Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Firelink Keeper Dialogue

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Firelink Keeper Dialogue Empty Firelink Keeper Dialogue

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:49 pm

I have already posted some of this in "Covenants". But now its time to post here cause its driving me crazy LOL.
    A long while back i had an unusual dialogue with Firelink Keeper. If I remember correctly the char was lvl 13 and she did kings before getting the Lordvessel. And, if i remember correctly, she's the one who got stuck in the Abyss. Bonfire had no "warp" option and Kaathe wouldn't allow her to become DW. I figured it was a glitch. Anyway, I used the Darksign to get out. From there I went and did O/S and killed Lautrec and returned to Firelink. Then went Abyss became Darkwraith+3. Right after that i restored Keeper soul and had this unusual dialogue with Firelink Keeper: (and I am paraphrasing but its damn close to what she said) "So your Darkwraith...now, perhaps, finally we humans can be free...of this undead sacrifice...". There was a little more but I don't have confidence in what "I think she said".

Today, I had another, what i considered unusual dialogue cause I've not heard it before...but after talking to a few people it does appear common. She said: "So you have decided to link the fire. Now, finally, this undead curse will be broken and I can die as a human. Please, save us all, Please." Which, to some extent I do find odd. I have only two chars that have gone NG+. My second char way back in the beginning when I first started playing...she did link the fire. The other char did not. So, why am I being told by the Keeper (now) that I have "...decided to link the fire" ? And, has anyone encountered that first dialogue above?

By the way I was, again, DW+3 when she gave the second dialogue. And, I didn't get stuck in the Abyss this time.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Firelink Keeper Dialogue Empty Re: Firelink Keeper Dialogue

Post by retro Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:58 pm

This is her only dialogue, assuming the text dump is complete and accurate:

Th, thank you...... Thank...you...... I am Anastacia of Astora.... Now I can continue my duty as a Keeper.... But...... I only hope that my impure tongue does not offend.... I only wish... I could, repay you...... Please, forgive me...... Forgive me...... I am impure, my tongue never intended for restoration.... Please, if you have any heart...... Leave me be...... I wish not to speak......

Frampt has told me of you...... That you have agreed to link the Fire.... I thank you, sincerely.... Finally, the curse of the Undead will be lifted, and I can die human.... I am powerless, but I will do all that I can.... Please, save us all...... Please...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Yeah, we already talked about this a little bit in the Covenants sub-section, but I'll just say that it seems as though you are able to get a lot more out Anastacia then I've ever been able to.

She usually just tells me she's of impure tongue and that if I have any sort of a heart that I shan't force her to speak to me anymore.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:09 pm

retro wrote:This is her only dialogue, assuming the text dump is complete and accurate:

Th, thank you...... Thank...you...... I am Anastacia of Astora.... Now I can continue my duty as a Keeper.... But...... I only hope that my impure tongue does not offend.... I only wish... I could, repay you...... Please, forgive me...... Forgive me...... I am impure, my tongue never intended for restoration.... Please, if you have any heart...... Leave me be...... I wish not to speak......

Frampt has told me of you...... That you have agreed to link the Fire.... I thank you, sincerely.... Finally, the curse of the Undead will be lifted, and I can die human.... I am powerless, but I will do all that I can.... Please, save us all...... Please...

Both times I never talked to Frampt. And she didn't mention Frampt (which makes sense since I didn't talk to him. But she did definitely say ..."decided". Which, again makes sense since I put Frampt out of the picture.)
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:18 pm

I don't recall anything of the first piece of dialogue and i think you could be one of the first to see it. Its interesting that the firekeeper is in favour of both the darkwraiths who seek to extinguish the flame and the linking of the flame.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks for text dumps, retro. Just read them. nice work winking
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Madara wrote:I don't recall anything of the first piece of dialogue and i think you could be one of the first to see it. Its interesting that the firekeeper is in favour of both the darkwraiths who seek to extinguish the flame and the linking of the flame.

Yeah I know it is interesting...right from the beginning of the game I thought it kind of strange that both factions: Kaathe and Frampt want you to kill the same people and Gwyndolyn wants Gwyn dead. That pointed to a third, hidden agenda. But what??
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:23 pm

After your offer up a lord soul to the lordvessel she says one of these dialogues depending on if you talked to frampt or kaathe. Either way you are ending the undead curse so she is happy.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:46 pm

DoughGuy wrote:After your offer up a lord soul to the lordvessel she says one of these dialogues depending on if you talked to frampt or kaathe. Either way you are ending the undead curse so she is happy.
    The first dialogue as well Dough? The second one..yes, definately. And, if I never talked to Frampt why would she say that decided to"link the fire"?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:54 pm

If you're talking about the ones retro posted, she always says the first one after you restore her tongue. If you side with frampt she says the second one. If you side with Kaathe she talks about the DW. If you dont side with either serpent, thats something I was gonna test.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:00 pm

DoughGuy wrote:If you're talking about the ones retro posted, she always says the first one after you restore her tongue. If you side with frampt she says the second one. If you side with Kaathe she talks about the DW. If you dont side with either serpent, thats something I was gonna test.

Then why would the dialogue assume I've "decided to link the fire" considering I am DW and never talked to Frampt? Maybe I'm being thick headed....but that assumption seems odd....assuming we associate linking the fire with Frampt and not linking with Kaathe.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:01 pm

I don't know, if you're a DW I don't think she should have said it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:55 pm