Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
skarekrow13
ublug
ChizFreak
7 posters

Found a Strange Place in Tomb of Giants.. (Video Included)

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Found a Strange Place in Tomb of Giants.. (Video Included) Empty Found a Strange Place in Tomb of Giants.. (Video Included)

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Okay, before fighting Leeroy in ToG, there is a ladder, before that ladder, there are 3 skeleton-dogs (the horror), if you kill them (they are very close to each other, I had to use the special ability of Grant), behind the last skeleton-dog, there is a fall. Very dark, nothing special. But if you drop a Prism stone, it falls and stands there. I dropped more than 10 Prism stone next to each other and they all stop at the same height. They mark it's safe. I dropped there with my ring of sacrifice (thanks god for this), only to fall to my death, but when I fell, I realized that all the prism stones, were not in a ledge like I thought, they were standing in the air, right there. It was very strange to fall to my death and then see the prism stones above me.

It really remind me the invisble bridges of Crystal Caves. Maybe you have to have something in your inventory, or something equipped, to stand in there and not fall? I wanted to take the Pendant from Reah but she went hollow. This is NG+, I'm SLvL 99, in my Faith build with my Leeroy-like toon. I already have the lordvessel and I already kill Nito.

Any thoughts? I wish I had the pendant.

EDIT: I was in Hollow from, I'm going to try Human.

EDIT 2: I managed to drop a bone, those that appear when you brake a skull, in the hole, and it stands there in the air too. I dropped in human form, after using Seek Guidance (no messages either), and I died again

EDIT 3: I dropped with Covenant of Artorias Ring and I still died.

Here's the video (yes, my game is in Spanish):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XipEV9QHG1o

Last edited by ChizFreak on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Found a Strange Place in Tomb of Giants.. (Video Included) Empty Re: Found a Strange Place in Tomb of Giants.. (Video Included)

Post by ublug Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:50 pm

I messed around in that area yesterday. If you go a bit up from the ladder and into the small 'tunnel' on the left side of the path, you end up on a small ledge directly below the dogs. Is the ledge in the same area you are dropping stones?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Found a Strange Place in Tomb of Giants.. (Video Included) Empty Re: Found a Strange Place in Tomb of Giants.. (Video Included)

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:55 pm

The same thing happens when you throw a prism stone into the dark near the bonfire by patches. I thought I saw someone say something along the lines of these possibly being areas that are specifically marked as "kill zones" in contrast to the "fall a set distance = death" programming used in most areas. Of course with all the possible secrets in the game definitely test out anything interesting.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm going to record it so everyone can see where is exactly the area I'm talking about.

ToG looks like a good place to hide a secret to me.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Void walking ring?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Void walking ring?

I'm Going to try that, also I tried dropping with Ring of White Seance (can't remember name), with full Leeroy equipment, and without any kind of light (i.e Light, Sunlight Maggot), and I died. I'm running out of Rings of Sacrifice lol. Also I almost finish uploading the video.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Video uploaded. See it for yourselves.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:15 pm

bump*
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:07 pm

That's interesting, could it be a glitch?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Yarxov wrote:That's interesting, could it be a glitch?

I don't think so.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Like skarekrow13 said, probably a defined killzone. There are many other places like this, drop a stone and it marks it as 'safe', jump in and you die instantly. Some places I remember trying: The first pit when you enter the Catacombs, if you drop prism stones from the bottom of the stairs. Sen's Fortress, follow the boulder path past the Gold Serpent Ring and throw a stone off the edge. Also the hole, where Frampt appears, before you get the Lordvessel.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 pm

what if you try the fall spell thing,?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:08 am

RantFromRant wrote:what if you try the fall spell thing,?

I don't have the required int. This is a faith build. I tried difference combinations with no results.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 am

I like this killzone theory.

Only time I experienced a killzone was in the catacombs, when I got knocked off a rotating bridge by a skeleton. Sometimes I don't feel like restarting at the bonfire so I'll quit/load game to try and have it reset me back to before I fell (don't try it... I lost 99 humanity and 12 mil souls doing it once! lol), but I was surprised that time since I just died right away and didn't get the chance to quit/load.

I'm guessing they did it to avoid people glitching. The Demon Ruins and The Great Hollow are both bellow the Tomb of Giants. Maybe some people would have been able to fall down there using some glitches (like so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZdtUcxi04). Honestly I don't see what the point of said glitch would be! But better for From to try and prevent as much of it as possible, I guess.

They just need to fix some of their killzones not killing the prism stones...

That's a theory anyways. If you do find some awesome secret there, I'll be interested!
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:22 am

I fell off the Blight town huge 'archways' like where you get the Eagle shield, quit, reloaded and was on an unmarked part of the map. It freaked me out for a bit until I fell and died.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:55 am