Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Federally
bloodpixel
Rifter7
Uparkaam
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
FruitPunchNinja
Carphil
Rynn
13 posters

I don't always BB-Glitch.... but when I do, it's pretty funny.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I don't always BB-Glitch.... but when I do, it's pretty funny. Empty I don't always BB-Glitch.... but when I do, it's pretty funny.

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:35 am

So let's run through the facts...
    Thorn armor makes you do damage while you're rolling.
    Usually 25 damage per roll with all pieces.
    25 divided by 1325 is 53 rolls.
    25 divided by 1500 is 60 rolls.
    25 divided by 1800 is 72 rolls.

Well I decided to build a funny build in commemoration of this...
    http://tinyurl.com/77bzwpq

I was messing with this for 2 hours today, and I swear, I could hear the Yakkety Sax music as the gankers chased me. Obviously gankers use flasks, so I'm never going to win, but it's still funny to annoy the *** out of them with it = D...

Here is how this works, Soul Mass's don't target enemies until you are very close to them if you don't lock on, so this build is played without lock on. You roll at them before the soul masses shoot off... this forces your opponent into a Ko like situation, where every move results in failure. Here is their options, no other moves exist.

1: Roll immediately, avoiding the thorns damage, however, even with the ninja-ring, this will force them into a sitation where it is impossible to avoid getting hit with the soul mass, which will fire off during the roll.
    2: Take the 25 damage hit and wait to dodge the soul mass.
    3: Attack me, taking both the 25 damage hit, and the soul mass; This can result in me taking more damage under certain circumstances.
    4: Block with a shield, -usually- resulting in not being capable of dodging the soul mass, but capable of blocking it.
    5: Use WoTG, this will, depending on when used, result in the following
    5a: I will get hit, -then- the soul sphere will go off hitting them
    5b: They mistime, and I roll away, however they deflect the soul sphere

Unless your opponent uses flasks, this battle is impossible to win. I lost 0 of my 28 matches in the last 2 hours, including 3 fights against gankers. Short of some glitches and severe server lag based backstabs, I'm untouchable.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

I don't always BB-Glitch.... but when I do, it's pretty funny. Empty Re: I don't always BB-Glitch.... but when I do, it's pretty funny.

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:43 am

Awesome! But how did you got so much Casts? Its like 2 per playthrough!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I don't always BB-Glitch.... but when I do, it's pretty funny. Empty Re: I don't always BB-Glitch.... but when I do, it's pretty funny.

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:49 am

Carphil wrote:Awesome! But how did you got so much Casts? Its like 2 per playthrough!
    Just get to New Game ++ for 8 "sphere" based spells... I have Crystal Soul Sphere on all 8 slots because I'm intending on getting that many eventually.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:17 am

I thought you only got one cast of crystal homing soulmass each playthrough. Its the regular homing soulmass that you can get two sets of, right? I dont play mages often, so i could be wrong.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 am

You get 1 crystal and 2 normal, netting 3 "Sphere" spells per playthrough. By New Game 3 you are set for PvP.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:28 am

Now this is something for me to try out in the forest

I'll make this mistake tho, if I do the light roll instead of the ninja flip, can I hit them more often, considering its faster? However, I'm more likely to get stunlocked since it does not have the same invincibilty frames right?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:33 am

Carphil wrote:Now this is something for me to try out in the forest

I'll make this mistake tho, if I do the light roll instead of the ninja flip, can I hit them more often, considering its faster? However, I'm more likely to get stunlocked since it does not have the same invincibilty frames right?
    The light roll doesn't cover enough distance to roll/hit them with the thorns damage. Due to the differences in difference and speed, the light roll causes both thorns and Sphere to be dodge-able with the same roll.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:53 am

defenses on gankers tend to reduce full thorn damage to around 10 doesn't it? also would adding kicking to your repotoire help at all?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:03 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:defenses on gankers tend to reduce full thorn damage to around 10 doesn't it? also would adding kicking to your repotoire help at all?
    Kicking gets me hit usually. Gankers defenses tend to 'drop' it to 10, but when you get a counter hit, which is often, since they are running at you usually when you roll, the damage goes up to 25.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:10 am

Haha, amazing! Seriously, where do you get all these crazy ideas?

Also, why hornet ring?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:20 am

Uparkaam wrote:Haha, amazing! Seriously, where do you get all these crazy ideas?

Also, why hornet ring?
    I'm very imaginative and spend a lot of time thinking about weird things I can do on games I really like. I'm the same way with any game that has good customization.

