Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
berkut
User
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Serious_Much
CaptanSpudsy
DoughGuy
Federally
dancash1808
skarekrow13
13 posters

You're cordially invited to: BBQ of Chaos, Fourth of July Spectacular Celebration-o-rama, a peddling affair

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

You're cordially invited to: BBQ of Chaos, Fourth of July Spectacular Celebration-o-rama, a peddling affair Empty You're cordially invited to: BBQ of Chaos, Fourth of July Spectacular Celebration-o-rama, a peddling affair

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Coinciding with Independence Day (for the U.S. Forum Members, although all are welcome, see below) I'm pleased to announce the Dark Souls destination party of the summer:

BBQ of Chaos, Fourth of July Spectacular Celebration-o-rama!

Who's invited: EVERYONE!
    When is it: Fourth of July, your time (and rocking it through the fifth)
    Where is it: The worlds of many, many unsuspecting hosts
    What is it: A PARTY! WHOOOOOO

How to participate:
    -Anyone is free to join the festivities regardless of covenant, geographic location on Earth, etc.
    -Costumes should follow the rules contained in the next post
    -We're bringing the fun to the hosts with classic Peddler shenanigans with only two goals: Have fun and share your best stories right here when it's all over!

Since we are hosting the party there is a list of events set up to encourage super fun times. Two posts down everyone. WHOOOOOOO

Not an American? Don't worry, we've got enough party for everyone. Anyone not located in the U.S. is completely exempt from the costume suggestions but will be encouraged to be fabulous as outlined below.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 7 times in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

You're cordially invited to: BBQ of Chaos, Fourth of July Spectacular Celebration-o-rama, a peddling affair Empty Re: You're cordially invited to: BBQ of Chaos, Fourth of July Spectacular Celebration-o-rama, a peddling affair

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 pm

COSTUMES:

Some famous interviewer (SFI): So Skarekrow, everyone's been asking me about this Fourth of July party you're throwing and they all wanna 'krow....what should I Skare? I mean, they wanna know, what should I wear?
    Skarekrow: Hey man, that's a no brainer, show your American pride by sporting red white and blue baby!
    SFI: Ha ha....Of course. But I hear there's not a lot of blue you can wear. Is that right?
    Skarekrow: Yeah, that's rightareeno my man! That's why I'm saying the Crest Shield is the high fashion accessory of the summer (available at Oscar Marts across the country for the low low price of stabbing him with something pointy).
    SFI: Cool beans, so that takes care of blue. Any other info on the red and white?
    Skarekrow: The Crimson Set is absolutely "in" this season and provides the best amount of red for your money. White is the new black this year and all the top designers have something for you. From Calvin "Painting Guardian" Klein we have a nice ensemble. Versace has put out
    two great options known as the Maiden and Antiquated sets and Aberzombie and Kitsch just put the Moonlight set out this year.

SFI: Any advice on how to wear them?
    Skarekrow: Natch! All the cool kids are buying lots of clothes to mix and match. Why I hear the happening thing is alternating your reds and whites to resemble stripes.
    SFI: You wouldn't happen to have samples now would you?
    Skarekrow: You got me.....see below....(looks at camera 1) and see all of you at the party!

This delightful outfit highlights the the Crimson collection chest and gloves, with Painting Guardian mask and leggings to create a scorching Fourth of July look:
    You're cordially invited to: BBQ of Chaos, Fourth of July Spectacular Celebration-o-rama, a peddling affair 548849_240960409354192_62752983_n

This lovely lad is sporting the Mask of the Sealer with Painting Guardian gloves and fashion T. The skirt is from the Crimson collection:
    You're cordially invited to: BBQ of Chaos, Fourth of July Spectacular Celebration-o-rama, a peddling affair 548849_240960406020859_1754774300_n

Hey now! Not everyone lives in the U.S., aren't you alienating a lot of good people.

Yes I am, it's the American way after all! However, to limit the alienation some I'd love to see all of my friends at the party. Anyone not living in the U.S. is free to ignore the hell out of the costume stuff above and remove any Independence Day reference from their dialogue. That's why it's the Fourth of July Barbecue, so everyone can have fun. If you feel like showing your patriotic side, feel free to make a costume that highlights your national origin and please share so we can all know who to look for!

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

You're cordially invited to: BBQ of Chaos, Fourth of July Spectacular Celebration-o-rama, a peddling affair Empty Re: You're cordially invited to: BBQ of Chaos, Fourth of July Spectacular Celebration-o-rama, a peddling affair

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 pm

It's not a party without games and it's not a PEDDLER party without

SHENANIGANS!

Ok everyone, this is primarily a pranking event with (mostly) harmless fun!

