Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
DamageCK
WyrmHero
User
Spurgun
Rynn
9 posters

Taking Pyromania a bit too far.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Taking Pyromania a bit too far. Empty Taking Pyromania a bit too far.

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:25 pm

So I have been playing PvE recently... because I lost live.
    Well, I made this.
    http://tinyurl.com/8236lpt
    I'm currently on NG+3... and this build is a beast.
    I'm good at leading targets rolls in PvP, and I can free-aim my spells, so I'm wondering how well you think this will work for PvP. I'll be willing to answer any questions pertaining to my thoughts on how I'd use each spell type.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Taking Pyromania a bit too far. Empty Re: Taking Pyromania a bit too far.

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:06 pm

I really would like comments... I can not PvP right now and I'm going insane.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:09 pm

I can’t really comment on this. I usually don’t use any spells/pyro/magic, because i forget that i have them Taking Pyromania a bit too far. 2707236321. When i did my pure pyro i was using my backup weapon more than my pyromancies silly
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Have some more addition to it; The use of more than 4 (well, 6 due to ring) great fireball would be better, especially since 6 is not a lot when you use it to fight enemies in PvE. Sentinels from NG++ higher will require more than two fireballs... well, without the crown and bellowing ring when I did it. May require two still.

Fire Surge, Flame Whip, and Fire Storm pyromancies of all kind will only last so long. Having an addition of one more would be better.

Last but not least... don't use all the Chaos Pyromancies, it leaves less room for you to have quantity, in which can be more favourable than an extra effect (which is helpful if implemented right... for PvE, it's not as much as PvP). Having more than one pyromancy flame is advice able... the use of power within will add greater damage quality... good for bosses for deadlier kills.

And Rynn... give your girl something other than the dagger. Good for PvP for the fast hits... but enemies that you face later may object to that in PvE. Smough and other enemies are more so easily staggered and pushed by blunt weapons of all kinds. Poise won't defend the player much against clams or sentinels, nor other large enemies with high damage output... except for Darkwraith Swords, they seem to not stagger as much as some enemies that are lesser, dangerous wise. Pyromancy can bring you a long way, but sometimes a good back-up for emergencies may be necessary.

Hope it helps ya.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Have some more addition to it; The use of more than 4 (well, 6 due to ring) great fireball would be better, especially since 6 is not a lot when you use it to fight enemies in PvE. Sentinels from NG++ higher will require more than two fireballs... well, without the crown and bellowing ring when I did it. May require two still.

Fire Surge, Flame Whip, and Fire Storm pyromancies of all kind will only last so long. Having an addition of one more would be better.

Last but not least... don't use all the Chaos Pyromancies, it leaves less room for you to have quantity, in which can be more favourable than an extra effect (which is helpful if implemented right... for PvE, it's not as much as PvP). Having more than one pyromancy flame is advice able... the use of power within will add greater damage quality... good for bosses for deadlier kills.

And Rynn... give your girl something other than the dagger. Good for PvP for the fast hits... but enemies that you face later may object to that in PvE. Smough and other enemies are more so easily staggered and pushed by blunt weapons of all kinds. Poise won't defend the player much against clams or sentinels, nor other large enemies with high damage output... except for Darkwraith Swords, they seem to not stagger as much as some enemies that are lesser, dangerous wise. Pyromancy can bring you a long way, but sometimes a good back-up for emergencies may be necessary.

Hope it helps ya.
    I am looking into it's PvP capabilities right now. Once I reach level 120 I just speed-run PvE and don't fight mobs.... if it can kill the bosses. it's fine. I'm asking about it's PvP functionality, which I have no way of testing.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:46 pm

I know you are aware of the casting speed. Even with 45 Dex, pyros are slow, and invites getting roll backstabbed. So what's your plan?
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:51 pm

Spurgun wrote:I can’t really comment on this. I usually don’t use any spells/pyro/magic, because i forget that i have them Taking Pyromania a bit too far. 2707236321. When i did my pure pyro i was using my backup weapon more than my pyromancies silly

I did too, so I forced myself to play without a weapon. Big, big difference. Way better already.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:00 am

Honestly, stacking endurance so you can also stack poise is going to bite you in the *** in PvP. Sure you can tank through hits to get your casts off, but you're going to get BS punished constantly. It's difficult enough to avoid with max casting.

I go Wolf ring and Black Iron greaves. Then Gold Hemmed sleevs and bare chest for looks and low weight, which also means a low end commitment. Still get over 53 poise, so i can get my casts off. BDCR and Dusk Crown. In my experience, you'll tend to favor your weapon if you have one equipped, and I assume you didn't crank your attunement for nothing.

In reality, you should do what you want. I'm just trying to give you some insight as to what worked best for me. I'm on my third version of a pyro build, and I think I've finally dialed it in with this one. If you maximize the damage output you can afford to sacrifice defense and hp. If you're doing it right they'll be dead in three casts. If you want to know more, I can post the build.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:34 am

Don't get hit by anything is all I have to say.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 am

To punish backstabs I will be attacking my feet of course. Players that try such usually do it on the first or second cast, so I fling one cast normally, then one at my feet when I'm using pyromancy usually... As a chaosmancer, it should work far better then I remember. I don't feel 45 dex really helps much anyway.