Hornet Ring is because of dark hand, for backstabbing. I also have 2 pyromancies for the same reason; a tactic to cut the last 2-5 hundred HP off an opponent.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:52 am

i REALLY don't think you need that many casts.

http://tinyurl.com/7ldveog

here i tweaked some stuff. you could use the 10% spell damage crown too.
    maybe put some more points into int and get logan's cat?

btw isn't each stack 10 casts? wtf man you're going to go to ng 8 just to have all of those stacks?

maybe re arrange the stats like this? http://tinyurl.com/6uektgb
    bump humanity up to 99 since you're bbg'd. 40 endurance with a grass crest will let you roll way more, and the armor of thorns will let you ping shields still and you'll have 50 casts of soulmass..

you can put havel's gloves on too actually. will give you a lot more poise and defense.

starting as a pyromancer gives you 1 more point into magic defense too. the soulmass isn't affected by dex and you wont notice jack all for combustion unless its 30 dex and higher either.
    http://tinyurl.com/72u224f

orrrr maybe even swap out the dark hand, go 40 dex and keep the hornet ring for something like this..
    http://tinyurl.com/7trxato
    if you don't like the bandit maybe swap it for prisc? i no kno? i figure hey if the guys gonna be rolling that much... might as well let him get some gnarley roll stabs in or parrys.

Last edited by Rifter7 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:36 am; edited 4 times in total
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:21 am

Rifter7 wrote:i REALLY don't think you need that many casts.

http://tinyurl.com/7ldveog

here i tweaked some stuff. you could use the 10% spell damage crown too.
    maybe put some more points into int and get logan's cat?

btw isn't each stack 10 casts? wtf man you're going to go to ng 8 just to have all of those stacks?

maybe re arrange the stats like this? http://tinyurl.com/6uektgb
    bump humanity up to 99 since you're bbg'd. 40 endurance with a grass crest will let you roll way more, and the armor of thorns will let you ping shields still and you'll have 50 casts of soulmass..

you can put havel's gloves on too actually. will give you a lot more poise and defense.

starting as a pyromancer gives you 1 more point into magic defense too. the soulmass isn't affected by dex and you wont notice jack all for combustion unless its 30 dex and higher either.
    http://tinyurl.com/72u224f
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    >Horror
    No, but really, you removed 3 of my thorn items, did you miss the point of the build? The rolling is my weapon, so I need all the thorn pieces, and the soul masses are just to be annoying XD.
    I might Grass Crest, I seem to have forgotten to equip mine.
    Hell, my Hornet Ring should be a Cloranthy.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:29 am

yeah.. it'd be funny if someone died to the 25 damage. realisticly they're going to die to the soulmass, so why not try to make that aspect even better, but still be able to ping their shield no?

little off topic, but this song started playing when i was butchering your build.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8MnbrsAnhw
    thought it was suiting ahahah.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:35 am

Rifter7 wrote:i REALLY don't think you need that many casts.

Don't you know? you always need more dakka.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:36 am

http://tinyurl.com/7cfpj6a
    I did make some changes based on what you just said.
    I just combat test it, and when I use Grass at the same time, my full stamina bar regens in 0.33 seconds.
    My brother linked me this video and said this is what it looked like to try and fight that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs3b_xrOlKg&list=FLmJiFc3x9nJrqw_tBF6Ds1A&index=64&feature=plpp_video
    EDIT: Grass means Blossoms.

Last edited by Rynn on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:38 am

oh man.. that build looks friggin evil with all the stam regen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cONmzaT4x10

wow.

what about boosting the soulmass damage tho!!!
    yeah screw the daggers or darkhand- 2 grass crests and the ring looks gnarley.

ahahahaha put a moc on it. probably overkill tho tbh.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:42 am

MoC only lowered it to a 0.25 full recharge...
    I don't notice that small of a difference without equipment veryfying it's occuring... as such, I'll keep the thorn helmet on.
    I equiped the thorn shields to check if they increased roll damage... nothing happened = (.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:47 am

what do you think would happen if i ran into you using a similar build?

im thinking boss fight. x10.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:51 am

With us both rolling?
    Stupidy ensues.
    FUN STUPIDITY.... but stupidity indeed.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:48 am

Lol Rynn you're the best, don't have much else to add lol. Except you neeeeeeeeeed to record some of this!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Federally wrote:Lol Rynn you're the best, don't have much else to add lol. Except you neeeeeeeeeed to record some of this!

Aye that. It also never occurred to me that 2 Grass Crest Shields would stack stamina regen. No reason why it shouldn't, just never occurred to me. silly
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:33 pm

it would be funny if you used istead of the hornet ring, the fog ring lol!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:49 pm

about the thorn shields, if you "kick" with them it does seem to build up bleed.
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Doesn't the Crest shield combined with any decent amount of poise render this build useless though?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:42 am