Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Forum Pirate
DoughGuy
dancash1808
cloudyeki
billy_bayonet
9 posters

New londo crisis

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

New londo crisis  Empty New londo crisis

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:30 pm

reserved for lore
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

New londo crisis  Empty Re: New londo crisis

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by billy_bayonet on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by billy_bayonet on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:00 pm

What, no one has any lore ready?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:01 pm

I put a first draft up in the darkstalker thread, you could destructively critiscise xD
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Billy you still want me to do some? If so I need individual scores pmed to me
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:14 pm

I think they were posted in the winter thread, although some were missing (I only know this because I wasn't on the list silly )
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Ok I got most of them. Just so you know I'll be writing the overall lore i.e. not much of individuals but more how the whole war went. Just dont expect you guys to have such a clean victory. You'll win confortably but it wont really be a thrashing.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:01 am

Oh stop cushioning their fall from grace! silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:03 am

We never were in grace to fall from it.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:11 am

What turn of phrase would you prefer ? silly
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:21 am

I deem this best thread ever. The first few posts are epic lol
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:24 am

lols ive made it, and i shall be adding the Lore when it is pm'd to me,
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:23 am

OH Ill do some. Favouring the Darkstalkers of course.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:33 am

I wasn't involved or I totally would.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:14 pm

maybe you could right a bit of lore saying why you didnt take part
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Failure

“ Estylla could feel their eyes on her as she strode through the piles of corpses that lined the ruined corridors of New Londo. She couldn’t see them, she didn’t have to though, they had been ever present from the moment she entered through the massive flood gates, sitting just out of sight in the darkness.

All about her were the tangled bodies of those who had joined the hastily formed alliance, their features twisted in a soundless agony and once bright armours now covered in a sheen of muck and gore, and their shields now covered with dirges written in a dried crimson ink.

“Can’t the Lifehunters do anything right?” She muttered to herself, her voice a tired rasp.

She glanced about the carnage and began to pick through the dozens of bodies searching for any sign of the Darkstalkers. She began to pick through the remains carefully at first but more hurriedly as time went by, they were becoming bolder now, and some were just meters off hidden in the twilight gloom. Even after all of her efforts she could find little trace of the shadowy assailants save for a few fragments of bone like armour and shattered shield. She cursed inwardly at her folly. The wounded Lifehunter she had caught earlier had insisted that the dead and wounded Stalkers had vanished mysteriously and without as sound, that was until she thrust a metre of steel through his neck.

She kicked out at the nearest body in her frustration with a steel shod toe feeling its dead flesh pulp beneath her armoured boot. Only then did she glance down to see what it was. He was clearly a Lifehunter, no knight would accept the creature that lay before her into their sworn circles, for the blight had claimed most of his face with a green pus ridden bloat that stunk of filth and corruption. The hunter had only been a whelp, barely into his teens. She spat over his corpse and left him grinning back at her with his twin mouths, one twisted and bloody where something had shattered his teeth, the other carved deeply into his neck.

She hurried on wards now, she had tarried to long in the ruined city and would play for it if she did not leave. Her lithe form slipped between two shattered columns reaching up to the sky as if trying to claw out of the dense darkness that engulfed everything.

A futile attempt, she considered glumly.

Through a door, up a narrow, winding staircase, down a corpse filled corridor she went her heavy steal greaves sung out to the shadows, a section of rubble clattering in the dark, the scrape of steel on steel, the thump of his boot on a rotting door. And still she went on.

Finally she stepped from the narrow hall she had been walking down in a wide inner yard. She glanced up at the balconies high above and shuddered. The eyes were still on her. The sounds of footsteps echoed back to her out of the abandoned passageways, the high pitched wail of Darkforged iron being dragged across crooked cobblestones.

Estylla turned about, her sky blue cloak billowing as she went, and made of the high curve of a large arch, its oaken doors having been ripped off or worn away by the waters that had sealed New Londo for so long. As she passed she could not help but marvel at the scale of the city. The civic engineers who had envisioned this city of men had achieved so much before the Sealers had claimed the right of Closing and flooded the city.

Behind her she felt the air stir.

Her vision changed, sharpened, and even clouded some.

Was it Fear? Bloodlust? Excitement? She did not know, in any case now was not the time to consider it.

A quick as anything she had drawn the sturdy rapier at her hip and swung the pointed blade in an arc feeling the tip bounce off the iron skull mask of her foe before it deflected away.

Instinctively she danced away from the shadowy being that had appeared behind her, just in time to see the wraith’s hand glow and strange white colour, narrowly avoiding its grip which had been aimed at her neck.

She drew back into her fencer’s stance, sword point held at the ready to fend off the Darkwraith’s steady advance. Her blade lashed out, low this time, at the creatures exposed legs, but was parried by its dark blade, again, and again she struck, her third blow slipping through its embossed steel ribcage.

She heard a satisfying grunt of pain as she withdrew that narrow sword.

However as she pulled away she saw the Darkwraith was barely wounded, already lumbering towards her. It slammed into her in a full body tackle with the strength of ten men, bearing her off her feet and to the ground, its armoured bulk crashing down atop her.