My only weapon is a lightning dagger for 'pro fishers' and PvE mobs... I'm not going to get stuck on using my weapon as a result.

I stacked endurance because there was no other viable placement for my points; I had 50 attunement and even with my stacked endurance, I had 52 vitality. There wasn't any point in taking less armor then that after I'd done such.

So my feedback right now is the very "well duh" warning that whatever I am doing can be punished by a backstab.... when everything is generally punishable, so I'm not worried XD. Thanks guys.

I bought gold again today, so I'll up my account in a bit and try the build out. My skin is blood red for effect = D.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:09 am

DamageCK wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:I can’t really comment on this. I usually don’t use any spells/pyro/magic, because i forget that i have them Taking Pyromania a bit too far. 2707236321. When i did my pure pyro i was using my backup weapon more than my pyromancies silly

I did too, so I forced myself to play without a weapon. Big, big difference. Way better already.

I guess this is what I need to try in order to get good with the pyros. The problem with them is that they always fell so slow (even at 45 DEX) that I usually just bag on the idea altogether and stick to my weapons or my other, faster, magics.

@OP - I love the Dusk Crown Ring in PvE, but in PvP? That's a big, BIG penalty you are taking. Hope it works out for you, I know that I would be scared sh-itless to try. And with only 9 DEX I hope that you know how to time those pyros, because if not...
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:55 am

If you want to meet up and pyro duel for practice I'm into it.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:01 am

The offer is much appreciated, but, sadly, I'm on Xbox... sad
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 am

Bummer, man.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:20 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:The offer is much appreciated, but, sadly, I'm on Xbox... sad
    I'm on X-bawx.... we could duel and practice our pyromancy.

I know the dusk crown ring is a massive penalty, and that's sort of why I want to try it. I'm curious on if I can make my 50% additional casts worth it.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:05 pm

50 is already plenty of casts most of the time. It'd be useful as a FH though where hosts and phantoms take off to heal the whole time.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I think it would be funny to charge after people who run off and just keep casting spells... they'll be like.. "What the ***...."
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:31 pm

Rynn wrote:I'm on X-bawx.... we could duel and practice our pyromancy.

I'll think about it. It will be a practice sessions replete with fails on my part, but, hey, you only learn by doing, eh?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Rynn wrote:I'm on X-bawx.... we could duel and practice our pyromancy.

I'll think about it. It will be a practice sessions replete with fails on my part, but, hey, you only learn by doing, eh?
    That's true.
    I got some questions pertaining to pyromancy right now though.
    1: Is it in my head, or do Chaos varieties eat through more poise?
    2: does Fire Tempest do more damage then Chaos Storm? Is it worth loosing the AoE effect after the spell ends?
    3: Why is it that so many idiots walk BACK INTO the fire after dodging my fireballs?
    4: Why is Chaos Firewhip so under-appreciated? it's 620 damage per hit, can hit twice, and leave this lovely pool of lava in front of me, so people don't backstab me... it also hits people even when they roll a lot.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:10 am

Chaos Fire Whip is one of the best pyromancies, in my opinion. With the right setup, if all three parts connect, it can be an OHK. And it has a huge hitbox.

Me and Unforseen are doing a pyro only coop playthrough so he can get his build finished too. The game is being completely and utterly pooped on by us. And toasted. Haha.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:12 am

Rynn, yes the build is worth it especially if you swap to RTSr when you hit 20% life. a PW and RTSr GC will hit 1800 on a full giants mask person - it is extremely viable especially chucking a GCFB on floor near you then casting your CS inside it - more often than not people attempt to punish you and get burnt by the fireball residue lava and then hit by the pillars ready to be finished off by a GC to the face.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:21 am

You mean 40%, because when I swap the Dusk ring for a RTSR my 40% drops to 20%?
    I'm not using PW...
    I'm still wondering about...
    1: Is it in my head, or do Chaos varieties eat through more poise?
    2: does Fire Tempest do more damage then Chaos Storm? Is it worth loosing the AoE effect after the spell ends?
    3: Why is it that so many idiots walk BACK INTO the fire after dodging my fireballs?
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:22 am

This build would be much better if you exchange END with DEX.
    Since you only have 758 HP all that poise gives you nothing really but 45 DEX would give you those few precious seconds to dodge & avoid Roll BS that everyone uses these days since you can't survive a BS with that HP.

Bottom line, if you are sticking mostly on Pyro spells drop END & pump DEX...for PvP ofc, for PvE anything is or really.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:24 am

Actually I'm using the SLOW cast time to my advantage. Many people try to backstab me, used to the timing of a 45 dex player, and instead take a ground-fireball directly to the face for 800 damage. It works out better then my 45 dex version, so I think I'll keep it.
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:12 am

It does give you more time to adjust where your lock-off fireball will go but i guess I'm just to dependent on those few extra seconds big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:04 am