo flasker with a great sword. He learned the hard way that the Great Scythe has better reach. He also learned the hard way that me letting him flask was like a cat with a stuck mouse. Best moment besides the win was the backstab on the stairs while he flasked. Why? The faceplant from a pretty nice height.

Ran into my first Dragon Glitcher. No torso so I knew knives were my biggest worry. He ended up winning by actually dueling me (he was not bad) because I was too busy studying the movement patterns needed to trigger the glitch and ways to infuriate him. Hint: Circling around trees mad him really mad.

Last but not least. I find another soloist near the stairs. I give chase from a very good distance. I see a flash of gold magic. He'd been fighting the NPCs so I figure the cleric healed. I get to near where the sorcerer would be and I don't see a host aura anywhere. Hmmmm.......there it is, the black shrub. I stand for a few second staring at him. Nothing. I switch to my catalyst. Nothing. Back to Great Scythe. Nothing. Ok. You won't come out and fight.....back to catalyst. Disconnected from the host's world right as my White Dragon Breath (now forever known as "bath salts") was about to do it's best impression of an ax looking to get an Xmas tree.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:50 am

I encountered my first dragon roar glitcher last night. Never again. On the plus side, though, I met a newer forumite and had a few good fights.

I've been trying to learn the zwei (and later the DGM, maybe) for its poise break and range advantage over the mura, and it's surprisingly similar. Any UGS users have some tips for me?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:53 am

Well considering that UGS can, stunlock, BS cancel, dead angle, deal high damage, and have fast attacks for their weight, you can't go wrong. One simple trick is rolling attacks, roll and attack, but unlock as you roll. Then, aim your weapon where your enemy is going especially if they are going for a BS, to catch them off guard. Watch out for parries, as such you should always be dead angling, so no parries or blocks. If they try to BS you, you'll more than likely stagger or BS cancel them. Essentially, there are very few downsides to using an UGS.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:14 pm

A final fantasy character? what do you mean by that? an emotionally shallow idiot who still somehow manages to challenge gods?
    as opposed to the bioware universally competent and still incapable of choosing their own fate?
    (in a bitter mood about games at the minute.)

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:59 pm

@Dan - hey bro whats up!! Haven't seen u on in a bit. We still need to catch up.

Well I have encountered two dragon glitchers in the last week I was able kill one (he could not get the glitch off) and the other was a pro (he got me with a WoG). My party crasher vid shows me fighting one for a win.

@Tolvo - glad to see u back too
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey broke. its been a bit of a busy summer. spent like 4 days at home in the past few weeks...
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:17 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:So a fun night in the forest last night. Only did a few fights since I had a Netflix disc to watch but started off great. Found two campers who were working on the NPCs by the stairs. I come close enough to reveal myself while they were working over the cleric. The phantom gives chase and the host tries to clean up the NPC area. Not a big gap between the two but enough. Enough to weave through the trees that is. A couple mischievous trees and the phantom is hesitant. I get a couple hits in and the host is near. Some zigzagging back and a few more trees help me out. Long enough to heal the wounds I've sustained. Sidenote.....I LOOOOOOOOVE using Great Heal right in front of people. Feels like a really big "f.u." to them. Anyway, they clear those trees but well.....we're near the cliffs by now aren't we. The phantom charges in and we have a WoG quick spam off. I have more casts at this point apparently. He basically missed all the trees and hit me once. I hit him and make the host back off. The phantom chases me and the trees chase him. Knowing both my prey are hurt I chase the host. No flasking buddy. It's a gamble with the proximity of the phantom but my speakers play a happy little "phantom go bye bye" sound. Thank you trees. Strategy change. I flank the host to cut him off from the stairs and out of the tree patrol area. I guess with all the time ganging up on people he never picked up any tricks on fighting more than one opponent. I'll give you a hint on the ending. I ended up being indicted twisted

More fun. I met a solo flasker with a great sword. He learned the hard way that the Great Scythe has better reach. He also learned the hard way that me letting him flask was like a cat with a stuck mouse. Best moment besides the win was the backstab on the stairs while he flasked. Why? The faceplant from a pretty nice height.

Ran into my first Dragon Glitcher. No torso so I knew knives were my biggest worry. He ended up winning by actually dueling me (he was not bad) because I was too busy studying the movement patterns needed to trigger the glitch and ways to infuriate him. Hint: Circling around trees mad him really mad.

Last but not least. I find another soloist near the stairs. I give chase from a very good distance. I see a flash of gold magic. He'd been fighting the NPCs so I figure the cleric healed. I get to near where the sorcerer would be and I don't see a host aura anywhere. Hmmmm.......there it is, the black shrub. I stand for a few second staring at him. Nothing. I switch to my catalyst. Nothing. Back to Great Scythe. Nothing. Ok. You won't come out and fight.....back to catalyst. Disconnected from the host's world right as my White Dragon Breath (now forever known as "bath salts") was about to do it's best impression of an ax looking to get an Xmas tree.

Skare - great stuff bro.Glad to see you are giving these gankers and foolhardy hosts the what for Proper Bow !!! I just don't understand the mindset of a ganker (on both sides but hosts are definitely much worse in my opinion) in the forest - just what is the point? You're not getting any better just hitting R1, you're not really realizing the full potential of your build, etc, ad infinitum. I had one "evil" hunter tell me I took the game way to seriously after I sent a "Shame on you - for you have become what you most despise!!" PM to him and the other hunter who banged me (I was able to beat the bang thank goodness cheers ). I told him no its not the game - its the mindset of the player which intrigues me so. Oh the enigma of the ganker mind...... :?:

Keep taking it to 'em!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Hey broke. its been a bit of a busy summer. spent like 4 days at home in the past few weeks...

I completely understand - the real-world just gets in the way someetimes lol! Yeah - school has been eating up most of my free time luckily I have a 3 week break coming up so I will have some time to chill.

Hit me up on the BOX when you get a chance.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Some people like things easy I guess. Perhaps they fear failure more than they hope for growth. Oh well, fun killing them
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:54 pm

I gotta get back to killing gankers, but I've been getting so many souls by sitting and waiting to be invaded. So much more profitable.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:17 pm

Dan, he's a man that looks like a Lady, is kind of whiny, and has a stupid romance. Mainly the lady man thing makes me think of final fantasy haha.

FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:58 pm

I had an awkward situation last night. I invaded this one same guy and his phantom at least 10 times and i think i killed them at least almost every time. Well, he got kinda mad at me and sent me some hatemail. After some arguing i asked him something like: "Do you honestly believe that waiting for invaders with a phantom by your side will make you a better player faster than invading in a place where you have to fight 2v1 almost all the time?"

Well, surprisingly he said that i got a point and he stopped sending me anything. I went offline, but when i came back, he had sent me a friend request and asked if i wanted to help him with some 2v2 pvp. First he is just raging at me and calling me a *** and whatnot and then he asks my help big grin. I wasn't really sure what i should do but i declined the offer...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I've had similar experiences. Some people don't see a problem without being shown directly. Hopefully he actually took it to heart
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:29 pm

FinPeku wrote:I had an awkward situation last night. I invaded this one same guy and his phantom at least 10 times and i think i killed them at least almost every time. Well, he got kinda mad at me and sent me some hatemail. After some arguing i asked him something like: "Do you honestly believe that waiting for invaders with a phantom by your side will make you a better player faster than invading in a place where you have to fight 2v1 almost all the time?"

Well, surprisingly he said that i got a point and he stopped sending me anything. I went offline, but when i came back, he had sent me a friend request and asked if i wanted to help him with some 2v2 pvp. First he is just raging at me and calling me a *** and whatnot and then he asks my help big grin. I wasn't really sure what i should do but i declined the offer...

And a epiphany just explodes in the ganker's nugget "Well maybe he has a point all I do is hit R1 as my phantom circles for a BS?!" But it is good to see you may have flipped him to the "good" side cheers . Hopefully the ganker will change his ways and learn the art of fighting with principle. Victory is much sweeter when you can defeat an opponent using nothing but the knowledge of your weapons (and a bit of luck) - on any given Sunday folks.

For the glory of Alvina!!

nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:20 am

well this has not been a good work for me in the forest Gankers where hitting hard and I couldnt get them to leave kill about 20 differnt gankers 10 time each up to 1 billion in ganker souls the only good part of las week was when I invaded 3 people that where using fists and force its was funny and a good break afterward ran into another ganker that I was so close to killing then a red shows up and BS me off a cliff but im glad to see things going well for everyone els
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:22 am

Hey fellow brethren of the mother cat. I got a new vid showing me going up against a FH dragon glitcher. This was the first time I encountered the glitch and it was a very fulfilling experience. I needed to get some experience fighting against it which I did and was able to use that knowledge to defeat the 2nd dragon glitcher I encountered.

https://youtu.be/K8_ucZQwydU (Its the 2nd 2v1 in the vid - actually it started out as 2v2)

Also here is a vid of me fighting another dragon glitcher (2nd encounter) - this time I knew what to do.

https://youtu.be/W__5pQZ1Ipg

Enjoy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:57 pm