She screamed in pain feeling pain lance throughout she shield arm, the buckler shattering, while her ears were assaulted by the cruel snapping of her own ribs as the broke. She struggled helplessly, near blind with pain, as the wraith began to pin her arms and legs. Finally it reared back, its arm once again illuminated by an unwholesome glow, before it thrust down.

The Darkstalker was insider her.

Its arm buried up to its elbow in her chest. She tried to scream but one of the shattered ribs had pierced her lung. Light began to surge in around her.

All she could see was white, the world tasted like white, the sound of white filled her ears, and the pungent smell of white and death met her nose.

Suddenly she became aware of herself, the pain, and certain reaching deep within her. It was not entirely unpleasant, in fact, she decided, it felt good. That was until whatever it was seized whatever it was looking for.

Her eyes snapped open, only to be swallowed up the wraiths massive dark eyes, it pupils dilated, steaming breath through a lipless mouth.

Unbidden she felt some strange strength suffuse her tired muscles, and she clawed at the dark soldiers face, to no avail. She squirmed, and was relieved when she succeeded in freeing her right leg from beneath its steel shod greaves. Showing an unnatural degree of flexibility she wormed her leg under its chest, so that her heel was pressed firmly against its chest. She heaved with all her might, at first nothing happened, then slowly it began to give way as she struggled to shift it.

With a guttural scream she kicked the Darkwraith off of her and sent it crashing back into the wall where it sat stunned.

She did not know how the Darksword got into her hands but she didn’t care.

She only stopped when the blade’s metre and a half length was thrust completely through its chest plate, and its death rattle had spluttered through its skeletal iron teeth.

She had what she came for.

She stared down at the sword cradled gently in her arms. Its straight darksteel form was longer than any blade she had ever used and along its ebony finish ran elaborate carved scrollwork in a strange occult design she had never seen before. Its hilt was double forged and the cross guard was spiked through at strange angles. Only then did she realise her hands were bleeding.

A thick stream of black blood poured from her wound, steaming, onto the blade, and running though the carved designs and down onto the crossguard.

She was holding power.

She cast out her magic, tentatively, towards the blade, hearing it resonate gleefully as it absorbed the ethereal energies.

The scent of death began to fade and her vision returned to normal.

Carefully she cleaned its length and unbuckled the wraiths sheathe and substituted it for her own. She waved the blade about, above her head, and felt the other stalkers retreat a little.

She smiled, the thin line of her lips took on a more luscious and full appearance.

“Mayhap the Lifehunters did something right after all...”

Satisfied she turned about and vanished into the dark.”
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:28 pm

interesting
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 pm

MMMMMMmmm is it good I struggled at the end for certain synonyms if you catch my meaning.....

but hey this is my toon that will go one way of the other based on the DLC
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:36 pm

updated the 3rd post with the End war lore still waiting for other peoples lore
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Yeah ill add it to the second post< once i have all the lore i shall add them into there owen spoliers so the first 3 posts are massive
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Okay, new toon in the lore for me is a woman named Paksenarrion Dorthansdotter. I will write the lore for her later, I have to write the lore for the war now. 5 minute draft.

There were echoes of betrayal around the ruins of New Londo, this mysterious cult known as the darkstalkers have risen from the abyss - the corpses of Ariamis' Lifehunters were scattered over the floor.

Paksenarrion strode through the corpses, aware of the poltergeists and demons in the darkness thirsting for what they would call her humanity. One of the corpses brought her attention, it was a ghastly abomination, perhaps one of Liarts minions.

She decided to cast a light around herself as she explored further into the ruins, the poltergeists opened a path for her - fearing the power of Gird. She saw a church, it was desecrated with the corpses of the damned and Liarts priests.

'Perhaps these Darkstalkers do have a sense of good and evil'

She began striding towards the open wooden gate when she was intervened by what looked like to be a shadow of death. She could feel the evil aura emanating from it.

Unsheathing her sword she swiftly muttered a prayer to Gird. The energy of the sun imbued her sword, now she could actually see her foe, he was wearing an armor with the bones of corpses embedded inside, what material was this...

She drew into her fighting stance as the darkwraith suddenly made an attempt to grab her, she took a note that both his throat and behind the knee were exposed. He took a thrust at her whilst she whirled around and whipped her sword behind him leg - she felt it bite into flesh, but her blade was stuck in the barbs of the armor...

With a guttural roar the darkwraith grappled her and pushed her onto the floor he wrapped his two spiked gloves around her throat and began throttling her. She could feel the life draining from her, it couldn't end like this! Glancing down she saw his blade nearby on the floor - too late! The Darkwraith kicked it away, she recalled fighting techniques she had learnt back in Phelan's company when she was 18. She formed her fist into a bear claw and continuously hammered at the supernatural beings throat, before long the grip on her throat began to release and the tension fell. This malevolent being was dead, but he was stronger than any of Liarts other minions, she must prepare and train more.

Collecting her blade she swiftly left the ruins.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Sorry, times gotten away from me and I havent been able to write a lot yet. Hopefully will get it done today.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Spoiler:
    Heres the start of the lore, detailing the lifehunters initial plans and how almost half their force was lost.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:39 pm

i like it dough its very good happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 pm