Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
zzombieboy
omega Elf
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
Ghadis_God
Cantankerous_Flood
10 posters

My new build (Lord Xystus VI) - Opinions?

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

My new build (Lord Xystus VI) - Opinions? - Page 2 Empty Re: My new build (Lord Xystus VI) - Opinions?

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:11 am

By the way you have 2000 posts now lol!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

My new build (Lord Xystus VI) - Opinions? - Page 2 Empty Re: My new build (Lord Xystus VI) - Opinions?

Post by Federally Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:18 am

WyrmHero wrote:How da fack? Your bolts will only do physical damage, they won't be affected by the crossbow's magic AR. It's like having a lightning crossbow with heavy bolts. For lightning crossbow it's best to have lightning bolts, etc...

If the crossbow's AR has no affect on the bolt then when I shoot lightning bolts my crossbow would only have 76 AR(the AR of the bolts). I believe that you're confused on exactly how the AR is calculated. With my divine crossbow and lightning bolts equipped I added up all the ARs, physical, magic and lightning, it has 520ish and I do about 200 to 260 dmg per hit in PvP depending on range. Plus even shooting heavy bolts it dies damage through a shield. So the magic is in there.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:19 am

WyrmHero wrote:By the way you have 2000 posts now lol!

To bad I wasted my 2000th on a nothing post lol
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:32 am

An easy way to prove what Fed is saying is if bow/arrow AR was calculated that way think about a +15 bow with moonlight arrows... it's AR then would be only 80 Magic (or however much it does) and that's not true.

So it's just calculated normally via adding the arrow AR to the bows AR, however arrow type aligned with bows can be better due to defences and split damage etc, Because if the AR is too low it may not do considerable damage. But normally it's pretty similar and just depends on your stat scaling.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:16 pm

My faith build. I call him GwyndoBro silly

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1518150036556857

You could stack WoTG instead of Vow of Silence, but gosh darn I'm having too much fun with that miracle silly
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Here is a rough draft of a SL225 toon. I call him, Judge Fledd:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4520326843128795
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:40 am

Cantankerous_Flood wrote:@God: Praise the sun! I never even considered that. Thanks a lot. It's good to know that I won't have to scrap anything. What are some miracles you've found to be effective besides SLB? I've actually gotten pretty good hits in PVP with the greatsword dance especially when I'm 1 vs 2 or 3. My poise is a comfortable 57.

R of FAP always gives a good chuckle.
    I like to keep Great magic barrier attuned on the off chance I get a mage in a duel. If GLGS dance works for you, but all means keep it. It's really about what you're good with rather than a set in stone order of "good stuff" in this game. I've been toying with Replenishment lately, it might seem pitiful but it pressures your opponents, and if you're invading as a phantom, any way to heal is a good way to heal, especially if you're dealing with a fisher or a turtle and you have a nice long duel to wait it out and let your HP go back up. Miracles are generally about defensiveness and countering your opponents so they're not generally that effective at straight up combat, but TWoP for example can really ruin a bs fisher's day. You can even return the favor should you choose hahaha.
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 am

Ghadis_God wrote:
    Cantankerous_Flood wrote:@God: Praise the sun! I never even considered that. Thanks a lot. It's good to know that I won't have to scrap anything. What are some miracles you've found to be effective besides SLB? I've actually gotten pretty good hits in PVP with the greatsword dance especially when I'm 1 vs 2 or 3. My poise is a comfortable 57.

R of FAP always gives a good chuckle.
    I like to keep Great magic barrier attuned on the off chance I get a mage in a duel. If GLGS dance works for you, but all means keep it. It's really about what you're good with rather than a set in stone order of "good stuff" in this game. I've been toying with Replenishment lately, it might seem pitiful but it pressures your opponents, and if you're invading as a phantom, any way to heal is a good way to heal, especially if you're dealing with a fisher or a turtle and you have a nice long duel to wait it out and let your HP go back up. Miracles are generally about defensiveness and countering your opponents so they're not generally that effective at straight up combat, but TWoP for example can really ruin a bs fisher's day. You can even return the favor should you choose hahaha.

Fisher? Turtle? These are terms I am unfamiliar with. Replenishment to add pressure is a great idea if you have the patience. Ill try it out. That's why I'm such a big fan of using the Gravelord Sword. Toxic is much harder to take care of and once inflicted sometimes you can just sit back and watch your opponent panic themselves to death. Is it possible to stack miracles and others spells you receive from covenants?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:12 am

Fisher = Someone who circles yo uattempting to abuse lag in order to get a BS.
    Turtle = Someone who hides behind a great/shield using a spear or rapier to attack you without fear of retribution, as they do not need to lower their guard to atttack you.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 am

You also get those who cast TWoP and then circle around for a backtstab while you're 'vulnerable'. This is why I always keep an AoE spell like firestorm or WoTG if you prefer and cast it when they start running up to you to keep them at bay until it wears off, or actually ruin them with it if they're stupid enough to still try and get behind you.

You can't stack DMB, or at least I have been unable to. Seems to be a one time deal. I think this also applies to the Gravelord Sword Dance's, but I'm not 100% on that as I've never tried (confirm?). I probably wouldn't stack that anyway. Everything that you can buy/find is stackable though. If I'm playing a faith build, whenever I advance into another new game, I always kill Gwyndolin to pick up another SLB even though I'm usually in his Cov silly

This is my 2 pence for your Judge Build btw. Dropping 12 from faith only removes a mere 3 points of magic adjust from the talisman and only 7 points from the Grant's damage because of diminishing returns after 50 and gives you more flexibility with armour. For PvE switch out GMB for another buff or WoTG and switch out TWoP for anything more useful (Replishment is good for boss fights) happy

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3667857958214618
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Some tweaks turned the Judge more into a holy tank: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3432251335594697
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Welcome to the forum fellow Servant , praise father Nito cheers

Your build is looking good , and others have allready given you some great advice , but I would lose the Great Lightning Spear for sure because it is really easy to punish.
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:12 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Welcome to the forum fellow Servant , praise father Nito cheers

Your build is looking good , and others have allready given you some great advice , but I would lose the Great Lightning Spear for sure because it is really easy to punish.

Praise Nito. I have already considered it. Lots I have already considered. Thanks. Lots of good people here. big grin
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:51 pm

@Ziko: I nerfed X to SL 120 and changed his spells: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4493226215991900

I am working on his lore and will post it in the Gravesworn feed once it is completed. May the disease be spread to all of Lordran!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Heey that's great man !

Your build is looking good , well rounded , and everything is taken care of ! bounce

You can also think about joining the gravesworn if you are interested.,

there are several events from time to time in which you are encouraged to participate but it is definitely not required !

Plus it's a lot of fun meeting other GLs & hanging out with them in the same area's of Lordran , at the same time twisted

I have to ask man ; I love that picture in your signature.... is it you ? My new build (Lord Xystus VI) - Opinions? - Page 2 4125110524
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Cantankerous_Flood wrote:@Ziko: I nerfed X to SL 120 and changed his spells: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4493226215991900

I am working on his lore and will post it in the Gravesworn feed once it is completed. May the disease be spread to all of Lordran!

Hey that looks a lot like the build I suggested, I like it.
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:48 pm

I am unfortunately going to have to scrap the old one though 😢 oh well. To create, sometimes you must first destroy.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Creative destruction silly

But yeah you are definitely right about that
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Typically, I'd be sad about it, but I actually am looking forward to finally building a toon efficiently. Thanks everyone!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:11 am