With that in mind we have some Fourth of July/Summer themed activities scheduled:

Frisbee Golf- That's right, for all you novelty flying disc enthusiasts have we got a game for you. All you need is a Crystal Ring Shield and an unlucky host to invade. How do you play? It's easy, the host is the pin. See if you can get a hole in one right in the host's face. Bonus points for victories using only this weapon. For amicable invasions encourage the host to grab their own shield and play catch with each other

Taking your dog for a walk in the park- That's right, it's not all high octane fun at this party. Why not take a stroll with your favorite simulated canine friend. How the heck do we do this we ask? Easy, "forget" to clean up some piles of poo that just happen to get left in the host's world. This is especially relaxing in any ganking host's world.

Cookouts- What's a BBQ without some great grilling? Participants are encouraged to invade with their pyro glove as their only weapon and use it to roast burgers (hosts), hot dogs (reds allied with the host), corn on the cob (sunbros with the host) and marshmallows (I think you get the idea).

Glow Stick Rave- Once the sun sets and the party really starts rocking the glow sticks come out. What host wouldn't want oodles of prism stones strewn across their world for no apparent reason. If they don't like it, feel free to play frisbee with them or further enjoy a cookout.

Dancing- Show the host your moves with the dance craze sweeping the globe known as "The Trident." See if you can get a flash mob going. Remember that an occasional gesture can be a nice dance move too....Anyone getting a choreographed routine and video proof will be placed in the annals (thread) of the Peddlers for all eternity

Last but not least, FIREWORKS- Nothing says celebration like colorful explosions and dangerous rockets flying through the air. Invade your host and put on a show they'll remember. Fireworks deemed legal in Lordran include the following....

Bottle rockets (souls arrow and spear series)
    Roman candles (fireball and orb series)
    Sparklers (weapon buffs, cast light)
    Black snakes (Acid mist )
    Smoke bombs (poison/toxic mists)
    Moving Tanks (White Dragon Breath)
    M80s (Wrath of God, force series)
    Mortars (Firestorm/tempest series, Gravelord Sword dances)

Make sure to give your host a colorful display and always at a safe distance so no one loses any fingers! After the show is over a bow and peaceful exit is always nice.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Ooh fun times big grin details details! big grin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:58 am

Lol whatever happened to those duels we were gonna do?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:24 am

I canceled them because work got super crazy for me and most of my organizing time was on breaks I ended up not being able to take many of. I offered to host random ones but no one took me up on it. This one will be more playful and accessible with little to no prep or major time commitment meaning anyone interested can participate briefly and have fun stories to share. I have pictures of the two costume suggestions (many variations will be accepted) that will go up later today along with he concept. I will warn inn advance that the appeal on this event will vary greatly on one major factor. I have a compromise solution to broaden the allure while keeping the concept mostly intact
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:27 am

Well if you wanna do the duels thing I can host and film
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:17 am

That would be cool. Will let you know if we revive the idea.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:26 am

A fair few people can record know, makes it easier.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Let the details commence!
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:21 pm

How will we do the fireworks?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:47 pm

I got some ideas.....which are now posted
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Grr, I have no dark souls to participate with.. THE SHAME! silly
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Fun, fun.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Beautiful skare, beautiful. Even as an Aussie cause our flags share colours I shall wear the unifrom and dance with my trident at the glow stick rave big grin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Hmm consider the 5th? Many Americans will be busy with the much more mundane IRL festivities. Otherwise its an incredibly creative event and I will attempt to participate and film. Though again the 5th may be a better idea.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Instead of the crest shield, you can have a blue kite shield, a crystal sword, or showin yourself to be more of the American spirit (**** and 'bright' silly ) with great magic shield to show off your blue with red and white.

All phantoms are welcome except Sunlight Warriors; there yellow. Get your funk with blue, red, AND white phantoms. How? Either join forest hunters, Darkmoon, or have a Gravelord partner; get some red cracked orbs and soapstone, as well as white soapstone. You can show your American spirit as a blue, red, AND white phantom simutaniously.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Yeah Dough, partay! Imagine a host finding that in his world. Classic.

Fed, good idea. This party is big enough for two days! Fourth AND fifth it is.

Acidic you sound like you're setting up that choreographed dance I referenced
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm gonna be working both those days :x.

I may be able to participate though, will need to see, if I do, I will need to dress in red and white, since Canada Day is tomorrow happy.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Happy early Canada Day! Hope you can make it to the party
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Longest thread name ever silly
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Spurgun wrote:Longest thread name ever silly

I dunno about that, the title for Smough & Ornstein's Excellent Adventure is pretty long
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

This thread’s name is a lot longer silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Its not as bad as a lore rant post at least.

Also some music to get people in a party mood

Enjoy
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:44 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Its not as bad as a lore rant post at least.

Also some music to get people in a party mood

Enjoy

Old but gold silly I still laugh at that one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm