Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Eolan
Madara
6 posters

Dark Souls Timeline

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Dark Souls Timeline - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls Timeline

Post by Shkar Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Oh, just realized! Dark Souls is one of the few games that utilizes a split timeline after the game itself. If they make an actual sequel to this game it could become as complicated as the Legend of Zelda timeline...
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:18 am

Shkar wrote:Oh, just realized! Dark Souls is one of the few games that utilizes a split timeline after the game itself. If they make an actual sequel to this game it could become as complicated as the Legend of Zelda timeline...
    Yes indeed you are right, if they do make a sequel thy could imply an Infamous style save data transfer system by which everything you did in the previous game applies perhaps? or maybe just the ending effects the next, i guess its up to the developers. they could just make one ending canon i.e. the Lord ending.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Madara wrote:
    Shkar wrote:Oh, just realized! Dark Souls is one of the few games that utilizes a split timeline after the game itself. If they make an actual sequel to this game it could become as complicated as the Legend of Zelda timeline...
    Yes indeed you are right, if they do make a sequel thy could imply an Infamous style save data transfer system by which everything you did in the previous game applies perhaps? or maybe just the ending effects the next, i guess its up to the developers. they could just make one ending canon i.e. the Lord ending.
    Unless they go off some third ending, they will HAVE to make one cannon. The two endings are not compatable during the same time frame.

That is, unless they include dimension hoppings between the two realities or make a sequel for each one.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:52 am

Shkar wrote:
    Madara wrote:
    Unless they go off some third ending, they will HAVE to make one cannon. The two endings are not compatable during the same time frame.

That is, unless they include dimension hoppings between the two realities or make a sequel for each one.
    Just so long as it has direct links with darks souls whether its a prequel or a sequel i don't care just so long as its made.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Shkar wrote:
    Madara wrote:

Seems with the way time works in Lordran they could create a sequel where both endings happen, I mean potentially both endings happen simultaneously in Dark Souls.
    Spoiler:
    So if they wanted to do a sequel it seems they could manage it.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:08 pm

The problem is that those are different worlds: parallel universes. What happens in one does not affect the other.

That is, unless they take the "mixing worlds" to the extreme and make it the main plot.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:41 pm

We will see what the DLC brings but the mixing of separate worlds is the driving force behind much of the game already.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Federally wrote:We will see what the DLC brings but the mixing of separate worlds is the driving force behind much of the game already.

Not to the plot, just to the PvP interactions. The only lore parts that specifically mention it are Solaire and Dusk. Others use that system, but they don't mention it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:28 am