Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
Scurrilous Straggler
Encore
ExplodingPenguin
SadPanda
UmbasaOtter
Derpwraith
Latitoast
User1
Dibsville
EarthScraper
BeeSeaEss
NPCWhiteMage
Noob-of-Artorias
SpecialNewb
vatar5
Myztyrio
Emergence
Animaaal
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Hue
lalliman
Djem
sciicers
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
dormancy
XachAttack
Juutas
XKnightArtoriasX
EeAyEss
Icegodzilla
Rynoa
Artoriasflagg
Rarayn
Sergeant Soy
PaPaSmVrf
Rudmed
SEANB240
The_Flail
bmurn
Silver Knight
FinPeku
User
Viral Enki
RNsunbro
Keyz Kage
sean1230
ICEFANG
barrywilkins
swordiris
mr.lucaslion1000
dianaduh
RaynexFall
Darkson
ublug
roanispe
Scirvir
fearandwhiskey
callipygias
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
Tolvo
befowler
Anchises
Quarik
Shabbalaba
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shkar
DoughGuy
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Lancelot
skarekrow13
79 posters

Completely useless facts I find interesting

Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 9 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by Lancelot Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:08 am

The knight near Pharis is a woman as well.

What, I didn't know that!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 9 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:36 pm

The "sword" embedded in the bonfires is twisted like a wrought iron poker in a fire place
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:35 pm

If you walk slowly towards the slide before the Bed of Chaos, you'll stumble a little bit before sliding.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Lol. Why does that make me think of standing on platform edges in this game
    The_Flail
    The_Flail
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by The_Flail Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:28 pm

The elevator in blighttown is powered by a hellhound walking inside a hamsterwheel.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Sometimes while cooping in Anor londo, certain areas won't load properly and many walls etc become invisible. I have this happen fairly often beyond the fog gate just past the two silver archers, so as soon as you walk through that doorway you are running in open sky with all of Anor Londo spread out around you. You can still see all the placed objects (chairs, benches, chests etc) and player messages, but no walls, floors, or ceilings. What's semi-interesting about it is despite player conjecture there doesn't seem to be anything beyond the areas we already know (such as behind that big closed door to the right of the main cathedral doors) and you're also immune to any mobs in the area, which you can't see anyway. Only problem is you also can't see invaders and are definitely not immune to them.
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:45 pm

"Siwmae" means "Hi there" in Welsh.

Last edited by SEANB240 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:49 am

But doesn't he use that as a noun, or is that something else?
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:06 am

Rudmed wrote:But doesn't he use that as a noun, or is that something else?

A lot of his dialogue starts out with "Aye, siwmae", which is basically, "Oh, hello there". Must be something else.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:01 am

Sometimes when running down the aqueduct to the undead female merchant a phantom enemy health bar will briefly appear. I have seen this a number of times, but have never figured out why.
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:40 pm

bmurn wrote:Sometimes when running down the aqueduct to the undead female merchant a phantom enemy health bar will briefly appear. I have seen this a number of times, but have never figured out why.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Weird.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:36 pm

SEANB240 wrote:
    bmurn wrote:Sometimes when running down the aqueduct to the undead female merchant a phantom enemy health bar will briefly appear. I have seen this a number of times, but have never figured out why.

At first I thought maybe there was something on the other side of one of the walls, or a secret wall somewhere in there, but could never find it.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:40 pm

SEANB240 wrote:

Yeah I've seen this quite frequently. No explanation for it though.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Where does it appear on screen? I might be able to explain it
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bmurn Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:52 pm

If I remember right, it appears right next to your character on the wall. It can show up on either the left or the right side.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:53 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Where does it appear on screen? I might be able to explain it

For me, it's before I run into the tunnel and after I've killed all the undead leading up to it (and the rat). It appears to the right hand side of the screen.

Edit: not right before I run into the tunnel but a little ways into the tunnel since I've killed the rat already.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:05 pm

I see those phantom health bars all the time in many of the worlds. I think they will briefly display for some enemies when they spawn/load as you approach their area (that also loads). The 'aqueduct health bar' belongs to the lone archer in the middle of the spiral staircase afaik.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:17 pm

ublug wrote:I see those phantom health bars all the time in many of the worlds. I think they will briefly display for some enemies when they spawn/load as you approach their area (that also loads). The 'aqueduct health bar' belongs to the lone archer in the middle of the spiral staircase afaik.

This is the explanation. I also see the bar pop over enemy phantoms if i watch them spawn
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Ublug beat me to it. The archer in the stairwell does this (bottom right of the screen) and I imagine the merchant could. This is a trick for invaders. When spawning in your host's world always do a 360 with the camera if there's a change they're hiding. The bar will appear briefly and you can catch them. Mainly applicable in the forest
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:14 am

In the perish, if you aggro the metal boar close to the stairs next to the big torch, and are able to walk onto him and preform a dropdown backstab thing, you have the chance to jump off him onto the fire, and can stand there after the animation finishes and not be hurt by fire, however if you miss the dropdown backstab thing and land in the fire, you will preform the animation of stabbing him, while losing all your heath and dying in a standing position.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:32 pm

On at least some of the objects you turn into with Chameleon, there is a slight bright spot on the object to show which direction you are facing. It is particularly obvious on the Anor Londo vase/urn if you use it in dark anor londo, but I think it shows up on others as well. It's pretty useless since you know what direction you're facing already, but I guess in theory an opponent might be able to figure it out as well.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:44 am

*bump*

You can poison the second bell gargoyle, with poison arrows, while it's still sitting on top of the bell tower. It won't deal any damage, so I figured this thread was the best place to post about it silly
    Was originally trying to poison both before the match started, but walked too close to the tower and triggered the boss.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 am

This is exactly where that fact belongs. Looks like they kind of learned from the Hall and Oates "arrow through the fog" trick in Demon's Souls.

"Oh here they comes
    Watch out boy they'll chew you up
    Oh here they comes
    It's the maneaters"
    Sergeant Soy
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sergeant Soy Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Most of the Undead Burg is comprised of wood and stone, with the wood appearing to be added on unofficially, and not as part of the architecture. Yet, there are a lot of places that make no sense architectually without the wood (the undead burg bonfire and Andre's church especially)
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:17 am

I don't know if this always happens or if it only happened to me specifically, but after killing Gwyndolin and going to the Duke's Archives, his empty boss health bar popped up when the first Channeller used his Blink ability, and remained up until I reloaded. I think it might have happened once or twice with other Channellers too, but I can't quite remember the details.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:08 am